Reached 10k km.
Still a looker. Bad News:
The 10k km service.
Liquid Gun 15W50 x 2.5 L - ₹ 772.50
Oil Filter with O-Ring Kit - ₹ 93.00
Clutch Cable - ₹ 97.00
Platinum Spark Plug - ₹ 400.00
Throttle Cable Set - ₹ 450.00
Breather Pipe - ₹ 74.00
General Service - ₹ 575.00
Fuel Tank Cleaning - ₹ 575.00
Clutch Cable Replacement - ₹ 230.00
Brake Cleaning - ₹ 460.00
Throttle Cable Replacement - ₹ 230.00
Exhaust Rocker Arm Oil Leak Fix - ₹ 115.00
Totalling - ₹4071.50
Just a reminder bike just ~10k km and 1.75 years old at time of service.
1. All cables changed on our request, only extra job on the paid service. According to the SA this was the 10k km paid service works and normal rates. No document to show these are to be done. Sent the bill to RE Factory Shop in Cochin. They said brake cleaning and tank cleaning are only per customer request. Spark plug got more life. Totaling Rs. 1500 ripped off. Even my Kinetic tank never required cleaning in 25 years. 460 for changing 2 cables (2+1) also rather high considering the easiness of job. KTM charges only 200 for the job. God knows even if the brake was touched.
2. All these jobs written on card without even riding or even starting the bike.
3. Chain not lubed even after this rip off.
4. Petrol overflow pipe missing. Rain water was dribbling over hot engine. What if it was petrol?
5. Half-hearted washing. Muck in under part of bike. Grim in chain. Exhaust was all dirt.
6. Oil leaks. Generously applied gasket maker all over the bike. Peeled off in a week, now vapour formation at same places.
7. Loud tappet noise, which they never bothered to address.
8. Breather pipe was replaced, but the adjacent pipe was terribly cracked, which they never bothered to replace. SA promised to call after inspecting, but he never did.
9. Best part. ****** SA kept cranking the bike in half throttle. It wont start even with slightest throttle. No throttle needed for starting the FI bike. Dumb guy had no knowledge on this. After managing to start, he put gear without applying full clutch. It stalled with a big grind and sound
Lost my cool, took bike and left. No point complaining with the manager. That point decided to write RE with all present past experience (No use though). Won't give bike there anymore.
Saw another GT owner's post in FB of his bike with dealer caught on speed cam. An inquiry with friends working nearby confirmed customer bikes are abused. Going for joyrides, showoffs, lunch, tea, going home whatever. Had a fight during one of the previous services about huge difference in odo after leaving the bike there for a day.
False promises. Delayed delivery time. Attending the bike only when we go there to pick the bike even when we gave the bike first in the morning. My tokens never went beyond 3 all these times. But bike attended only after all their favorite customer's bikes are attended. Reason cited was no bay empty.
Again, parts ordered before 6 times and for 1 and half years, no sign. 2 Lakh bike had the PVC pipe jugaad and RTR bar end weights.
Finally, the scam. Privilege card. Free washes, discount on labor, spares, accessories, etc, etc plus free road side assistance is what promised. SA canvased us into taking this at a nominal cost of 500 rs. 1 year validity. When tried to redeem it, simply said its not valid, they stopped it. After raising voice, gave 250 rs refund. I said I will sue this for sure. Had validity till November, cancelled in July.
Only because of this card, I rode 20+20 km, taking half day leave. New better dealer has come up near home and is just 5 km away.
(After all these ordeal, they were asking me to take their new previlage card for 800 bucks, which offered even more. Morons)
Contacted other RE friends who are servicing there and they also said quality deteriorated very much and they are only interested in ripping customers.
Poked all these and wrote a jumbo mail to RE. Showroom manager keen to talk with me. Parts ordered and promised in 7 days. Rest of the matter will be discussed when I go to pick the spares.
GT is now with BIL's brother and will be taken to Roorkee for 2 years. That was the prime reason for servicing. Now it needs another service to fix up the leak and tappet noise before shipping. No more ASC. Friendly neighborhood mechanic next time.