Originally Posted by vishnu vichu
Congratulation on your Black Mammoth.
Hope to see the thread live and updated.
Well how good is the Dash cam ? I'm seriously looking for one and getting confused with the models and all. Kindly share the review of this product !
Thanks for the wishes, Vishnu.
The DVR is pretty good. Let me list some of the features of this one.
1. Dual camera (I've installed only one and the other I'll do so after sometime). The 2nd cam can be mounted per one's wish, but usually people would have the 2nd one as a reverse facing one.
2. HD (720p) recording of both streams, with audio. Low light recording is fairly ok. You have a choice of recording the clips in a series of either 2 minute or 5 min slots.
3. PIP - Picture-in-picture - to show both the streams at once on the screen.
4. Lithium battery that gets charged by the 12v output. Can be run for 5 to 10 minutes without the 12v charging power as handheld, too.
5. Can take still pictures as well.
6. Motion sensor - park with this feature and it takes snapshots when something (or someone) in front of the cam moves. This does drain the battery, though!
7. Has a slot for micro-SD card (upto 32GB, Class 6 or better).
8. Looped recording - if the memory card is full, it automatically deletes the oldest to add new.
9. In the event of a crash (sudden jerking) it can save the last 10sec and the next 10sec into a locked file. The idea is that this can then be "tamper-proof" and be used as evidence. The file cannot be deleted in the normal way, you'll need to format the whole card to remove it.
10. And the best for the last, it auto records. So, when you turn the ignition key on, the cam starts automatically recording.
I got this from eBay - HD 720P Dual Video Camcorder CAR DVR Separate Front Rear Camera TV AV OUT | eBay
I also found this link
that gives some info on the features.
Hope that this helps.