Posting after quite some time..a time that has been quite eventful for my car as well my life.
Current Status - Completed 3rd free service on 24 june 2015 with odo reading at 11205 kms.
Odo reading as of today stands at 12335 kms..
MID shows average fuel consumption - 18.6 kms . Calculated fuel consumption by tankful method varies between 16.58 kmpl to 18.1 kmpl.
Driving with ac on 90% of the time with 60% city and 40% on highway.
Had a pretty bad accident in May with Odo reading of 9753 kms. Was travelling at night on a poorly lit stretch of road near gangulybagan in south Kolkata (near west wind complex). Speed was about 20 kmph. While overtaking an autorickshaw , the auto suddenly swerved right and to avoid hittting the auto I turned right and in the process collided with the end of a iron railing (divider) in the middle of the road . Guys from south Kolkata beware the stretch of road near west wind complex and padmasree bus stop are not very well lit and the newly put up iron fence dividers are not really visible at night . There have been several incidents of vehicles colliding with the fencing in the recent past and the ends of the iron fence are now a twisted mass of metal. Recently traffic police have began keeping high visibility orange traffic cones at the ends of the iron fencing.
Anyway , put her into Bhandari Automobiles Science city workshop . Repairs were completed in about 10 days and the bill came to around Rs 21k of which insurance paid around 17.5 k. Had to replace the fog lamps as they were damaged during towing after the accident. In total it cost me around 6 k because of the accident.
Meanwhile my car is seeing pretty heavy usage in both city and highway in various type of weather conditions. And after having driven for more than 12k kms so far ...my experience with this car can be listed in the following points..
1. Good nimble car to drive in city traffic.
2. Feels surprisingly planted at high speeds on the highway. Nice cruising effortlessly on 5th gear at 70-80 kmph..but overtaking at high speeds needs downshifting to 3rd and 4th gears.
3. Drove around in pretty heavy weather in the highway at speeds upto 90 kmph but fortunately never felt the lack of braking like generalmax had.
4. Cant complain about fuel economy!
1. Tinny construction (God protect me!)
2. Really thin paint quality..scratched even at the lightest impact.
3. Slightly laggy acceleration on hot summer days with 100% ac on with 5 people on board.
4. gears are a little notchy
5. Still missing the tacho in vxi
At last it seems that the Celerio is selling. Plenty of celerios on the road in Kolkata and the suburbs . Majority are VXI manual trim. At one time when I drove around last year it seemed I am the only Celerio owner in Kolkata lol!