My New Chevrolet Enjoy LTZ Petrol

Thread Starter #1
I got delivery of my Enjoy LTZ (petrol) on 21st Oct 2014 (Dhanteras) which was delayed by a week due to registration number not allotted. Drove the car from showroom to a Ganesh Temple and then to home after filling the tank.
After testing for defects while driving small distance I finally took it for long drive from Mumbai to Pune, Driving position is quite cozy but there is very little room for movement of feet other then the controls, there is no dead pedal due to lack of space, the gear box occupies the whole of central front portion underneath the dashboard.

Dashboard is simple and clean with all controls visible and easily reachable. There’s standard Tachometer, speedometer, single trip meter, temperature and fuel indicator (all are analog). Special indicators are provided for engine , battery, handbrake, door open, seatbelt and Low fuel. There is no provision for digital fuel gauge with range travel indicators. We get a 4 speed AC fan with defogger, Central digital clock and music system. Glove compartment is ok there’s no open slot for keeping tissue box on the dashboard. Special slots are provided for Airbags which is quite good since we need not replace the whole dashboard in case of any accident. Two Bottle holders are provided just before the gear lever. Ashtray and Lighter is also given in the front.

View from the driver’s seat is quite commanding as the driver seat can be adjusted for height and rear view mirror also gives a full view of the rear side due big window in the rear. Door side panel has minimal facility for keeping papers with no bottle holders. Electronic ORVM is quite convenient and power window controls light up during nighttime when parking lights are switched on ,this is quite a good feature as we need not grapple for switches in the dark . A driver and co-driver seat are very comfortable and does not strain us driving long distance, driver’s seat can be adjusted for height and steering too can be adjusted within very minimum angle, if we heighten the steering then some dashboard indicators are not visible.

Driving Enjoy LTZ is quite a pleasure with very insignificant engine noise, gear shift is also good though its very stiff due to being new, I hope it will be easy after the first service. Suspension is very good and there is very little vertical movement while taking steep turns. So far the mileage is around 13 Kmpl and hope this will improve after the first service. AC is very powerful and cools the cabin in about a minute during daytime. Brakes are also powerful and effective and this variant (LTZ) is provided with ABS (anti-lock Breaking system) and EBD (electronic brake force distribution) though I am yet to experience the benefit of these.
There is ample space in all the three rows but seats require more thigh support which can be easily done with good contoured “seat covers” available in the market. Both the 2nd and 3rd seats are completely foldable in case we require more space for luggage. I would have preferred split seat for the 3rd row but its not available in Enjoy. Moreover there is some space available underneath all the seats for keeping sundry things like extra tools , small tray with water bottle, etc. DC charger outlet is provided in 3rd row for charging cell phones and other gadgets. Luggage space with all three rows seated in the rear is not ample but ok.

Overall this car is a good value for money for the owner as compared to Ertiga or Mobilio.

Pros: Ample Space, VFM, Good Suspension, driving comfort.
Cons: Lack of Trendy exterior design, lack of modern dashboard and interior goodies like bottle holders for each seating row, Electronic Power steering instead of Hydraulic.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
Hi,

I own a Petrol version and would say pick-up is not on good as any sedan but it is better then ertiga petrol which i have driven.

Enjoy can accommodate 8 persons but 7 can sit very comfortably with lots of leg room. Pick and power with 8 on board is same as 2 on-board. Its advised to keep the Tyre pressure at 34 when more then 5 persons are seated.

Hi rite2raj. Congrats on your new car. The mileage you claim is with 100% AC? City? Highway?
If mixed, what ratio of City:highway? How about the power with 7 people onboard?

Having a thought on buying this car. Your inputs should help.

Top Bottom