Originally Posted by martand_d
Hello guys, My Xcent just completed 10,000 Km. mark. I am having an issue regarding mileage of the vehicle. I use my car only on highways with full time AC on, with these conditions I am getting FE of 16-17, which I guess is a bit too low. I always drove my vehicle below the mark of 100 km/ph. Is there anything I should do to increase FE of my vehicle, please help me out guys.
Guess your vehicle is diesel. In that case, 16-17 is a bit low, but there are lot of factors which might be the reason.
1. Load or No of passengers
2. Way one drive. Occasional acceleration burst will reduce the mileage to great extent
3. Anything north of 80-90, you will get low mileage. Our Xylo, if driven @ 80-90 will give consistent 15-16, but the moment it touches 100+, it drops to 11-12!
4. Less tyre pressure might be a reason too!
What you can do to improve it?
1. Try drive at 80-90 band with no sudden acceleration.
2. Check mileage with different no of passengers.
3. Use reputed petrol pumps!
4. Check Tyre Pressure.