Yesterday [21 Nov 2010], my fair Linea had her second free servicing done at Concorde Motors [India] Limited, Mysore Road, Bangalore
. The first free servicing was done at Concorde, Dairy Circle, Bangalore, the same place where I took delivery of my Linea.
* I was greeted by the security-man when I drove into Concorde at 9:40 am. He asked me as to whether I had booked earlier for servicing to which I replied in affirmative. He gave me a priority service slip containing my car details. He guided me to a parking slot. After parking my car at the designated place, I was waiting in anticipation of some SA would come there with a job-card. But, the security-man advised me that I report to the service desk with the priotiy slip, which I followed.
* The SA told me about what were all covered under the second free service, which I had known earlier. He informed me that while front wheel alignment would be done FOC, wheel balancing would be chargeable. I requested him to do the wheel balancing of all four wheels as it was not done earlier. He gave me an estimate of Rs 4500 and said that my Linea would be ready by 5:30 pm. I informed him that I would be waiting there at the customers' lounge till the delivery of my Linea.
* I personally inspected the engine guard plate and relieved to note that there was not even a dent on that, notwithstanding frequent bottom-scraping my fair Linea was subjected to, thanks to big, gigantic unscientific humps and bumps.
* When I mentioned about the pouring of wrong oil into Fiat Linea in Concorde elsewhere, the SA informed me that they were exclusively working for Fiat cars and the mechanics were trained at Fiat Ranajangaon plant. They knew about the specified oil to be used in petrol and diesel engines of Fiat cars. He assured me that such a mix-up won't happen at least in Mysore Road branch of Concorde. He took me around a row of service bays numbering about 7 or so exclusively reserved for Fiat cars. I found two Lineas [including mine] and four Palios being serviced yesterday. Surprisingly, I didn't find any Puntos on any service bays.
* I was a standing witness when the engine oil was drained, a 4-litre can of Selenia K was opened and its content poured until the oil level reached the maximum mark on the dip-stick. It consumed about 3.5 litres as against 3.3 litres specified in the Fiat Linea owner's handbook. The SA informed me that now they were getting the engine oil in bulk in barrels as well as in 4 and 1-litre cans. They bill the customers as per actual quantity consumed. I insisted on a new 4-litre can.
* Essential spares like oil/fuel/air/pollen filters were replaced in my presence. Both the windscreen wiper blades were replaced FOC under warranty as I had complained against jerky movement on continuous usage.
* I personally requesed the SA about cancellation of service reminder of second free service that my Linea's MID would show at 14 k km as my Linea covered hardly 8580 km now. He clarified that my Linea's ECU was connected to what he called Fiat Examiner and the service reminder for the second free service was deleted. My Linea's MID would now show the service reminder for the third free service only, he assured.
* All the works under the second free service, except washing and cleaning, were completed in the pre-lunch session by about 1 pm. My Linea was taken for washing and cleaning at 2:30 pm in the post-lunch session and came out by 6:15 pm as against 5:30 pm assured.
The SA was really sorry about the delay caused due to big queue for washing and cleaning.
* Some homely feeling: compared to Concorde, Dairy Circle, this place was less crowded. But, I found the uniformed cab drivers occupying the unoccupied sofas, sleeping and snoring in the air-conditioned customers' lounge. When I visited the showroom, a receptionist's kid was playing around Fiat/Tata vehicles! I was getting regular supply of hot coffee/tea. The toilets were clean and tidy.
* I paid Rs 3923 as against the estimate of Rs 4500. One thing I found strange: both the wiper blades [replaced FOC under warranty] cost the same although one is longer than the other. I had thought the longer one would cost more than the shorter one!
* Overall, I am satisifed with the service rendered by Concorde, Mysore Road, Bangalore. I gave a rating of 9 out 10 in the response form, deducting 1 point towards delay due to washing and cleaning. I found my fair Linea clean and tidy. I also noticed the ACC cooler & more efficient than before.