Maruti Suzuki Ciaz ZDI: Our First Diesel Sedan

Thread Starter #1
It all started with a call from the Maruti from whom we had bought a Maruti Wagon R in 2007 inquiring if we wanted to exchange the car for a new vehicle.
A thought came to our(Me and my dad) mind to exchange our aging Chevrolet Aveo which was a good car to drive but a task to maintain.
So we asked if they are ready to exchange then we would buy a new car from them.The executive readily accepted and arranged an evaluation of the promptly.

During the process we decided to buy their upcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz in diesel variant.ZDI variant was chosen considering it would come fully loaded.The ZDI+ variant was not considered due to the fact that it would come with leather upholstery and I didn't want the beige colored seat.They are truly a pain to maintain .

Why Ciaz and not other cars in the segment???
Answer:1)Old car being chevrolet very less exchange opportunities.
2)Waiting period for other cars which were in our expectations.(Honda city and Hyundai verna 1.6)
3)Maruti showroom and service center is in close proximity(1.5kms from our house).
4)Genuine parts of maruti are available outside through Authorized maruti Distributor .
5)Multiple choice of dealers for service in-case I don't like any one dealers (There are 3 here)
6)Tried and tested engine(though same engine in multiple variants).
7)Mileage highes in segment.
8)My dad wanted a new Vehicle in the block (I had got the topic of Hyundai verna 1.6 saying it has better power then Ciaz post booking .but dad said he wants Ciaz)
9)He had watched Good reviews about the car on news/bussiness channels.
10)Easy to maintain

Coming back to the buying experience.
Post evaluation and deciding model the color Dignity Brown was chosen and booking amount was paid.The car got launched a week later on 7th october 2014(Right it got launched in Goa little late as they were not getting chief guest as told to me [lol] )
I was told initially that the vehicle would get delivered in 2-3 months.

1st November:I was given a call by the executive and told about car in transit and asked to make payment and documents for registration etc.Met him same day and took vehicle chassis number and engine number and transit details and told him till I dont check the vehicle not to bill it on my name as sometimes vehicles get damaged in transit.

3rd November :Finished with all payments and opted for floor mats .

p.s. No test drive was arranged nor were we interested in any test drive either

7th November:I work close to where the dealer has a yard where the transit reaches and so keeping interactions with the yard people vehicle arrived on Friday 7th November.Went to the yard with a friend and we did our PDi before the PDI could be done from the dealer people as it was in queue .All checks of informed the executive that vehicle is reached and all ok so proceed with remaining formalities.The RTO inspection was done of the vehicle same evening.

8th November :Since there was come confusion regarding documents they wanted etc we decided to get our registration done ourself.RTO papers not yet arrived and expected on monday.Insurance formalities were done on same day and vehicle is insured from 8th November.

10th November:RTO papers arrived late Evening.

11th November:Registration done in morning by ourself and got delivery by 12 noon.

The dealer didn't give any discount or free matting's or any sort of exchange bonus since it was a new launch and vehicles getting out of stock.Same tradition followed by any dealer.

Since it was our first diesel vehicle we felt it really smooth compared to our previous petrol sedan.Ac cools pretty fast.

Now the review part post buying and about the car.
The car is really smooth and hardly any noise can be heard inside the car when ac is on.Also the NVH is low such that its tough to tell if the car engine is on.The Start Stop button is a boon.Keyless entry and keyless Start is something which is very much appreciated.

Locking device review
Just keep the locking device in pocket and approach the car and there's a button on the car front door handles.press to lock or unlock. similar button on the boot.

Engine review
Engine is really smooth and power starts building up after 1400rpm gradually. 1650-1700 rpm and it starts pulling suddenly .The turbo pull is really addictive [evil].

Interior Review

The AC need not be mentioned again though need to mention it comes with rear vents for the passengers and the throw is sufficient.The rear AC accomadation doesnt affect the legroom space much.Rear seats have really spacious legroom just like Nissan Sunny.There are plenty of light to illuminate it from inside.One each near read safety hanles on top.
one red illumations in front below dashboard.One where usb slot is and 2 near the IRVM.
The black part of dashboard looks really nice like leather ,but its just plastic.
Ciaz has a centre armrest between the front two seats .But its hardly usefull.its really small or too much behind[roll]

Safety
The car comes with dual airbags and ABS.

Exterior
The ZDI comes with 15 inch alloys and 185 65 R15 tyres from MRF zvtv.Spare tyre is as steel wheel.
The fog lamps are just accessory from inside the car the fog lamps on dont make any difference thanks to the height of the car.

