TVS Jupiter: Floating Planet Drives Down Here!

Thread Starter #1
With having bajaj pulsar and tvs wego as rides, things were going on smoothly for our needs on two wheelers.
But with few accidents this year where got hurt badly on my cervica and was under neck collar and arm supports for over a month, things started changing for riding bike for longer runs.
Also with heavy downpours this season of rains, was stuck in water above 4 feets with pulsar and it started making few issues with bike as well.
Sticked to my bike for almost these ten months after that accident in january but finally after docs constant advices and family pressure i had to change my ride and get a scooter.
I know comfort of bike and over all the pleasure of riding that machine would be miss but when you have to you have to.
Got a buyer for my bike and sold it as keeping it idle at back home was not making sense with few issues croping up as well with that bike.Went out to see activa, access and juipiter.
Honda Activa:
My cousin owns two activa so had driven his ride on few occassions, went to get the price quotation and delivery dates,price was higher then the juipiter as well as i was not feeling that comfortable with the leg space as compated to what i felt on juipiter.Secondly delivery though i have a friend who owns both honda as well as tvs dealerships but usual reports were month waitlist for activa 110cc and 3 months for 125.
125cc was pricier touching almost 75k for discbrake variant, plus the height felt shorter then the sibling activa.FE was lower compared to current ride and also heard from the SA that there are few issues coming up from owners taking the startup motor of new activa 125.So activa siblings were dropped out.
Suzuki access:
Had never driven this scooter nor anyone owns this in my friends relatives circles so went to the showroom to check this one out.No TD vehicle was available and the leg space, height was more cramped compared to activa, Height i felt was shorter for me, knees were almost touching the front body near handlebars,
rejected it right there.This i checked with the dislpay scooter at the showroom.
Tvs Juipiter
We already own one tvs back home and never had any issues with the ride, FE was constant as was told for.Its new wego as my son says, bigger and larger then wego.
This clicked the parameters with comfort i wanted, better leg space in front, my full size helmet i was able to get it fit in the under seat storage compartment, they had telescopic suspension which activa and access were lacking so better comfort ride then them available, looked fresh and new blackened alloy wheels looked nice as well.
This was the cheapest of all the rides i checked and found it perfect to buy.
Matt grey we thought should opt for that shade, its new different and the most shade seen on road for juipiter.But then its a fingerprint magnet, same evening while returning back saw two same shades on road and it looked very much in dust uncleaned so was rejected.
That night kids saw silver one on road and they loved it so decideded to go for this shade.Saw the shade on net with silver grab handle at rear, all black alloys with black mattings, plastics this looked superb.
Next evening went at the dealership near to my home and asked for the silver.
The reply was that sir we just booked the silver one piece we had and giving the delivery morrow morning, would take time for this shade[frustration].
Asked them if they can arrange for another silver i am ready to book and pay right now, after few calls they confirmed me one silver which they can deliver next day.
Paid them 2k as the booking amount and they were okay for the remaining amount tobe paid on the delivery time.
So flying planet brought to drive down road.[;)]

Mods can share the pictures i shared on the tvs juipiter threads to here on my ownership thread. I am unable to post them on this thread.

sharing some pictures of the silver,new wego..lol

Here are few of the shots i took.Sorry for the quality as taken by my cellphone.
Tow hook on the front side,and its foldable
IMAG0267.jpg

IMAG0268.jpg

Another hook beneath the seat, which is foldable and movable

IMAG0269.jpg

IMAG0270.jpg

Key hole with shutter closable.
IMAG0271.jpg

Storage compartment beneath the seat, my full size helmet fits in easily
IMAG0272.jpg

flash lights operatable switch, like bikes, my wego doesnt have this.
IMAG0273.jpg

Two modes given for better FE, would move onto power once accelerator is zoomed pass 55kmph, also this would blink constantly if the vehicle is kept idling with engine on above 50 secs
IMAG0275.jpg

Tyre pressure sticker below the front hook body.
IMAG0277.jpg
this is the compulsory accessory tobe purchased from dealer, foot rest.

IMAG0278.jpg

Attachments

Re: Floating planet drives down here, Juipiter!

Let me be the First to congratulate!

CONGRATULATIONS for your new ride - TVS Jupiter!
Wishing you a million happy miles.

We bought our Wego last week and I envy the features that the Jupiter has which the Wego lacks. Example: Pass light, dual hooks, big storage compartment, etc etc.

You missed an important thing: Price Break-up!

Thread Starter #3
Re: Floating Planet Drives Down Here: Juipiter!

