Posting after a long time.
My Celerio completed 30000 km recently. Also took it for periodic paid service. Car is running well in general. Although had observed following problems recently ..
1. The car chokes up sometimes and needs more accelerator pedal input. This mostly happened in the first or second gears only.
2. Fuel economy decreased somewhat. Usually it gives on a average 17-18 on highways and 15- 16 the the city , both with ac on all the time. But lately the figures dropped by around 2 kmpl from average.
3. Rattling sound from central column area in the dash .
4. Rattling from left front door.
5. Uneven braking performance with sudden increase in bite.
6. Right rear wheel cap fell off about 6 months back and got lost
7. Had two punctures repaired
8. Clutch has become somewhat harder
Also made a long 250 km round trip to bakkhali ( a sea beach located in the sundarban area) and back before the service. Trip was smooth and faced no other issues than already mentioned before. One point of the trip involves transporting the car on a barge accross the hataniya-doyaniya creek!
Well , got it serviced at AM Automobiles , a MASS located near my home. The service station is average but due to lack of time could not take it to dealer workshop . Anyway , the bill came to Rs 4592. And also got the interior cleaned for Rs 700. Total bill 5292.
SA advised throttle body cleaning and also replaced 3 spark plugs . Now the car has become much smoother with normal acceleration and no choking. Also mileage is improving again to previous figures. Brake cleaning was also done which has made the braking more uniform. As for the hard clutch , SA sad the only solution is replacing the clutch plate but advised against it for the time being, so may be in next service if needed.
The rattles- not solved. They were also not able to provide a wheel cap for the lost one. Enquired about it in car accessories shop but you have to buy a set of four. What can I do?
Another thing I found out. The service done at places other than dealer workshop doesnt show on on the service history of the Maruti care app! This is certainly a thing Maruti needs to rectify!
30000 kms up in 2 years!
Way to Bakkhali
Crossing on a ferry barge
Fresh after service