My Maruti Suzuki Ciaz ZXi AT Silver

Thread Starter #1
My Ciaz ZXi AT Silver

Hi Guyz,

Got my Ciaz ZXi AT delivered today. Here is quick initial ownership report.

My Requirements:
1. AT/AMT is must – due to left knee problem.
2. Must have comfortable, smooth city ride. Should have low NVH levels.
3. Need Spacious sedan/SUV – especially backseat should fit in 5 perople comfortably and should have enough leg room.
4. 2 Front AirBags and EPS was must. No compromise on these.
5. Should have all gooddie-gooddies – don’t need cruise or sunroof.
6. Boot should be large – good enough for picnic/holidays of family of 4.
7. Spares and service cost should be low. ASS should be hassle free. FE should be good. Should at least match 13Kmpl (which my 2009 swift gives me currently) in city traffic.
8. Being father of two kids don’t want to race on the streets or zoom past that Merc or Audi.
9. Budget 10-11L OTR.

Shortlist?
- Vento, Rapid : Failed in DSQ quality issues. Have heard horrible nightmare ASS stories. Massive hump in the rear middle – not enough rear legroom. Didn’t even take TD.
- S-cross/ix25 : Don’t know when will it be launched. Was not sure whether AT will be launched or not. Rear seat legroom appeared inadequate from online pics. Too many unknowns. Dropped.
- Honda City 2014: Had taken TD of SV CVT couple of times from 2 dealers. Failed in ride quality – too much thud sound on road with pot-holes. Ride quality in Rear seat was harsh – felt many bumps and pot holes on the road. Too less features – you have to buy everything extra at exorbitant prices. What turned me off is the design of music system console area. Interior quality felt cheap as compared to ANHC. Also, I saw too many uneven and large panel gaps on each City which I looked at while I was waiting for TD. Came across threads of various issues and niggles of build quality of 2014 City. Too many corners cut for cost cutting. Sorry – I am not going to give my 11L for this one. Pissed off by 'itne me itnaach milega' attitude of Honda.
- Ciaz : It did fit most of my criteria. Took TD of MT couple of times with 5 adults and AC ON – didn’t feel under-powered at all. Ride quality on bad roads was much more comfortable as compared to City. Had doubts about pickup – especially since many people had raised this doubt due to low power engine. Price was 10,98,000 OTR with Zero dep maruti insurance

There it is – my first sedan – Maruti Suzuki Ciaz. Booked ZXi AT in early Oct. Had to push the dealer to give delivery before the January price hike and excise duty rise dents my pocket by at least 35K.

Before Invoice :
I went for pre-registration check recently. All things looked ok - interior, exterior super clean. No sign of the car being used as a Demo. Mfg was Oct2014. Odo showed 25Km.
Came with Goodyear tyres. Engine bay was clean - no wire cuts or dust/mud. No leakage spots under the car. Music system was good.

Made sure that I do not sign on Form-20 unless car was checked. SA was trying to get the blank form signed from me - this was hidden somewhere in bank loan documents.

Delivery :
Got delivery today. Made sure that the chassis, engine# is same as it was on PDI. Bluetooth phone pairing and calls worked perfectly with my Nexus5.

Bought following MGA:
# Floor Mats – Rs. 1390
# Illuminated Sill Guard Rs3200
- Pricey but Highly Recommended – gives differet rick feel especially at night. Local ones felt cheap quality.
# Interior styling kit (Wooden finish covers for 4 door handles) Rs 3.900
- Highly Highly Highly recommended – interior feels two segments up with this. Will post pics soon.

Planning to get following accessories from aftermarket soon:
# Anti-corrosion under-body coating by 3M
# Light shade Window Films – May skip this since cops are becoming strict now a days here in Pune.
# Leather Steering cover

Went for a 30Km drive with 5 adults and AC ON. Ciaz did NOT feel under-powered at all – anytime. Here is one suggestion to prospective buyers who have doubt about engine power – just take TD and then decide. Don’t fall prey for online reviews that Ciaz engine is under-powered –believe me its certainly not under-powered. Button start is cool.

Issues:
No complaints so far. Only complaint as of now is I feel that the brake and accelerator pedals should have been placed 1-2 inches lower s.t. I could use them while resting my sandal heel on the floor. Right now my right foot does not rest on the floor. May be I need to try out more comfortable driving position using seat height. Also, brake and accelerator pedals should have been places 1-2 inches on the right side. Even the dead pedal is too much on the left side – left knee almost pushes the plastic area near the front cup holders. Does any owner feel the same?

About AT is a boon in Pune traffic. Hope that FE comes to around 13-14 in city with AC mostly ON. Right now it shows 10Kmpl for 55Km running.

Attachments

Last edited:
Congratulations on your new car!Wishing you many happy miles with it.

I thought the sunshade is available to the rear wind screen only.Did you bought it as an accessory? Or is it coming as a standard on rear doors of Ciaz?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
I thought the sunshade is available to the rear wind screen only.Did you bought it as an accessory? Or is it coming as a standard on rear doors of Ciaz?
Sunshade on rear windows is accessory. Its too costly - not worth it. If you really need those, its better to buy one with the vacuum attachment.
Accessories snaps are from some other car. I will post mine soon.

