Tata Zest XT Revotron - My New Family Member

Thread Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

This is first post, so please excuse me if I have done any unintended mistakes. Let me know if you want me to review any specific things. I have tried to cover things that came to my mind.

I always had the Zest to buy a Inidan car. So I had only two options. Mahindra and Tata. Mahindra does not have a good mid size car as they are very well specializeed in SUV's. I did not consider Maruti, reason being its 51% Inidan. Remaining 49% is Suzuki. So Tata was the lone ranger in my list. Right from 2008, when Tata launched Manza and Vista, I had a belief that Tata would come up with new cars in near future that would be good on Quality and looks. I had a great inclination on Nano for its marvelous engineering and the space it offers. But had very much of resistance from my familiy. As everyone tells, whatever happens is for good, same happenned with me. Around 2012 - 2013, I came across in the internet, that Tata is testing Falcon-4 and Falcon-5. Again I woke up, started following this test car. Finally when they launched both the Zest and Bolt in Auto Expo Delhi, I was very proud of TATA for getting such a beutiful design elements on their car. Many of my friends were shocked to see such a car by TATA. This time I had made up my mind that I am going to buy this and would not listen to anyone. On July 26th, 2014 Tata had called all the motor experts to Goa to test the vehicle, and every reviewer gave this car a big thumbs up in terms of Quality of the material used, Ergonomics, Drivability and Handling. My urge to buy was getting stronger and stronger every day by looking into the expert reviews. Upon the launch into the market on Aug 12th, I waiting for few days to see how the colors look. I wanted to check them physically as the Images released by TML were all animated one's. Initially had thought of going to Grey, but my wife started liking Blue when she a Blue Zest on the road. Then everything was finalised. We finaled to book the Zest XT petrol. Before the booking, I test drove both Petrol and diesel and was amazed to see how low the NVH was in both the cars.

All I had heard till now was that Tata does not care for customers as if they dont want to sell their cars. But I had a completely different experience. Right from the time I went to the showroom for the first time, I was well recieved there. Everytime I was offered a tea/coffee (feels good). The representatives were very friendly and always approachable. They explained me the features of the car very patiently. When I went for the test drive there were so many people waiting for the test drive, I had to wait for more than an hour to wait for my turn. Many thanks to my SA Mallikarjun, who briefed me though every features of car. Finally, I booked the car on 1st Oct, at Concorde motors, Dairy circle, Bengaluru.

I wanted the vehicle a bit quickly, so asked my SA, Satish(Incharge of Zest) and the territory manager Amir, to get me the vehicle at the earliest. But nothing was happenning as the production was on a slower side from TML itself. In the mean while, all the banking procedures were completed. I informed the guys that I would go for outside insurance, for which they immediately agreed. They dint force me to go with the insurance from them which was Oriental India Insurance. On 14th Nov, I did the PDI of the vehicle, and found everything to be fine and gave him the go ahead. I had noticed two changes in the car already which TML had changed by taking the feed back from the customers in 2 months after the launch. One was they replaced the Beige door fabric with the Grey one. Beige was bound to get dirtier on use. Second was they replaced the 8 Spoke alloy of the Top variant with the 18th Spoke. Here I felt that TML is taking the customer advise very seriously and implementing them very faster. I also informed my SA that I would want them to fit the Body protectors and bumper protectors before the delivery itself and was taken care of.

On the delivery day i.e. 16th Nov, I went with my parents and my cousin brother to take the delivery at sharp 9 in the morning, and the SA was waiting for me. He had got all the documents ready with him. Within 30 min, we finished all formalities and went to the delivery bay to see our New member of the family. All of us were very exited. Did another inspection and the SA explained us the features. Got a 5 lt petrol coupon. Now the Zest was all mine. First car of my life.

Till now I have driven 200 kms. 50% in Peak Bangalore traffic and 50% in normal traffic.

NVH is very less. Sometimes I need to look at the RPM Meter to check if engine is on, when standing or moving in traffic.
Quality of plastics used are good and the piano black inserts and the chrome linings around AC vents give a royal feel inside the car.
Clutch is very light and this makes driving very easy in Bengaluru's traffic.
E-PAS Steering is small and light. Gets heavier with speed which helps in better handling.
Harman Infotainment system, takes the compitition to the next level. Sound system is too good. People spend a lot to get such sould quality by aftermarket fitments, but TML with Harman has given a very high quality speakers(8 speakers).
Both the front and rear seats are well cushioned. 3 people can easily sit in the rear seat comfortably.
Good rear leg room.
Driving Modes : ECO surely saves your fuel, by lowering the power delivery. Sports will give a new rush to your engine as soon as you press the Sports button. This can be well experienced by keeping your vehicle in 2nd gear at 2000 RPM in ECO mode. Then just activate the Sports mode and you will feel the push.
AC cooling is very quick. Quickly cools the entire cabin.
Seats are comfortable.

