Hello Guyz !!!
This is my First Post on this informative forum. I am very thankful to The Automotive India & its members for shareing their experiences / views.
NOTE : This review is in my personal opinion.
Let me sum up my JOURNEY :
I am basically working at Navi Mumbai but due to Document Proof problem, I preferred to buy the car from my native i.e NAGPUR.
I started looking for petrol sedan since April 2013. Shortlisted cars were Honda City, Verna & SX4. Being Maruti loyalist since childhood, In July / August 2013 saw spy images of Maruti YL1 & since then was following every update regarding the same. In Nov 2013 new CITY was launched & I was blown by its beauty. When price list came, SV varient was approx 9.97 lac on road in Nagpur which was above my budget. Hence decided to wait for YL1. Finally SX4 production stalled in May 2014 & again I was immensely waiting for updates from Maruti on YL1.
Final shortlisted Cars :
1. Verna 1.4 VTVT
2. CITY -I Vtech E MT
3. CIAZ ( Variants Unknown)
Although CITY is undoubtly King of Sedans, only due to price constraint / budget (Max 9 Lac) , I decided to continue the legacy of Maruti Suzuki. Finally after seeing production ready photographs of CIAZ at Gurgaon Factory on this Forum, booked CIAZ PETROL on 2nd September 2014 at SEVA Nagpur (Day before official booking started). The Sales team was very co-operative & helpful. On 10th October, I got a confirmation call regarding Final varient & Color. I confirmed Vxi+ Silver Color option to dealer.
I was at Nagpur for Diwali vacations & reached there on 19th Nov 2014. On 20th October Morning, dealer called me & said that they have Vxi+ White Color which was unloaded by the container last night & I can Opt the same, as I made the booking first. I wanted Silver color but didnt wanted to leave the MAHURAT of DHANTERAS. Hence immediately went to their stock yard at WADI with my Father, Brother & confirmed the car.
Finally got my Petrol Ciaz (White Color) delived at Nagpur on ocassion of Dhanteras i.e on 21st October 2014, with blessings of my parents & my dear elder brother
1. MARUTI SUZUKI (This is car from Maruti after using OMNI E 1997, Zen Vx 2002, Wagon R Vxi 2004, M-800 AC 2005, Ritz Vxi 2010 - All cars from same dealer "SEVA")
2. Pertol Engine is not at all underpowered. (This was my apprehension since there was NO Petrol Test Drive Vehicle)
3. Average displayed is 18.1 KM/PL on Highway, City 17.2 KM/PL
4. Very Very Very Spacious & Comfortable (Did drive from Nagpur to Mumbai in 16 Hrs Non-Stop)
5. Good Audio System
6. Braking is Good & Sufficient
7. Auto AC is Super Coooool & Rear AC vent is a boon
7. I personally liked the LOOKS of car & Loved the front CHROME Grill. I always liked Plain & Symmetric Design like Esteem, Old Fiesta, Vento.
1. Although NOT annoying, the Engiene is NOT super silent like Honda City / Verna (Petrol)
2. Reflectors encased in rear bumpers. The treatment should have been more subtle IMO
1. Floor Mats
2. Sporty ACB - Padels
I am completed satisfied by my desicion for Opting CIAZ Vxi + instead of Honda City E MT & car is super smooth.
I got many features in CIAZ Vxi+ compared to City E-MT (Can refer brochures on respective Maruti & Honda official websites)
City E-MT : Plastic Front Grill, Front Centre Antenna, Black Door Handles & OVRMS, No Keyless Entry, No rear AC Vents, No Rear De-fogger, No Music System, No mirror in passenger side sun visor, No Parking Sensors, No Front Armrest, Interior of EMT was Plain & Black
Here are the pics - Self Explanatory