Mercedes-Benz C200 (2015) Virgin White: Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends

I am back again with another ownership thread. As mentioned earlier, I have now changed my work base to UAE and used to shuttle between Dubai, Seoul and Mumbai the whole of 2014. I have taken almost 45 flights in the past one year so had practically no time to read any posts or add my own posts. Sorry folks for that.

In 1998, I had obtained a license in UAE. Unfortunately [frustration] I misplaced this license. Moreover, it expired in 2008 and I was trying to find out how to obtain a new one without going through the travails. Those of you who are familiar with license obtaining in Sharjah will definitely understand this. One fine morning in November, I went to the traffic department to find out how to get a new one. It was a very simple process and in less than 50 minutes my expired license was renewed and now I have a license valid up to 2024! The best part is one does not need any "agents" to get this and "no-extras" are required [:D]

Armed with my license the next stop was various showrooms. The experience is entirely different. In India buying a car is still considered a special occasion which is not so in UAE. One does get test drives, however, you have to visit the showroom and not the way in Mumbai / India where the guys get the car to your doorstep for a test drive.

The first obvious halt for me was the Beemer showroom and I was almost ready to book a 328i. My family, however, persuaded me to look for other options as I already have a Beemer. Since I was travelling again, I decided to wait for a few days. After my trip I once again went hunting and tested the following cars
1. Audi A3
2. Audi A4
3. VW Golf GTi
4. VW Tiguan
5. Lincoln MKC
6. Lincoln MKZ.

The first 3 cars were amazing, however, I was put-off by the fact that they do not offer Navigation even as an option. With some many new roads in Dubai, I knew it would be difficult to drive without navigation. The Tiguan and the Lincolns did have Navigation. I was bowled over by the Lincoln MKZ and it had every feature which one can think off. The gears are buttons like what one sees in a sci-fi movie. Car loan in UAE is fairly easy and I was ready to go for the Lincoln.

During the next few days one of my close friends suggested that I take a look at the MB C class. He advised that the Lincoln will have a much lower resale value. He himself drives an S350 and was a very happy MB customer. Taking his advice I visited the MB showroom to test the new C200. One look at the car and I was sold. It was much higher priced than all the above cars. I opted for the new 2015 model with the "works". The choice of color for the Merc was obvious as white provides the perfect contrast to the black panaromic glass roof. I was given a 800 Dhs voucher to buy MB merchandise and I opted to buy two bags for my children. The only other free-bee was 3 year service pack (3 years / 45000 kms). A huge box of Patchi chocolates was also given during delivery.

After taking delivery I went to the V-Kool showroom to get the vkool film for the glasses, paint protection, seat protection and engine bay coating. Yes, in UAE you can install film (30% opaqueness) for expat owned cars. I have posted some pictures and invite comments from fellow TIANs. Currently the car is in the parking lot as I am travelling. I have done about 550 kms and still to learn few things.

A quick comparison with Beemer
1. Pickup and driving excitement - Beemer (the diesel 320d with 185 horses has much better pickup than the petrol C200 with 185 horses!)
2. Suspension and ride comfort - MB
3. Ease of use of ICE -Beemer
4. Connectivity options - MB (2 USBs + 1 SD + 1 DVD)
5. Navigation ease of use - Beemer
6. Not yet tried the cruise control on MB so I will not compare now.

The MB does have a aura even in the Gulf and hotel valets generally treat the car as well as you with more reverence.

Enough of words, let the pictures talk.

Attachments

Re: Virgin White

Let me be the first to congratulate you [clap]on your all new c class merc really looks elegant in white .

Congratulations buddy for your MB, the car looks great. Wishing you a very happy & safe ride [clap]

srid a hearty congratulations on getting an extremely beautiful Merc! Looks great and since i love the design of the new S Class the C class follows the league. Congrats and wishing you many more happy miles with the Merc.

Hi,
Car is looking gorgeous. Good choice to opt for Mercedes Benz.
Congratulations on your new Mercedes Benz. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.

Srid,Heartiest congratulations on your C class.Looks elegant in white.
Those vkools makes the white stand out.
Share comparo about both of your rides and some nice pictures of them.

Srid, just visited abudhabi show room yesterday. They have full options car only readily available. 207000. Basic version 170 but will take 2 months. Can you throw some light on the difference in features. How is the performance of C 200?
Thx

Top Bottom