Dislikes:
None so far. Will update as soon as I feel something is not good.

The vehicle has a very goog road presence. Its makes people to have a second look. On the day when i took the delivery, when I was in a signal standing, a person from Hyundai Grand i10 started looking at the vehicle and was amazed. He then asked me on much it costed and few things. This made me feel very happy that people are giving a second look for the TATA cars.

I want to make a special mention of the Harman system here. The sound output is unbeleivable. Touch screen is resistive one. So sometimes needs a hard touch. You can receive/disconnect the call by a touch, change the radio channels, control every function of the AC, change the settings and do many more things using the touch screen. One more top notch feature is the voice commands. you can control AC temperature, fan speed, change radio channels, change the songs that is being played on, you can call your contact without even touching your phone by just voice commands. Many more features are there in the infotainment system. Truely Amazing system.

Overall, I am very happy with the car and prund to have taken the car from an Indian Brand TATA. I can proudly say that I am fullt Zestified with my Zest XT revotron.

All the pics that I have taken are more than 1 MB. Will try to get down the size and will upload them shortly

Let me be the first person to congratulate you. Wish you a long uninterrupted life with the Zest. The car is truly amazing. It is good to know that Tata Motors now taking customer services seriously. Lets hope best for the after sales service. In fact I am going to book mine XMS today. Please share the photographs and your initial mileage figures in city and highway limits.

Congrats Kiran !!!!
Happy and safe driving...
Can you share me which company you have taken insurance can you give some inputs ?

Congrats for the Zest [clap]. Do you feel any difference with respect to steering feedback on Eco and Sport Mode ? Good to know that your zest came with new Alloys [;)]. Has TML officially fixed the mud issue ? What was the waiting period ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Congrats Kiran.

Nice colour selection. I also saw the Blue Zest on my hand during their promotional activity in Hyderabad. The blue Zest is becoming an eye turner on roads. Happy & Safe mile munching.

Congratulations on your new possession Kiran. I wish you loads of trouble free miles ahead.
Keep revving.

You can take a look at faststone image viewer for converting/resizing all your photos at one go. I loved the 18 spoke alloy design, but the SA was hesitant to change when I booked.

Congrats on your Zesty Zest Kiranji!
It's raining Zests in TAI! Atleast one each week!
Great car, great choice.
Share pics soon. Fasten your seat-belts, even rear passengers and drive safe.
Wishing million miles! [clap]

Thread Starter #9
Congrats Kiran !!!!
Happy and safe driving...
Can you share me which company you have taken insurance can you give some inputs ?
I have taken the insurance from royal sundaram. Bumper to bumper insurance. Tml was going with oriental and they were willing to give the b2b at 26k. But i got it done at 22k

Congrats for the Zest [clap]. Do you feel any difference with respect to steering feedback on Eco and Sport Mode ? Good to know that your zest came with new Alloys [;)]. Has TML officially fixed the mud issue ? What was the waiting period ?

Thanks
Steering is very light usually. But at higher speeds it's weight increases. It's nothing to do with modes.

Regarding the mud issue, showroom guys told me that I would be getting call from them as soon as they have the resolution.

I had to wait for exactly 45 days to get the vehicle in my hands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steering is very light usually. But at higher speeds it's weight increases. It's nothing to do with modes.

Regarding the mud issue, showroom guys told me that I would be getting call from them as soon as they have the resolution.

I had to wait for exactly 45 days to get the vehicle in my hands.
Hi Kiran - many congrats !! [clap] Wish you many happy miles with zest.

Pls keep us posted on mud-engine-bay fix progress by your showroom.

it looks like 45 days is the norm !! waiting for my xms [:)]

Thread Starter #13
Hello Guys,

Pics as promised. Will take a few more when I go on the outskirts of Bengaluru.

Attachments

pics are awesome ! specially the last one! thanks for sharing. [clap]

from where you got this car cover ? how much it costs ?

have you opted for any accessories ? if yes, how much you paid ?l

Top Bottom