My Black Unicorn! Bought 2014 TVS Wego!!!

Thread Starter #1
Hey Folks![:)]
After having a big discussion here: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...i-lets-vs-honda-activa-i-vs-hero-maestro.html
Finally decided TVS Wego!
Delivered today at 5:35 PM.

INITIAL BOOKING EXPERIENCE (SHOWROOM EXPERIENCE) :
So, We went to Ramkay TVS, Adyar which has two shops there, one for 3 wheelers on the main road itself and take a left after that showroom, you will see the 2 wheeler showroom on left side of the beginning of the road.
We went there with our Good Ol' HH Splendor!!!

As soon as we entered in, the guys there called a guy to welcome. They were talking and made us irritate: 1st person: Dei, new customer da, poi avangaluku enna vandi venumnu keluu da (Hey, A new customer has got in. Go and ask for which vehicle they are looking for.) 2nd person: Dei, Poda, enaku kaal valikudhu (Hey, go man, my egs are paining). 3rd person: Dei, enaku thalaiku mela vela iruku da. Neeye poi kelu da (Hey, I have many work. The works are like above my head. Its better to go and ask yourself)

We were [anger]

So, the 1st person asked us to take a seat and he asked for which vehicle we are looking for.
We said we are looking for a Wego and please note that we are CSD canteen customers.

He asked us to meet showroom manager Mr. Karthik.

Met him, talked, explained and done all the formalities. We returned home after booking Midnight Black Wego!

We booked on 8 Oct and We got it on 21 Oct. The manager promised that we will get the vehicle to us in 10 days but he said that the rains delayed delivery.

We took an autorickshaw and went to the showroom and asked for the delivery. They said us to wait for 5 mins. 30 mins passed away but still no response. I went to their garage and saw what was happening there.

OMG! There were 4 guys working on the wego. One was fitting the seat, another one spraying polish, and the other two were fitting the guards.

So, I really got angry and shouted to the manager. He said the Wego will come from the garage in 5 mins. My dad said 'Another 5 mins? Oh no! Nalla neram (good time) is going to end.'

Thank God! It came within 5 mins. Effect of shouting to the manager!!!

----- END OF SHOWROOM EXPERIENCE -----

FIRST IMPRESSIONS COMPARING TO MY GOOD OL' KINETIC HONDA
~ First of all is the ride quality!
~ Suspension setup is awesome! My kinetic used to give 'katakk' sound when crossed a bump and the Wego crosses the bump in 'swoosh' !
~ High pulling power even with pillon but lower than Kinetic Honda (thanks to the 9.8 Nm torque of Kinetic compared to the 8 Nm torque of Wego).
~ Lazy throttle response.
~ Underseat storage! Which Kinetic lacks.
~ No headaches of mixing oil.
~ And there is more to tell and count on!

----- END OF FIRST IMPRESSIONS -----

So, let's proceed to the important part of an review, that is the PROS and CONS!!![;)]

PROS:

+Good Comfort, Balance, etc.
+Excellent Ride quality.
+Lots of useful features like Econometer, tubeless tyres, LED tail laps, etc!
+Smooth engine (Though not as smooth as Honda!)
+The awesome suspension setup absorbed all the bumps and I thought I am floating on road!!!
+Well cushioned seats. I felt like I was sitting in a sofa when I was sitting in pillion seat.
+Good ASS.
+Cheap Spares.
+Cheap Maintenance.
+Good paint job and dual tone paint/stickers.
+The body balance technology is not a mere marketing gimmick. It really works! At initial I don't liked it but love that part now. I dont tend to get my legs down from the scooter's floorboard.

CONS:

-Not powerful as Honda engine.
-Lazy throttle response. May fix after 1st service.
-Not smooth as Honda engine.
-Not fuel-efficient as Honda engine(a bit lower).
-The Digital fuel meter is not that much accurate. When it showed one point, the fuel logo took no time to blink. So, we needed to rush to the nearest fuel pump.
-The digital speedometer is literally useless under sunlight. I can hardly see the speed and the blue backlit disappears fully.
-Only 15 litre under-seat storage.
-Overheating engine. The engine was very hot that the hot waves transmitted to my legs and I was wearing a pant. I think this may fix after 1st service.
-The guys who fitted the guards and accesories were very rude and cruel. They just kicked and threw the guard to the service persons and I was looking at his cruel behaviour. I want to [gun] him down!
-TVS quality's under-estimation(a big negative!!!!!)