RSVB, thankyou for your wishes.
Price breakup give me a days time would give u all the details but it costed me on road 55k nett inclusive of accessories, extended warrranty, regular insurance as i did not opted for zero dept one.55200 something was the final cost on which i paid nett 55k and above was waived off.

Thread Starter #4

Under seat storage compartment has the space to fit charging socket as was in wego as part of accessory from dealership.
Also the fuse clip.
Sharing few images.

Attachments

Thread Starter #5

RVSB, here is the price breakup as you asked for juipiter.

46839/- Ex showroom
3205/- RTO
1450/- Insurance
1080/- Corporation
726/- Extended warranty,
1700/- Accessories

55000/- On road price of Juipiter.

Hi Vijay,
nice in depth review, except for the crash guards, your jupiter looks tempting, what is your opinion on the 2 new colors, especially the matt beige?

did you TD the Gusto? if so what is your view on the same.

regards
vinod

Thread Starter #7

Vinod thankyou for your wishes.
No i havent driven gusto but have seen on road and it sure does looks smaller as i shared on the gusto thread, its smaller by height as well as length.
Mattbeige and grey two new shades in matt finish i somehow didnt liked it much.Felt fingreprint magnets and dust magnet too.
The routine paints you can cleanup with a cloth and wipe off dust but matt ones you need to wash it or atleast with wet cloth.somehow ddnt impressed me.

Congrats on new purchase. Jupiter is more gentle on potholes and speed breakers and as you had some issue with health it is more comfortable than activa. Good choice.
I'm glad TVS has rectified the power and economy switch to proper way. In Scooty pep+ when you accelarate red light turn on and if you leave the accelator the green light come on. We used to call it the idiot swtich light as it made no sense.

Hi,
Congratulations on your New TVS Jupiter. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.

I'm glad TVS has rectified the power and economy switch to proper way. In Scooty pep+ when you accelarate red light turn on and if you leave the accelator the green light come on. We used to call it the idiot swtich light as it made no sense.
Yes, Even if the engine is not running in Pep+ , If we turn the accelerator above half, the orange light will glow!

Even they put the rectified econometer in the new model Wego that I bought.

If sudden acceleration is detected and if the engine speed (rev) is higher than normal, the orange light will glow and if idling more than 120 secs, the orange light will blink. In running period, the orange light will blink after 50 secs.

Thread Starter #11

Congrats on new purchase. Jupiter is more gentle on potholes and speed breakers and as you had some issue with health it is more comfortable than activa. Good choice.
Thankyou for your wishes.Yes juipiter feels comfortable and seems the right choice that i brought it.

Hi,
Congratulations on your New TVS Jupiter. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.
Thankyou sir for your wishes.
Yes, Even if the engine is not running in Pep+ , If we turn the accelerator above half, the orange light will glow!

Even they put the rectified econometer in the new model Wego that I bought.

If sudden acceleration is detected and if the engine speed (rev) is higher than normal, the orange light will glow and if idling more than 120 secs, the orange light will blink. In running period, the orange light will blink after 50 secs.
Yes they have changed and rectified the econometer in new wego as well.

My cousing also booked juipiter in kolkatta, and surprisingly they are not having any other shade then black on shipment,so he booked black.
the onroad pricing he paid was 60k and something.Taxes and registerations are higher over there.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12

First scratch and dent on the front of juipiter.Happened last night while returning back home, where an auto rickshaw tried to cut off to turn right side and came between bus and me and another two wheeler, activa.
He turned so sharply that even braking hard, front got into his rear steel guard and made this dent and same happened with activa.
Before we could catch he took turn and went off.[frustration]

Attachments

Thread Starter #13

I wanted some extra coushioning on my juipiter so went to my same seat guy who did seats on my pulsar,apache, eterno all two wheelers.
got the extra foam and seat cover from them.
Two extra hooks underneath the seat,used for extra pair of helmets kept hanging with locked buttons inside seat.
IMAG0284.jpg
The textured material i choosed to get the seat cover stitched.

IMAG0288.jpg
Rought edges being cleaned and finished out of the extra foam before applying the new seat cover

IMAG0289.jpg

New seat with extra cushioning added and new seat cover.I loved the grip of this material with perforated textured feel.
IMAG0292.jpg

excellent craftsmanship by your guy, i would have surely used a different color piping for the seat, good job
regards
vinod

Thread Starter #15

Thankyou for your feedback.Yes i too wanted the different colour piping but it was not available and the ones available were too much in brighter shades so opted for black instead.

Top Bottom