KTM RC200 Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
/A Remove this thread.

Attachments

Last edited:
My KTM RC200 Ownership Review

thats a hell of a bike, great choice, thumbs up for that.
rc 390 i have seen in action in tracks.
please dont ride the bike in low revs.
it begs you to twist the throttle
upto 500kms rev it to 4k rpm, dont settle in low revs.
after servicing please take to any track and tame it, know the limits of the bike, here in cbe there is a group with rc390s with lot of enthusiasm.
they are called
riders of Manchester city.
you can find them in Facebook.
they conduct track training every month
if you are interested i can get you in touch with the team . i know the team captain personally.
enjoy :)

Thread Starter #3
Re: My KTM RC200 Ownership Review

thats a hell of a bike, great choice, thumbs up for that.
rc 390 i have seen in action in tracks.
please dont ride the bike in low revs.
it begs you to twist the throttle
upto 500kms rev it to 4k rpm, dont settle in low revs.
after servicing please take to any track and tame it, know the limits of the bike, here in cbe there is a group with rc390s with lot of enthusiasm.
they are called
riders of Manchester city.
you can find them in Facebook.
they conduct track training every month
if you are interested i can get you in touch with the team . i know the team captain personally.
enjoy :)
Thanks
I shift at around 5.5k to 6k rpm. That's when it really starts giving power.
If iever come to Coimbatore I'll surely contact you. RC390s are track bred. It's easier to ride on tracks since it has higher horsepower and better tyres. If I ever get a chance to take it ttoa track I definitely will.

Hello nikhn,

Congrats for your new KTM RC200, I'm seeing this bike for the first time in your thread itself, i thought KTM had only Duke and RC 390 till date. But this is one is a real good bike and looks very much aggressive for which is a lot to my liking (Personally I don't like the looks of Dukes). The attacking face, the high positioned side profile is wow factor for me.

What's even more good is the given price point for the vehicle.

Please update this thread regularly with it's performance and have a happy and safe motoring. [drive]

Woahh!
That is the word that came in my mind after seeing the aggressive stance of the bike!
But, you should never compare an RC to a CBR. RC has the engine which is city and track oriented. The RC pulls you very very hard (you may even go up the rear seat!!!). I once happened to be a pillion with my friend on his new RC200. And that was the huge mistake I have ever done in my life, I can't take my hand out from the grabrail. Even though he is soft with the accelerator, the bikes puts out much power, I will be always looking like obtuse angle when looking from side! The CBR in other hand is more like tuned for touring and it wont give the sudden adrenaline rush that the RC gives.

Thread Starter #6

Woahh!
That is the word that came in my mind after seeing the aggressive stance of the bike!
But, you should never compare an RC to a CBR. RC has the engine which is city and track oriented. The RC pulls you very very hard (you may even go up the rear seat!!!). I once happened to be a pillion with my friend on his new RC200. And that was the huge mistake I have ever done in my life, I can't take my hand out from the grabrail. Even though he is soft with the accelerator, the bikes puts out much power, I will be always looking like obtuse angle when looking from side! The CBR in other hand is more like tuned for touring and it wont give the sudden adrenaline rush that the RC gives.
Yes you're right. They're two different bikes. But I was just looking into my options. Though the CBR is slightly more powerful, I wouldn't be touring much at all. Hence the RC200 was a better decision.

Congrats Nikhn! How is the ground clearance of bike when going through Bangalore's road mountains (speed breakers); I have heard that the exhaust cowling do scrape at times.

Thread Starter #8
Congrats Nikhn! How is the ground clearance of bike when going through Bangalore's road mountains (speed breakers); I have heard that the exhaust cowling do scrape at times.
With pillion if you're not slow enough then you'll definitely scrape. I've scraped twice near the exhaust. It's just the plastic so not much damage.

New update:
Right now at 850 kms. Will be getting the bike serviced on Saturday. The bike sometimes refuses to shift from 2nd to 1st and jumps to neutral instead in 1st. Lot of scratches in the windshield. Clutch has become softer and is more easier to ride. Noticing a slight drop in coolant level. Front brakes are making screeching noises at low speeds.

I had ordered a few powerparts which arrived today. Will be getting them installed by Saturday. The parts I had ordered are:

1. KTM Adjustable levers.
2. KTM Brake reservoir cap.
3. KTM Rear sliders.
4. Bar end weights.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #9

Welcome to KTM club [evil]
Thanks! [clap][:D]

On Thursday I was called to the showroom. An engineer from Pune has come to give more details and tips on the bike. Interesting session. Only first lot owners were called. Feedbacks from owners were taken.

Today the bike was given for first service at 924kms. I have asked them to address a few issues namely, screeching front brakes, low rear brake fluid level, and gear issues. Approximated cost for service is 1800/- which is definitely on the higher side. The power parts will be installed when I go to pick up the bike.

deville_56

Honoured Member

Thanks! [clap][:D]

On Thursday I was called to the showroom. An engineer from Pune has come to give more details and tips on the bike. Interesting session. Only first lot owners were called. Feedbacks from owners were taken.

Today the bike was given for first service at 924kms. I have asked them to address a few issues namely, screeching front brakes, low rear brake fluid level, and gear issues. Approximated cost for service is 1800/- which is definitely on the higher side. The power parts will be installed when I go to pick up the bike.
Get them bill for 2 L of oil and take the rest 400 ml. Need them for topup. Oil level drops significantly after 3k km.

Hi,
Congratulations on your new KTM RC200. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues. KTM design and the pricing is good when compared to the same type of motor in other brands.

Thread Starter #12

Get them bill for 2 L of oil and take the rest 400 ml. Need them for topup. Oil level drops significantly after 3k km.
Yes. They've told me the same. I have to buy 2L of oil. My brake fluid level was very low. Infact it was not visible at all. That supprised me. [surprise]

Hi,
Congratulations on your new KTM RC200. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues. KTM design and the pricing is good when compared to the same type of motor in other brands.
Thank you! I don't think any other brand can come this close to providing performance, design and pricing all in one. That's the speciality of KTM and Bajaj. [:)]

Last edited:

An engineer from Pune has come to give more details and tips on the bike. Interesting session.
It will be interesting and helpful to other KTM RC Owners if you put up those more details and tips of the bike.

Thread Starter #14

It will be interesting and helpful to other KTM RC Owners if you put up those more details and tips of the bike.
Most of it was the usual manual instructions like chain cleaning and chain spray intervals, which oil is to be used at what interval, brake maintenance, issues current owners have and what improvements have to be done. We were also advised not to use aftermarket ECU mapping as this can have adverse effects on the engine.

Picked up the bike from first service. Unfortunately I was unable to get the power parts installed. I was told it's better to not install them as they have no advantages. Should see as to what I can do with it.
The bike feels more smoother now. All my issues have been addressed. I'm disappointed with the way the bike has been washed. Watermarks everywhere. Unnecessary stuff has been charged for the service. 175 bucks for chain cleaning and lubrication is too much. Another 50 Rs for some stainer oil cleaning. I have no idea what that is. Overall an ok experience. The staff is friendly though.

hi, i found lot of useful key points about RC 200 from this thread.
i am planning buy this black beauty!. i have already started saving the money for it and planning to buy end of March.
The only thing i concerned about is the mileage. ( i know that if i go for 200cc bike, i shouldn't consider about the mileage).

But can anyone tell be what is the least km/L you are all getting from this Beast.

PS: i have made up my mind to buy RC 200 instead of RC 390, because of the only reason "Mileage" [frustration].
the distance between my home and office is 35 Kms (up and down).

Top Bottom