The Super Civilized Beast: My New Generation Scorpio (S10)

Thread Starter #1
About me and the love of suv's and jeeps

Writing a Quick Review.. a detailed review and photo shoot will follow soon...

Hi friends, Posting my first ever ownership review. I have been a part of this website right from its initial days and i am a regular visitor too. However because of my profession i hardly get time to write and because of the busy festival season i was not able to write this review but finally i have manged my self to write something about my new ride. We are a family of lawyers, my father is a active political and social personality of the town and my father always prefer travelling in a suv. I have strong passion for jeeps and suv's right from my childhood days and believe me i started learning driving from class 7th. When i first drove our Mahindra Jeep (MDI550 which is now named as "major" by mahindra) and the thrill of driving jeeps was great.

Our first Suv was a 2001 model bolero which was a first in the town at that time and then a mahindra scorpio 2.6 dx 2005 model. I have also owned a Ford Ikon and a Maruti Swift Dzire right now and yes how can i forget our old maruti 800 (1994 model) which is still going strong.

The search for a perfect suv after owing a bolero and a scorpio-

I have been looking for a good suv for 2-3 years as my scorpio was getting old. I just loved the xuv 500 but the initial troubles and defects kept me away from it. Also the xuv never felt like a true blue strong suv and still it dosent feel as strong as a scropio even the improved xuv's. other choices were duster,terrnao,ecosport and in my personal view they are cars not suv's , the feel like car, looks like cars and more importantly they are 5 seaters so they never appealed me. Safari stome was good option but again i am not a big fan tata cars and with such less equipments the storme feels bare basic in its range.

The New generation Scorpio

I have been waiting for the new scorpio's launch for a year. Following our thread of the new scorpio ,the spy shots etc. I was eagerly waiting for the launch. And when mahindra finally launched the new scorpio this festive season it was the perfect time for me to upgrade my old scorpio as i instantly feel in love with the new aggressive and premium looking new gen scorpio. Got a mail one fine morning (14th sep i guess) which says that the new generation scorpio will be arriving soon and i was like[clap] it was a feeling of relief and excitement that mahindra is finally launching the new scorpio. It was also said that the bookings for the new scorpio will be open exclusively for scorpio owners on 15,16 and 17 sep. I immediately called the dealer and he said that the new scorpio will be launched on 25th sep and you can see the vehicle on 26th sep. He promised me immediate delivery as i am scorpio owner. I went to see the new scorpio on 26th morning and when i entered the showroom there was super civilized best standing in front of me... the new generation scorpio [surprise] the was looking awesome in flesh initially there was a confusion going all over the net and in our forum too about the looks and some styling elements like rear grab handle type designs etc but it was amazing to see how premium the scorpio looks in comparison to the earlier scorpio.

Now it was the time to decide the color model and the seating configuration.. i was looking for the top end variant that is the s10 as i definitely need all those gadgets and gizmos but the biggest flaw in the scorpio right from its launch is the lack of space which is still a big concern. And quess what there was a last moment confusion between the xuv and the scorpio[confused]. My father and mother instantly liked the roomy interiors of the xuv500. The middle row of the new scorpio felt a bit cramped compared to xuv it was so confusing but we finally managed to reach a decision and we finally decided to go for a captain seat configuration in the new scorpio.

The booking process and the Delivery--

The dealer promised me a immidiate delivery for the top end variant as i have booked the car as a scorpio owner when the booking was open exclusively for the scorpio owers on 15,16 and 17th sep. They said scorpio owners will be given priority in delivery. The S10 top varient with front facing and side facing seats were available at the dealership but they said that i have to wait for the captain seat configuration. but they promised me the delivery before dhanteras.

In the stock yard after PDI-
20141017_172806.jpg
20141017_175124.jpg

Taking the delivery--

me with my mom
20141019_181252.jpg

20141019_181432.jpg

20141019_190822.jpg

20141019_191112.jpg

Sorry for the quality of pics...forgot to carry my digital camera.

Some more pics..

20141021_165453.jpg

20141021_165439.jpg

20141021_164436.jpg

20141021_125057.jpg

20141021_165508.jpg

20141021_164418.jpg

20141021_164355.jpg

About the car--

The car looks great from every angle.

Looks more premium than the earlier scorpio.

Interiors are more refined and well equipped.

the touch screen infotainment system is great and is the high light of the new scorpio's interiors.

Alloys and new 17" wheels looks stunning on scorpio.

the engine is even more refined and i must say feels the most refined engine in its class. The pick up has also improved.Thank the re-tuned gear ratios.

Nvh levels are quite low and the engine feels super smooth.

Apart from the new dashboard nothing is changed in the interiors which is quite sad considering its a new generation vehicle. Like the door handles seats etc all the same, different upholstery and color scheme tough. Open wiring and open rear defogger wires are a glaring examples of cost cutting. Mahindra is surely planning to make some money with this new scorpio as they have left the rear interiors untouched.

The big improvement is in the ride and handling department the new generation scorpio feels more planted and less bouncy on road and specially over bad roads however the steering feels unsettled and there is a constant movement in the steering when you travel on a bad road or over the sharp bumps.

It almost drives like a car which is a boon in city traffic.

overall the new scorpio feels more refined and premium than the earlier scorpio.

i will be writing a detailed ownership review with a photos soon. Plz dont mind if their are some erros. This is the first time am writng a onweship review.

Congratulations. Wish you many happy miles on this beauty.

This should be the first ownership review for new Generation Scorpio. The Beast looks stately in white. Continue to update your awesome experience with this beast

Congratulations on a beautiful, butch, VFM SUV. Personally the new gen scorpio looks way better than the over designed XUV. BTW why didn't you consider the blue colour? It is a beautiful colour.

Heartiest congratulations buddy on your new acquisition and wish you many happy miles with it.
Looking forward to see your impressions compared to your previous scorpio.Hows the difference in the bouncyness with previous version, hows the suspension setup you feel with the new ride do share your views on that.

Thread Starter #14
MY First Feedback Review - 5000 km up

Well my new gen scorpio will be going for the first service soon so i thought to post my feedback of the car for you all. may be someone find it usefull..

The Pros -

Great looks ( high quality paint job)
the car look great from every angle (NOw)

Refined mhawk engine and gearbox.

Comfatable for smooth highways...high seating.

good fuel economy

great lights inside out

negatives---

The enigne though refined definalty needs a 6th gear as it feel out of breath even at the speeds of 100kmph. and the engine turns quite loud.

There is a lot of rattles and squeaks inside the cabin specially the seats make a lot of noise and dashboard and gates too specially when driven of broken roads. This is quite frustrating as i have driven the vehicle so carefully and with a lot of care. i have to literally slow down to 2nd gear on broken roads.

Even my maruti dzire feels better on broken and patchy roads thats strange we take suv's for comfort for good suspension .....but in this area the much talked about rugged Scorpio surprisingly dissappoints.

Also the steering is on the heavier side... though the feedback is good. it feels heavy at paring speeds.

The car is running fine but there is some vibration during braking when u stop the car at a speed breaker or traffic signal but not on highway. This is also a issue that i will report on the service.

Top Bottom