B-Twin MyBike 7S: My New 0 BHP Ride

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends,

Been long years that had driven sitting on a saddle.Life changed after that official driving license came on hand and the paddles and my saddle changed.From Hero turbo ride came in hero honda splendour.

Years went by with change on the rides and did the life style.Tried to keep the pace between professional life and health.Either gym enthusiasm would die or walks for the health would stop with some or the self given justifications.This made in buldge to come out and so did increased the weight.

One fine day was going through some blogs and came across a blog about a cyclist riding solo towards ladakh and boy that insipired me for sure.Not for paddling to leh ladakh but to be on that saddle and paddle.

Kept reading about lot many rides, different kind of rides available and peoples experiences taking this part of communications helping in keeping fit as well as to enjoy ride.

One fine day, asked my neighbour's son to lend his ride to me for a while.Took out a spin and the joy of being again on that saddle was seen on my face.

Time was to decide the purchase.Lots many things were going on taking the shopping.Am i going to really ride this continuing for exercise or its the same kind of investment tobe seated at the back seat in few days.

But each passing day i was getting more and more firm to get my ride and start riding.Had few words with friends and one of them was already riding each morning on his dads old one that was kept back home.

Thought to search some used one in market for a while, not much of an investment and if that inspires me would take a plunge.But couldn't get hold of any good conditioned one i was looking for.Too much of thoughts and too much of excitement, went to decathlon with kids and wifey, test drove their Btwin brand rides.Shortlisted the budget not to extend beyond 10K as of now.Rockrider 5.0 as well as 5.1 seemed to be the most selling models in that range with 5.1 exceeding the budget.

Saw their Mybike series with one the regular bike light weighted better components like cassette as well as chains, frame compared to Hero and Hercules that we used to ride all those years.

Test drove all the shortlised ones and saw another Mybike but with some difference on the appearance.Went ahead and asked the SA to show that one.It was Mybike 7S with seven gears on the rear and front being with single one.Rockrider 5.0 is the entry level semi mountain bike for leisure trips on road as well as occassional off roads.But the handle bars were too flat to have that comfort ride for me.It was cast iron frame making it a little heavier as well. But it had the 21 combination gears from Shimano series, thought entry level ones.

Test drove large frame of 7S and instantly loved it.Its alloy frame making it light weighted, and with gears thought only on the rears but makes riding easy on inclines.Two colours options were white and black so went ahead with the black one.Fits in the bill perfectly and for my starters.

Mrp is 8999/- but with discounts as decathlon stores, it was offered for 6999/- plus brought the accessories like stand[surprise], never knew now a days even have to purchase this.Bottle holder and spring wired lock.

Total came to 7900/- on road.

The seat as well as the front wheel are quick release which is a boon.

Tech specs:

Frame Rigid steel frame
Fork Steel
Tires 26 x 2.0 MTB Nylon tyres
Wheel Size 26
Drivetrain

Shifters Grip shifters
Front Derailleur NA
Rear Derailleur Shimano TZ31 rear derailleur
Brakes Alonga V- brakes
Break Levers Alonga Levers

Sunday morning, on CG road government declared free zone from 6 am to 9 am with different sports activities happening for kids and adults.

Got kids cycles on the rear of the car and they with wifey went towards the main junction in car and i took my ride from home till the venue.Total distance of 3.8Kms one way.

Boy it was soo much fun riding on the saddle after these long years.But also the roads that seems tobe flat straight are steps inclines which were getting on my thighs and bums that started to feel the pressure being on that saddle..lol.

Reached the venue and enjoyed with kids, took their bikes out and we all three had some good time after a long time cycling from the main cross roads till third ones and back.A private school organised some sports activites for kids so my kids played a while and me and wife took a walk around the lane and same ways back home with their bikes on car again and me on my new ride drove back home.

Surely the bums paining but the joy is much more of riding the bike again with kids that sunday.

Today morning decided to catch up with a friend and 6am was out on road and we both met at a commong decided place and started paddeling.An hour and 15 minutes the total time i rode from home to home today morning and its amazing experience and feeling tobe back on exersice routines as well as to enjoy the ride.Covered a total distance of 7.3Kms home to home.

