My New Honda City CVT VX

Thread Starter #1
Dear Friends,

After my Liva diesel debacle, rather after my "diesel" debacle, I was on the lookout of a good and comfortable petrol car. I did checked quite a few of them,

1. Old --

* Corolla, City 2012-2013, Verna, Fabia, i20 automatic.

2. New --

* Corolla altis CVT -- Very expensive, though very responsive to drive and good suspensions.

* Verna sx o -- Car was smooth, however that click factor was missing.

* i20 automatic -- Only sports variant was available and I did not liked this one.

* Jetta -- Somehow did not liked the car after a short test drive.

* Octavia tsi -- Fantastic car, however let down by attitude of sales team.

* Vento Tsi -- liked the power, but gear shifts were not that seamless and low sitting.

* Linea T-Jet -- Had almost finalized on one as I liked it a lot, good useful features, stability, very drive-able engine, 16" alloys and tires, all round disk brakes.

There was a "BUT" from my wife and daughter, Linea was not too comfortable on rear and legroom was less. Also they reminded me that we are buying a family sedan and not a car for enthusiast [;)]. So after considering all these points and the cars mentioned above, I decided to finalized City CVT VX.

I saved 12k of NCB for insurance on my previous car. I had booked the car in month of July 14.

Got me city cvt vx delivered after Diwali.

Initial impressions are as follows

1. Car is smooth and comfortable to drive.

2. Being a top end model it comes with all bells and whistles.

3. The car came with MRF tires and not Michelin tires.

Here is the 3000 kms update. Till now the car is doing good with mileage increasing as the car is getting driven more and more.

I haven't yet done any modifications to tires as my car came with MRF ZVTV, which are noisy but they are not soft, which might suit the broken Indian roads. Need expert reviews on it.

I have added 3M nomad black mats and they are really good, only the down side is the cost. It costed me 5800 INR.

My first highway trip on a busy highway resulted in more than 19kms/lit.

One observation -- There is no "L" gear in VX version, but there is one on SV CVT version.

Here are my latest pictures for you guys.

img-20141029-wa0003.jpg

P_20141225_170653_1.jpg

Debadged.jpg

fog.jpg

side.jpg

mileage.jpg

img-20141029-wa0011.jpg

img-20141029-wa0010.jpg

img-20141029-wa0002.jpg

img-20141029-wa0004.jpg

img-20141029-wa0005.jpg

img-20141029-wa0006.jpg

img-20141029-wa0007.jpg

Congratulations for the city [:)] Happy Mile ahead and enjoy the ride.
From which 3M Car Care did you get NoMad mat.
Can you post picture of mat, I would like to see how Black mat looks on Beige carpet.
I am yet to receive my City VMT Petrol.

Thread Starter #6
Thanks everyone. I will post the picture of 3M nomad mats soon. Good thing I liked about it is that they are good and dust is trapped inside it.

Vibhor, thanks for merging the posts.

Below are the pictures before and after debadging the rear.

Attachments

Congrats. Happy miles ahead. One quick question. I believe the touch screen display does not support GPS navigation. Does Honda offer it as a accessory? I feel, it's a shame Honda left out the navigation feature from such touch screens. It is sooo handy to have.

Thread Starter #10
Thanks all.

There is no navigation available.

The paddle shifters are responsive and good to have in case you want to pull up gears.

One thing I mentioned in my earlier posts, my car is vx cvt and it does not have "L" gear. I guess they have provided paddle shifters and taken out "L" gear in vx version.

Thanks all.

The paddle shifters are responsive and good to have in case you want to pull up gears.

One thing I mentioned in my earlier posts, my car is vx cvt and it does not have "L" gear. I guess they have provided paddle shifters and taken out "L" gear in vx version.
That's some good news!

Well being on to any trips with your new mate ?[:)]

Congrats [:)] Wishing you many more happy miles ahead.
I have few questions :
1. How do you compare your previous Manual cars with current automatic one in terms of driveability and convenience?
2. Do you feel any jerks while shifting?
3. Any improvements you wish which would have further added convenience?
Lastly, do you feel any special driving adaptation required for driving CVT or you were completely at home with CVT after manual?

My dad is contemplating an automatic purchase hence please bear with me for above questions.

Thanks!

Thread Starter #14
Please find my replies ---
Congrats [:)] Wishing you many more happy miles ahead.
I have few questions :
1. How do you compare your previous Manual cars with current automatic one in terms of driveability and convenience?
---I have had driven many automatics like old honda city, verna, etios, i10 manual, all petrol. From diesel I had driven liva, indigo, laura, fabia. From automatics I had driven previous gen honda city 5 speed one, i10 automatic which I had owned, verna automatic, polo tsi. To answer your question, this car is far better from driveability, convinience and comfort wise, to add fuel consumption wise as well.
2. Do you feel any jerks while shifting?
--- No, not at all, it's a cvt with 7 speed, gear changes are not at all understood, unless you use the paddleshifter, which is quite responsive. In my i 10 there was little jerk, not noticable though. City is into another league in itself.
3. Any improvements you wish which would have further added convenience?
--- For convenience a better armrest and rear parking sensors, the camera does not change the lines to red, it's a plain camera.
Lastly, do you feel any special driving adaptation required for driving CVT or you were completely at home with CVT after manual?
--- Once you signal your brain not to use left leg and left hand, then in few hundred kms you will be at home.

My dad is contemplating an automatic purchase hence please bear with me for above questions.
--- My pleasure to answer all queries. This forum is for same purpose and to share experiences.

Thanks!

Thread Starter #15
One more observation of my city vx cvt.

While I start the car early morning, I get some coarse sound from the engine and intermediate very light vibrations for some time, then it vanishes.

In the afternoon it's very difficult to even figure out if the engine is ON, I put the parking gear, pull the hand brake and then I usually think that engine has been shut off. When I get down from the car, the buzzer goes off and then I come to know that I forgot to switch it off.

Is the morning behavior normal?

Top Bottom