Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Background
Started driving on maruti zen Di odo 110k(sold)--> Santro Xing odo 90k(sold) --> Present fiesta 1.6 odo 60k
Extensively driven Honda city ivtec belongs to the family.

Fiesta Current odo meter is at 60K kilometers

Handling
It is very difficult for an average user to understand the dynamics of fiesta
initially when I upgraded from Santro its a different world,slowly started to understand
the highway dynamics of fiesta,its tough to explain how you feel in the curves it literally hugs to the road,under steer is almost negligible.

On GQ you can maintain constant 120km/hr without sweating around the corners.
No bouncing on road dips or bumps ride stays flat at high-speed cruising and cornering.

Engine
Low end torque is good,responds instantaneously to the throttle inputs.
Engine begs to be revved hard you will enjoy the engine sound once you climb the rpm's.My dad hates that sound, stay below 3k rpm its less noisy.

Its tough to keep with the modern diesel engines,say when you start from the toll both.
they pull away easily,you need to rev hard to keep up with them, but once you cross 100km/hr you feel like a boss :biggrin:
you can happily cruse above 120km+/hr through out the day.

Comfort
High speed comfort is excellent best in class.Low speed is trashy and harsh.
Occasionally bottoms out at bumps when fully loaded.Not a big issue compared to Honda city.

Ford service experience.
Overall experience is good but not comparable to Hyundai or Maruti but they are trying to improve.
Service cost is predictable,regular service costs around 5k to 10k.
Most of the issues that I faced are rectified.Zero break downs.
Over all satisfaction I would rate 7 out of 10

Issues/Parts changed
Break pads changed once.
Switched tires to XM2 R14/185
Installed pioneer double din touch screen.
Replaced battery.
Noise from the hand brake rectified after two visits.
Noise from the doors rectified.
Changed the lower arms and bushes.
Driver side manual unlock failed but did not replace from past three years :tongue:.
Driver side Power window motor failed and replaced.
suspension and Clutch job is pending as per ford but I am facing no issues.

Honda city ivtec(2010) vs Fiesta 1.6
Both are equally good cars IMO.Honda city scores better in Comfort,low speed ride,mileage and looks.
Fiesta on the other hand scores better in high speed ride comfort,Engine(Need to revv hard honda, low end is poor) and cornering.
Mileage
Fiesta--11 (city)--15 (Highway)
City -- 12 (City)--16 (Highway)

Overview
Overall satisfaction is rated as good.Will be happy to upgrade to another Petrol Ford if they can plonk the Ecoboost into New fiesta.

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
It is very difficult for an average user to understand the dynamics of fiesta initially when I upgraded from Santro its a different world,slowly started to understand the highway dynamics of fiesta,its tough to explain how you feel in the curves it literally hugs to the road,under steer is almost negligible. On GQ you can maintain constant 120km/hr without sweating around the corners. No bouncing on road dips or bumps ride stays flat at high-speed cruising and cornering.
You've nicely summed up the whole experience. An evil grin on my face is inevitable whenever I drive it on highways. :biggrin: Anyways how old is your car?

City -- 12 (City)--16 (Highway)
Those are decent figures for a thirsty 1600cc motor. Please consider sharing more snaps of the car and keep us updated with the ownership experience.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3
You've nicely summed up the whole experience. An evil grin on my face inevitable whenever I drive it on highways. :biggrin: Anyways how old is your car?

Those are decent figures for a thirsty 1600cc motor. Please consider sharing more snaps of the car and keep us updated with the ownership experience.

Drive Safe,
350Z
4 years of blissful ownership.
Highway experience is leagues ahead of the competition, aim and shoot :biggrin:

Started driving on maruti zen Di odo 110k(sold)
I guess you are the first person I know who owned a Zen DI.
What you have to say about that car?

Fiesta Current odo meter is at 60K kilometers
This reading is good for a Fiesta petrol which is just 4 years old.

This is one of the biggest highlights of this car. I tell you, this car is more agile and more responsive to steering inputs than anything under 20 lac.
Why not an RS version BTW? I guess RS was there in market when you purchased and it was a fantastically handling machine and was a looker too in that blue color with those funky alloys and a spoiler.

Put aside everything else, the engine note is the trump card of this car. If the Honda i-vtec sounds sweet, then this engine sounds sweetest. In fact it has got some sort of induction noise in the background. I remember that I once nearly killed the Fiesta RS of a friend's grandfather in a drive of around 20 kms. I still have my eye on that car, given that either the owner passes it to me or passes out himself!:biggrin: Hell, which 70 years old man needs a Fiesta RS??

