Volkswagen Polo GT TSI Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
New pocket rocket landed !!

My cousin brother was up for another set of wheels since he had sold his reliable stable , the Vento. He was driving too much and was desperately in need of a responsive automatic to cope up with the city traffic and to enjoy when on open highways.
So the search began ..[evil]

New Skoda Octavia

It was the one we booked primarily and kept on since that would be a proper upgrade when compared to the Vento, though the waiting time was kind of killing the business and hence without cancelling the order, we thought of another substitute for the time being.

New Volkswagen Vento DSG 1.5

The next option was the recently launched Vento with the New DSG 7 speed gearbox.
Took the test drive and we was kind of liking it, but the waiting period was way too much and the DSG variant's were limited as what the showroom guys informed.

New Polo GT TSI

The last and final option was the Turbocharged 1.2 L mill,which produced 105ps of peak power and 175Nm of torque really surprised both of us. The gear shifts was smooth and the Tiptronic transmission was giving almost all the fun of a manual petrol car.So what else, booked one saying that they can manage to get one within 15 days and hence the hot hatch arrives .

Let the picture's do some mercy

The new refreshed look.

DSC07335.JPG

The new rear with new tail lamps and a redesigned bumber.

DSC07336.JPG

Badge differentiating "not to mess with me":stupid:

DSC07337.JPG

Refreshed front end with new Double barrel Headlamps and new fog lamps which also acts as cornering lamps and the GT grille .

DSC07338.JPG

Fog lamps, although they have provided some separation inside to give separate cornering lamps, there is no provision for another lamp like in the German spec polo, hence fog lamps acting as Cornering lamps .

DSC07339.JPG

The Double Barrel Headlamps, Indeed very powerful when compared to the old one's, Far far better than the old one's , I must say !!

DSC07340.JPG

Stock 185-60/15 Apollo Alnac tyres, which will soon be shredded off [;)]

DSC07342.JPG

The driver side controls for all 4 power windows and rear view mirrors.

DSC07343.JPG

Door sills that comes factory fitted, don't know yet whether it starts to rust underneath it, as it happened with my amaze.

DSC07344.JPG

The GT TSI stickering on the rear Quadrant , some of the minute decal jobs to make it stand out from the normal polo's .

DSC07345.JPG

Factory fitted lip spoiler. Looks nice !!

DSC07346.JPG

The new tail lamps and the tweaked out bumber.

DSC07347.JPG

Interior, where most of the changes happened.
New Flat bottom steering wheel with piano black details , though it's a finger print magnet, it kind of look nice, very nice.

DSC07349.JPG

Multimedia Controls

DSC07350.JPG

Controls for Bluetooth and MID functions.

DSC07351.JPG

Headlight control unit.

DSC07352.JPG

Right stalk for wiper control.

DSC07353.JPG

Left stalk for pass light and indicators.

DSC07354.JPG

The DSG gear lever, were all the magic is happening !!

DSC07355.JPG

New Head unit with USB, memory card and AUX input, and the speaker's sound nice too.

DSC07356.JPG

Automatic Climate Control unit.

DSC07357.JPG

MID functions

Real time Mileage.
DSC07358.JPG

Time since the vehicle start
DSC07359.JPG

Engine Temperature
DSC07360.JPG

Outside Temperature
DSC07361.JPG

Speed warning setting.
DSC07362.JPG

Digital Speed Display
DSC07363.JPG

Average Speed of the current trip
DSC07364.JPG

Trip 1
DSC07365.JPG

Fuel Range
DSC07366.JPG

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
Re: Volkswagen Polo GT TSI Ownership Reveiw

.. pictures continued !!