Drive-ability
The car is easy to drive in traffic in 2nd gear.only stop traffic makes to shift to 1st else crawling traffic can be manged in 2nd gear.

Pictures Attached.
Any questions or queries please feel free to post.

Attachments

heatiest congratulations on your new buy
The car looks really very good and happy millions of miles with your ciaz truly a delight..

Congratulations schimulkar for a new shiny car! Ciaz indeed as sweet looking car. Looks very premium and its a maruti! [clap] Wishing you millions of happy miles with the beauty!

Congrats on your new Ciaz![clap]
The car looks great in the Brown color.
The pics are great too. Wishing thousands of happy and safe MultiJet-ing! [;)]
Fasten your seatbelts and enjoy.

Many congratulations on your chocolate ciaz, looks superb in this shade.
Wish you many happy miles with it.
Whats the on road price you paid for zdi variant and how much was the offer for your exchange aveo from the dealer do share.

Thread Starter #8
Latest update on mileage of first 440 kms and 26ltrs of diesel exact.
Got a mileage of 16.9kms/ltr [clap].
The above mileage was achieved with AC always on and driving in range of max 2.5 rpm [:D].The car goes close to 90km/hr @ 2000 rpm in 5th gear.
Driving was city 70% and outside city 30%.Goa doesnt have highway drives.And currently due to tourist season vehicles are a lot on road[frustration].

Overall very happy with our car.

Many congratulations on your chocolate ciaz, looks superb in this shade.
Wish you many happy miles with it.
Whats the on road price you paid for zdi variant and how much was the offer for your exchange aveo from the dealer do share.
Thanks vijay.
Regarding exchange price got exact Rupees 1 lakh for it.It had just touched 50k mark.
We didn't have the patience to sell it our self in market. So the dealer made good bucks on it i feel.
Regarding on-road price you it would be different in your state.

Latest update on mileage of first 440 kms and 26ltrs of diesel exact.
Got a mileage of 16.9kms/ltr .
The above mileage was achieved with AC always on and driving in range of max 2.5 rpm.The car goes close to 90km/hr @ 2000 rpm in 5th gear.
Driving was city 70% and outside city 30%.Goa doesnt have highway drives.And currently due to tourist season vehicles are a lot on road.

Overall very happy with our car.
mistake updated
The above mileage was achieved with AC always on and driving in range of max 2.5K rpm

Last edited by a moderator:
That is such a beauty [cheers]

That shade you own is pretty much gorgeous combination with the projector headlamps.

That is surely one hot looking car [;)]

Do share your observations and keep the thread interesting !!

Congrats for your beauty [:)], 16.9 kmpl is good mileage, do post some more pics.

Wish you millions of happy and trouble free miles.

Congrats schimulkar on new brown beauty. I wonder how the Brown colour becomes so popular on indian roads (I own Brown Honda City).

Wish you a happy & safe miles ahead. [drive]

Congratulations schimulkar. The "Made for Maruti" MultiJet will bring miles after miles of endless smiles. May God bless You and your Family to associate plenty of wonderful memories with your new car. The polythene sheets spoil the show. Pls get rid of them ASAP.

Congratulations schimulkar on your new buy. The car looks attractive in brown color. Wish you many happy miles with the car.

Please keep updating the thread with the car performance, mileage etc. The alloy wheels look very attractive

Thread Starter #15
Congrats schimulkar on new brown beauty. I wonder how the Brown color becomes so popular on Indian roads (I own Brown Honda City).

Wish you a happy & safe miles ahead. [drive]
Thanks Gandhi .
My main reason going for brown was Grey was too common Black is good but once swirls come its pain for the eyes .White invites stains on lower front door below front door(worst during rains) and read end of bumpers.

Trust me they are pain to clean them and very much noticeable.I am saying by experience as I also own a White Wagon R.

So Between maroon and brown Brown won as it looked fresher than Maroon to us.

Congratulations schimulkar. The "Made for Maruti" MultiJet will bring miles after miles of endless smiles. May God bless You and your Family to associate plenty of wonderful memories with your new car. The polythene sheets spoil the show. Pls get rid of them ASAP.
Thanks Vijay.
The polythene sheets really spoil the show.But the pics were take on the same day and next day of delivery.

I had initially opted for their black seat covers.But I wasn't much satisfied by the fit and finish of the product.I am planning for custom made seat covers soon.

Updates on the same would follow Soon.

Top Bottom