Its tough to keep with the modern diesel engines,say when you start from the toll both.
they pull away easily,you need to rev hard to keep up with them, but once you cross 100km/hr you feel like a boss
you can happily cruse above 120km+/hr through out the day.
The best part lies in the fact that this engine doesn't feel weak even while cruising at 150 kph. You just press the gas and the car starts moving forward eagerly, no need to downshift to 4th to make the car move ahead in an eagerness.

Issues/Parts changed
Break pads changed once.
Switched tires to XM2 R14/185
Installed pioneer double din touch screen.
Replaced battery.
Noise from the hand brake rectified after two visits.
Noise from the doors rectified.
Changed the lower arms and bushes.
Driver side manual unlock failed but did not replace from past three years
Driver side Power window motor failed and replaced.
suspension and Clutch job is pending as per ford but I am facing no issues.
I guess this power windows failure is a common issue in Fiestas. Here I know a couple of owners who have faced the same issue either once or twice in their cars.

Hence proved: You are a sedate driver :stupid:

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
Why not an RS version BTW? I guess RS was there in market when you purchased and it was a fantastically handling machine and was a looker too in that blue color with those funky alloys and a spoiler.
That version was called 'S'. Under the hood it was same but major technical differences were 15" wheels and stiffer suspension.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #7
I guess you are the first person I know who owned a Zen DI.
What you have to say about that car?

This reading is good for a Fiesta petrol which is just 4 years old.

This is one of the biggest highlights of this car. I tell you, this car is more agile and more responsive to steering inputs than anything under 20 lac.

Put aside everything else, the engine not is the trump card of this car. If the Honda i-vtec sounds sweet, then this engine sounds sweetest. In fact it has got some sort of induction noise in the background. I remember that I once nearly killed the Fiesta RS of a friend's grandfather in a drive of around 20 kms. I still have my eye on that car, given that either the owner passes it to me or passes out himself! Hell, which 70 years old man needs a Fiesta RS??

The best part lies in the fact that this engine doesn't feel weak even while cruising at 150 kph. You just press the gas and the car starts moving forward eagerly, no need to downshift to 4th to make the car move ahead in an eagerness.

I guess this power windows failure is a common issue in Fiestas. Here I know a couple of owners who have faced the same issue either once or twice in their cars.

Hence proved: You are a sedate driver
Zen Di was a above average car IMO.Due to lack of competition in those days made it one of the most desired car.
Mileage was always 20kmpl +.
Load the car with 5 people and luggage,its tough to climb those exit ramps.
There are times were we unloaded people from the car to climb those steep ramps in the tight exits of malls.
We had couple of break downs and eventually sold it as our running decreased.

wish i could had have bought 1.6S,but people at home wanted silver,stock was not available in S model,we got some good discount on zxi ABS leather version and everyone voted for it. [frustration]

:agree: As I clock more kilometers I am becoming more sedate.
There are times when I used to get 8kmpl on a full tank.

Glad Glad to see Another Happy Fiesta Customer. That small antenna in the hood caught my attention and ordered one in Ebay for my Fiesta. Happy motoring man.
Thanks man wish you the same.Try to fix the antenna tight, people are curios about that thing and they always play with it. [frustration]

Thread Starter #8
Did a 2k trip on a four lane road. Cruising speed 120km/hr [;)]
mileage was around 15~16 kmpl.[clap]
Installed a rear view camera for 1200rs.
Added a carbon fiber sticker to the interior parts which are scratched during player installation,bought it on ebay for around 500rs. Results are good,will post the pictures.

Great review of a great car.The fiesta is one of the best handling cars out there it's great around the corners and it's hydraulic steering gains weight as the speed increases. I drove my friend's fiesta a while back and still rates it very high in the overall dynamics of the car. I felt the car's steering as hydraulic if it's electric please be kind enough to correct my statement.

Last edited:
Hi there..
This is my fully loaded fiesta model 2007.all the things are equipped with a gentle manner in it.
I have attached pioneer 2690bt system,2 jbl speakers in front,2 bose speakers at back,1 pioneer champion series sub woofer and blaupankt amplifier in it.sound is just perfect.armrest,seat covers also perfect.
But dear all,please give me some suggestions regarding spoiler and sports pedal for this beast.i want these particular things delivered at my home.please suggest me some link from where it can be possible to get the things at my doorstep.any more suggestions for more modification of my ford fiesta is most welcome...thanks..

Attachments

Top Bottom