The Trip settings and MID function settings on the console.
DSC07367.JPG

DSG - Dual Shift Gearbox,enough said!! [evil]
DSC07368.JPG

rear bench, hardly any space for tall people, will find a solution soon[;)]
DSC07369.JPG

Much more comfortable and hugging seats than normal polo's , wise move there Volkswagen !!
DSC07371.JPG

1.2, Inline 4 cylinder Turbocharged Mill .
DSC07372.JPG

DSC07373.JPG

The emblem is having Gloss black accents rather matte black accents as earlier.
DSC07374.JPG

295 litres of boot space, quite sufficient for a hatch of this size.
DSC07375.JPG

Spare tyre is a 14" rim and not an alloy[frustration]
DSC07376.JPG

Re: Volkswagen Polo GT TSI Ownership Reveiw

Congratulations on owning the super hot hatch.
Hope you have a great ownership and Drive Safe!

Congratulations & Happy Motoring.
Best Premium Hatchback IMO. Sweet engine & gearbox combination with sporty looks to match with.

Thread Starter #8
Congratulations on owning the super hot hatch.
Hope you have a great ownership and Drive Safe!
Congratulations buddy drive safe [:)]
congratulations for new ride. Wish to clock many happy miles with it.
Congratulations & Happy Motoring.
Best Premium Hatchback IMO. Sweet engine & gearbox combination with sporty looks to match with.
its a nice car.
happy riding.
keep in touch with thread
keep updating
happy munching miles :)
Thankyou all[:D]

Hi,
Congratulations on your new POLO 1.2.. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.
So whether the Octavia booking still on, If yes, how many days was the waiting period in your place.

Thread Starter #10
Hi,
Congratulations on your new POLO 1.2.. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.
So whether the Octavia booking still on, If yes, how many days was the waiting period in your place.
We have told them to cancel it. It is almost 2-3 months waiting here for the Blue Top end variant.

New Updates

The stock 185 section tyres was no match for the power it has and hence thought of gifting a set of Conti Premium Contact 2 [:)]
Ride quality has improved very well, much as the grip

DSC07388.JPG

DSC07389.JPG

DSC07390.JPG

Looks wider and better !!

DSC07391.JPG

Mile munching at it's best , well brother has fueled for almost 15000 rs[thinking]
Well, you do the math:stupid:

DSC07392.JPG

First of all congratulation for owning the " Wolf in sheep's clothing"! have plenty of great happy thrilling miles with it. keep us updated. [cheers]

Hey Vishnu Vichu,
Congrats for your new Polo man. It looks really hot and is surely a gem to drive. Waiting for more of your experiences. The use of black for a few parts in the exterior makes it stand out. My uncle has the older GT and I swear it is a hoot to drive. Push it damn hard and it won't hesitate. I push it till 6000 rpm and its like oomph.By the way no rusting occurs bro. I have a Vento and fit sill plates as an option and after 2 years there has no rusting taken place. Even though if it rusts you have VWs 6 years anti corrosion warranty at hand. So no worries. By the way since Polo and Vento use same tyres is it a good upgrade to the size which you have upgraded to your Polo that is 205/55/R15. What are the side effects after changing the tyres? Anyways buddy waiting for more of your updates.

Thread Starter #15
First of all congratulation for owning the " Wolf in sheep's clothing"! have plenty of great happy thrilling miles with it. keep us updated.
Thankyou [:)]

Hey Vishnu Vichu,
Congrats for your new Polo man. It looks really hot and is surely a gem to drive. Waiting for more of your experiences. The use of black for a few parts in the exterior makes it stand out. My uncle has the older GT and I swear it is a hoot to drive. Push it damn hard and it won't hesitate. I push it till 6000 rpm and its like oomph.By the way no rusting occurs bro. I have a Vento and fit sill plates as an option and after 2 years there has no rusting taken place. Even though if it rusts you have VWs 6 years anti corrosion warranty at hand. So no worries. By the way since Polo and Vento use same tyres is it a good upgrade to the size which you have upgraded to your Polo that is 205/55/R15. What are the side effects after changing the tyres? Anyways buddy waiting for more of your updates.
Yes 205/55/15 will be the best upgrade. Though you can also choose 205/50/55 [;)]

Side effect.. err , Yes .
There is a bump in the fuel consumption. Who cares ? [lol]

Top Bottom