Sorry for the long post of the details but this is my family so ought to share the excitement over here as well.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: My 0 BHP new ride.

hell right. nothing better than sharing it with your family, Hey you got a big family i must say [;)] (all of TAI). good to hear that 0Bhp can also be fun or else all we hear these days is how to increase Bhp. Don't let this spirit die keep on and on. be like High school kid where everybody loves their Bikes(Cycle) and do everything and anything with it. Best of Luck, may you ride it till ETERNITY[:D]

Thread Starter #3
Re: My 0 BHP new ride.

Thankyou incarnation and hell yeah this is one big family for me.
Yes the spirits are high and they are surely going tobe high with the saddle paddle power every day.[:)]

Thread Starter #4
Started off the morning routine by 6am and did the same route as yesterday morning.Today was a much better day with lesser of stops and tiredness as compared to what i felt yesterday.
Did a 7kms run in just before an hour time.Slowly getting into the right balance of speed and ride with good weather in mornings.
Only issue is the seatbone thats paining from the saddle.[evil]

Vijay@

congratz for your new ride!

You should have taken that Shimano 21speed cycle or atleast an 18 S one. More gears means less workout. Your cycle dosnt have a mud guard?
I am not sure about your area, but in our place, cant think riding without that.

Thread Starter #6
Releesh, thankyou for your wishes.
Yes i agree taking the proper geared cycle but as i shared earlier in my post, the budget was a constrain first and secondly i was not sure for taking up cycling myself so i ddnt wanted to spend more.While riding the regular cycle saw this and it fitted my need perfectly.
The rockrider 5.0 i could have stretched to that one as well but the riding position was very much uncomfortable which would have taken me away from riding.
So came the 7S home.
Yes the mudguards that were available at decathlon were useless with some cheap plastic quality and half size ones making it sporty look.
I got the regular metal ones yesterday along with bell and changed the saddle as well to proper width as i wanted.Ride is much better now for the bums.[;)]

Thread Starter #9
Thankyou IC.I wanted to have the silver shaded guards to go with the stickers job on the black frame along with the silver rims, that would have looked superb, but silver ones were not available of the width i wanted.So came in black.
Also couldnt post the bell i brought as well.OEM that decathlon gave is useless.Would go on my sons ride after his broke down[;)].
Planning to increase the drives by 2 kms a week by as and how much i can.Its not on the rush part but getting used to the longer drives now.

yeah thats good dont rush on things. let it take its sweet time and with passage of time ones you are confident that you can handle it only then go for a little longer rides. i mean to say that as you are not in a habit of cycling, you will have to gradually increase the distance you cover. ITS LIKE SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE.[;)]

Thread Starter #11
Absolutely IC.What matters is that i enjoy my ride and thats is what i am to the full.But then you also want to push yourself that little bit.Once when i see myself completing the same track and kms with better consistent speeds would plan to add few kms more on the rides.
Its fun tobe back on cycling even when yesterday took it out by 11am or so for the accessories fitting, enjoyed the ride of 5 kms.Only issue i face is that to get used to the traffics now where hands keep searching for the side indicators and centre horn pads of the habbits we are used for[lol].

Thread Starter #12
Went for a small ride by later of the evening around 9.30pm.Traffic was getting lesser and with winters its a breeze to drive through the main roads.
Enjoyed that small ride for about 7 kms.
Anyone aware of the offline app for monitoring the run, speed for android and also want some holder for my phone on bike.On pocket gets little uncomfortable and mostly fear of getting it fall out of it.
Couple of pictures i took while returning back.

Attachments

Thread Starter #14
Thankyou for that link IC.Would check that out.
Routine workout is going great with now maintained speed, the same distance of 10.6kms now takes around 40 mins to complete compared to an hour earlier. Added two more kms today morning completing 12.4 kms in an hour early morning today.
A total workout of 87.2 kms since i got my bike.
Going good and enjoying my rides.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #15
Completed the 100km mark few days back and now enjoying a roughly 15 to 18 km run dialy in the morning.Its a breeze to drive early hours with nice winter weather.
Yes it gets difficult at times to wake up that early and move on, but once out its super fun to ride out.
Few pictures i clicked today morning.

Attachments

Top Bottom