After my Liva diesel debacle, rather after my "diesel" debacle, I was on the lookout of a good and comfortable petrol car. I did checked quite a few of them,
1. Old --
* Corolla, City 2012-2013, Verna, Fabia, i20 automatic.
2. New --
* Corolla altis CVT -- Very expensive, though very responsive to drive and good suspensions.
* Verna sx o -- Car was smooth, however that click factor was missing.
* i20 automatic -- Only sports variant was available and I did not liked this one.
* Jetta -- Somehow did not liked the car after a short test drive.
* Octavia tsi -- Fantastic car, however let down by attitude of sales team.
* Vento Tsi -- liked the power, but gear shifts were not that seamless and low sitting.
* Linea T-Jet -- Had almost finalized on one as I liked it a lot, good useful features, stability, very drive-able engine, 16" alloys and tires, all round disk brakes.
There was a "BUT" from my wife and daughter, Linea was not too comfortable on rear and legroom was less. Also they reminded me that we are buying a family sedan and not a car for enthusiast
. So after considering all these points and the cars mentioned above, I decided to finalized City CVT VX.
I saved 12k of NCB for insurance on my previous car. I had booked the car in month of July 14.
Got me city cvt vx delivered after Diwali.
Initial impressions are as follows
1. Car is smooth and comfortable to drive.
2. Being a top end model it comes with all bells and whistles.
3. The car came with MRF tires and not Michelin tires.
Here is the 3000 kms update. Till now the car is doing good with mileage increasing as the car is getting driven more and more.
I haven't yet done any modifications to tires as my car came with MRF ZVTV, which are noisy but they are not soft, which might suit the broken Indian roads. Need expert reviews on it.
I have added 3M nomad black mats and they are really good, only the down side is the cost. It costed me 5800 INR.
My first highway trip on a busy highway resulted in more than 19kms/lit. One observation -- There is no "L" gear in VX version, but there is one on SV CVT version.
Here are my latest pictures for you guys.