My Sincere apologize that I did not post my PART – II, This is due to my travel outside India for several months.
Since I am back to India, seriously thought to continue PART – II to share my experience.
I drove 9000+ KM in 6 months (but couple of months the car was in idle at home)
I have to keep the car in idle the car for couple of months due to my sudden travel to US.
So I followed few things to make sure the car is in safe condition.
1. Washed the car completely inside/outside.
2. Filled the diesel in fuel tank.
3. Tires are inflated to 37 points in 4 tires.
4. Removed the negative line from the battery after parked the car in safe place.
5. Locked the car manually with keys in front two doors.
6. Covered the car with body cover.
When I was in US, my wife gave birth to our first child, so I was excited to see her, hence I had to prepone my return journey
and reached on 28th Feb, as soon as I reached India, I have to start long drive from Hyderabad to Coimbatore because I carried
60KG weight which is not allowed in domestic flight to Coimbatore, so I asked my in-law to accompany me to drive down to home
town. He graciously accepted my request and as soon as I reached India, I began my first long drive in Ertiga. I drove all night to
reach Coimbatore. The car was in awesome condition after two months in idle state and just started in one crank (may be it is
still new car!). So I did Hyderabad-Coimbatore-Hyderabad trip comes around 2300KM in two months idle car. The journey was very
comfortable except the tire noise; oh, the tire noise is damn hell, I felt I want to change the tire immediately but financial constraint
made to me to think twice changing the tire.
The car is pretty good for highway cruising 120 kmph but the tire noise is high. You cannot drive beyond 120KM and the engine and
tire noise gets into cabin and you will not be comfortable to drive unless you are enthusiasts to drive in high speed. We had few bio-breaks
to relax and felt the car is good for highway cruising. Never felt underpowered on highways, but not WOW either. The brake is adequate
but I don’t feel the ABS
is that strong in Maruti vehicles for some reasons. I am comfortable with Honda, Toyota ABS
that stops the
car immediately but Maruti ABS
seems not that great (This is my experience with Maruti vs Honda vs Toyota). The space is good in Ertiga
and suspension does it job very well to keep the passenger comfortable. The 2nd row seat is comfortable for aged persons to sit
and the feedback from age people is positive.
City drive is easy except working gears all the time. You feel the Ertiga is easy to drive in city even though the size is considerably bigger.
Ertiga cabin filters city traffic noise and gives you peace in side the cabin.
My feedback after 10,000 KM driven in this car: Pros:
1. Comfortable front and rear seats while highway cruising.
2. You can cruise 100+ without stress
3. Auto roll down window driver side is very useful in tolls when I drove.
4. You never feel the car is underpowered
5. Tall seating positions helps to get the good view around the driver.
6. Carry good amount luggage folding 3rd row seat, I carried two international traveller suit case and huge bag which is about 3 feet height
and two feet length and one cabin baggage.
7. 7 -seater but configurable, todays Market this is cheaper 7 seater MPV
8. Driving experience is like a car, you don’t really feel it as MPV
9. Price tag when I bought ZDI on-road Rs.9,99,640. Cons:
1. Engine needs bit more relaxation; DDIS Diesel engine 1.5ltr could have been better for this.
2. ACC, one touch for all windows missing
3. Headlamp is pathetic; I wish to change to Philips ASAP
. No use while driving in highway. Must be careful.
4. Keep working with gears in city drive
5. Reverse Cam or Sensor could have been better for this vehicle.
6. Cruise control is absolutely missing; this would have helped a lot while driving on highways.
7. Ertiga front design is bit chaotic but rear is well designed.
8. Diesel capacity should have 50ltr
9. If third row folded down then you get no space for legroom in second row.
10. Engine and tire noise put together it louds while I drive > 90+ KMPH, I felt this two should have been taken care by Maruti.
The body of the vehicle is pretty much compact, when I parked Ertiga next to Rapid or Vento the size is almost the same (in realty it is
smaller than those two vehicles) but inside you feel you have enough space in Ertiga but I did not feel the same in Rapid and Vento
(because boot swallow more space). Ertiga compact body helps to drive this vehicle in City easily and long wheelbase helps to sit comfortably
in long drive. Plastics quality is not great but acceptable. I don’t find any niggles in the car till today except very minor noise at times in
front left door.
In my hometown, it happened to travel with 7-8 people on board in Ertiga for 40Km one way, while we travelled I felt the Ertiga body
is not stable, you know that you are carrying heavy load. The brake was not even adequate beyond 70KM speed on highway. So if there
are more passengers in the car, better be careful. The suspension is totally flat and when I hit pothole, shock transferred into the cabin,
then I slowed the car to drive < 60KM.
Few shots when the car was brand new :-
Side View looks good.