Thread Starter #5
due11027 said:
Issues:
No complaints so far. Only complaint as of now is I feel that the brake and accelerator pedals should have been placed 1-2 inches lower s.t. I could use them while resting my sandal heel on the floor. Right now my right foot does not rest on the floor. May be I need to try out more comfortable driving position using seat height. Also, brake and accelerator pedals should have been places 1-2 inches on the right side. Even the dead pedal is too much on the left side – left knee almost pushes the plastic area near the front cup holders. Does any owner feel the same?
Ok... False alert. Took the driver's seat back and reduced the height. Now its perfect.

Congratulations on owning the Ciaz.
It is really amazing to see the number of owners increasing and more so not locked up seeing the 1.3DDIS only on paper but experiencing the drive will clear the doubts on its capability.
Wishing you the best in your ownership experience and Drive Safe!

Welcome to the club @due11027.

I acquired a White ZXi-AT near Diwali, Loving the car as more and more days passing. I agree with you on accessories, I got the same fitted too. Interior Styling Kit, Illuminated Sil Guard, MGA Carpet mats really add to the looks and value of the car. I suggest you also get rear and side chrome garnishes and metal valve caps. I also purchased rear windows rolling curtains but will fit them in summer. Are Metal sporty pedals are available for AT in your city.

I also got 3M underbody done but did not go for paint sealant or sunfilm. I am loving the car very much and washing it myself with all precautions and lot of MF cloths. I also feel that car is not at all under-powered and people look it's size on road with surprise.

How much average you are getting? (just asking for record as it displayed on LCD, not bothered much as automatic is giving so much comfort in Mumbai traffic).

Howz the feel of interior lights going off slowly a-la-flight and how is the foot-well red illumination?

All the best Ciazzing!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
Welcome to the club @due11027.

I acquired a White ZXi-AT near Diwali, Loving the car as more and more days passing. I agree with you on accessories, I got the same fitted too. Interior Styling Kit, Illuminated Sil Guard, MGA Carpet mats really add to the looks and value of the car. I suggest you also get rear and side chrome garnishes and metal valve caps. I also purchased rear windows rolling curtains but will fit them in summer. Are Metal sporty pedals are available for AT in your city.

I also got 3M underbody done but did not go for paint sealant or sunfilm. I am loving the car very much and washing it myself with all precautions and lot of MF cloths. I also feel that car is not at all under-powered and people look it's size on road with surprise.

How much average you are getting? (just asking for record as it displayed on LCD, not bothered much as automatic is giving so much comfort in Mumbai traffic).

Howz the feel of interior lights going off slowly a-la-flight and how is the foot-well red illumination?

All the best Ciazzing!
@raag73

Will check out accessories suggested by you. Planning for 3M under body coating this weekend.

Avg pn display is 13.3Kmpl @ 200Km of city driving with AC always on and mostly 3-4 passengers. But I luuuuuuvvvv AT. Super comfortable - especially since I have left knee issues.

All in all luv the car. Wooden interior trim + styling kit give feeling of superior interiors.

Thread Starter #10
Completed 500Km. So far so good. Avg is 13.4kmpl in city driving.

Takeoff from standstill is not an issue in AT – enough torque for that quick start. However, noticed that once the car running e.g. at speeds above 30Km/hr, when an upward slope comes then it takes its own time to downshift. Need to push O/D button s.t. ‘O/D off’ appears on display panel to get the extra power. Is it right?
Keeping ‘O/D Off’ provides ‘Power On Demand’ for those brisk overtakes or slopes with 5 adults and AC ON.

One week after delivery I found that one of the front parking lights was dead. SA has promised that it will be fixed in first service.

Hey due11027,
Your Ciaz looks damn smart buddy. Well I guess we have to Make Way (the tag line used in the ad) for it. Congrats for your new buy buddy. Wishing you loads of happy miles in it. My neighbour got it recently and we liked it alot. By the way can you tell us some details about the automatic gearbox in your Ciaz? Waiting for more updates and pics buddy.

Sunshade on rear windows is accessory. Its too costly - not worth it. If you really need those, its better to buy one with the vacuum attachment.
Accessories snaps are from some other car. I will post mine soon.
How much does the side sun shades cost? What about their fit and finish?

Completed 500Km. So far so good. Avg is 13.4kmpl in city driving.

Takeoff from standstill is not an issue in AT – enough torque for that quick start. However, noticed that once the car running e.g. at speeds above 30Km/hr, when an upward slope comes then it takes its own time to downshift. Need to push O/D button s.t. ‘O/D off’ appears on display panel to get the extra power. Is it right?
Keeping ‘O/D Off’ provides ‘Power On Demand’ for those brisk overtakes or slopes with 5 adults and AC ON.

One week after delivery I found that one of the front parking lights was dead. SA has promised that it will be fixed in first service.
Hello.. I also got my Ciaz Zxi AT delivered 10 days back! :) with almost same accessories as yours...

Reg. O/D, the dealer gave me wrong info similar to what you mentioned above about giving on-demand power, basically like sports mode. But what I read and understood, that it doesnt allow car to go to top gear, so basically will be driven upto max 3 gears.. to maintain the power.

And if you have steep hill with more load, you can go to L or 2 mode, which would restrict it to 1st and 2nd gear respectively.

Top Bottom