well its been 2 and half yrs since I bought my Celerio Vxi (mt) and the Odo is showing almost 38000 kms. Want to take it for servicing sooner rather than later. Had a few minor knocks and scrapes and a few problems have cropped up. Also want to dress up my car a bit after the next service.
In general ..car is running fairly well. avg mileage since last service has increased. Now without a/c f.e. is 19-20 on highways and not less than 17 kmpl in the city. The car is seeing more highway rides now than intra-city ones.
Problems which have cropped up are
1. Engines chokes up a bit on cold mornings while starting. Becomes normal if idled for a minute or so.
2. Consistent squealing noise from rear right side while braking , noise increases on hard braking.
3. Rattling from both front doors. Sometimes I feel hopefully they wont fall off one fine day.Sometimes rattle decreases if I open and close the doors again. But many a times the doors will rattle when closed normally the first time.So i have to stop my car , open them and close them again.
4. Preexisting rattle from central column. Not resolved during previous service.
One incident happened when I damaged the left corner of the front bumper when it struck against an iron rail embedded on the road in the dark. The car was travelling at not more than 5~10 kmph .(see pix below). I thought at that time must be a minor scratch as the car was in 1st gear and very slow at the time of impact. But when I got down and looked at it after a while I saw that it had just bent inwards like a crushed mineral water bottle. Took it to Dealer service center Starburst Motors , Kalyani. I asked them just to straighten it out without any major refit so that I can be up and gone. Here's how the conversation went :
Bodyshop Adviser (BA) : Sir it cannot be done. You have to replace the entire bumper. And you can do it under insurance ( i have bumper to bumper insurance) , we will also fix the other small dents and bumps and total cost will be around 22k! We will give your car back in 5 days
Me: What if u just replace the bumper?
BA: It wil cost 6000.
Me: Look I need my car at this moment , cant you just straighten the bumper somewhat so that I dont have to keep my car at the shop?
BA: Looking distressed - Sir it cannot be done, its made of fiber. Even if we try to just straighten it we will have to heat it and then it will damage the paint and it will look horrible.
I really needed my car those few days and so I went away to a nearby garage and the mechanic did it for Rs 100 and within 5 mins.
Its not perfect , but I can live with it. Infact I am unwilling to repair every dent and scrape on my Celerio , since I know that due to its extremely fragile build and paint quality and the city traffic , it will get bruised again soon enough.
Plans:after next service
1. Roof wrap in black
2. Fit DRL , buy from Amazon or Ebay maybe?
3. Try synthetic oil instead?
4. Put a touch screen ICE?
Before Repair :