So, here is the teaser! Wait for more pics!!!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
The WAIT for the pictures is OVER!!!

See That [evil] looking headlights!

Logo at the rigght side of front apron.

Front look with handle turned to left ( rightside from viewing )

Logo on left side panel.

Logo on right side panel.

The whole front look.

Leftside look.

Rear look.

Digital speedometer when the vehicle is OFF.

Digital speedometer when the vehicle is ON.

Rear - Rightside look.

The smooth refined mill.

The soft humming muffler with CVT-i badge on it.

Externel fuel tank at rear.

Underseat storage area.

Final photo! The dealer provided seat cover.

OT: Still the attachment manager is not working. Moderators! Are you awake?

Last edited:
I don't know why you are getting low mileage than Honda. I own a Jupiter and gets 50-52 kmpl in city ride itself. Wego being lighter, FE should be good. I am getting this even before 1st service.

Thread Starter #5
I don't know why you are getting low mileage than Honda. I own a Jupiter and gets 50-52 kmpl in city ride itself. Wego being lighter, FE should be good. I am getting this even before 1st service.
My friend's Activa - I returns 56-58 kmpl. I was like :eek:

Congrats on your purchase.. don't worry about the throttle response much it can be fixed at the first service..
Thanks !
Let me tell and passify myself by saying throttle response will fix after first service.

My Wego's idling is high. Is it proper for a new scooter?
I have only done 55 kms from the date of purchase (3 days).

Is there any possible for water entering silencer?
Because, Chennai is in monsoon and the roads are flooding ( [lol] )
I had enough experience with my Kinetic (pushing it for 5 kms!!!)

Thanks !
Let me tell and passify myself by saying throttle response will fix after first service.

My Wego's idling is high. Is it proper for a new scooter?
I have only done 55 kms from the date of purchase (3 days).

Is there any possible for water entering silencer?
Because, Chennai is in monsoon and the roads are flooding ( [lol] )
I had enough experience with my Kinetic (pushing it for 5 kms!!!)

it can be fixed.. it was set in such way to aid Run In process.. 400-500 kms run in is fine for wego. after that you can have it configured for high power/good fuel efficiency. or so. meanwhile the attachment manager just works good. I have used it and it gave no problems whatsoever.. just click close window and post the message it will keep the attachments in post.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10
UPDATE:
So, the odometer now shows 61.1 Kms.
It is good so far but I get a kreech kreech sound from the front suspension and it is not smooth. WHY??? Any solution?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12
Thanks Ambylovers for your wishes.

UPDATE:
The Odometer now clocked 180+ Kms and running smooth till now.
But the sound from the suspension persists. If I cross over a bump, it gives that kreech kreech sound. Any Solutions???

RVSB, heartiest congratulations on your wego.Loved the new console.Wish they had given this on previous wego and continued on my Juipiter too.lol.
The guard across the side indicators on the front shakes a bit on our wego which was why i selected the guards for my juipiter without them.
Does they tend to behave the same on yours?

Thread Starter #14
RVSB, heartiest congratulations on your wego.Loved the new console.Wish they had given this on previous wego and continued on my Juipiter too.lol.
The guard across the side indicators on the front shakes a bit on our wego which was why i selected the guards for my juipiter without them.
Does they tend to behave the same on yours?
Thanks for your wishes!

I think that console may be fitted in the Jupiter too but the speedometer does not get speed readings from front wheel, directly connected to engine(digital speedometers are connected like this I read somewhere).

The guards are rock stable and doesn't even move even if you push it hard.
AFAIK, Different dealers give different design of guards and Jupiter is a new model(compared to Wego) and TVS may have fixed that wobbly mounts. What say???

UPDATE:
Forgot to say, I polished my Black Unicorn(here onwards I will call my Wego like that only. I even use Black Uni to call![;)]) yesterday and it shined like gold until yesterday night. Rain washed all the polish and the dull state of paint returned[cry]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #15
So left for 2nd service some days ago and then got it and got satisfactory results.
But one problem has arisen, if I give full throttle after idling it for 5 secs, it shuts down.
Before the service, this problem was not there.

I didn't ask them to polish (as I have one) but they polished and charged extra Rs. 300[anger][frustration]

Mileage Update:
I put in 100 Rs. of Petrol when the fuel logo was blinking.
Resetted the Trip Meter to 0.0 Kms and then rode it till the fuel logo was blinking.
I totally rode 75.0 Kms(TM reading), i.e. 25 Kms for 1/2 Liter of petrol, 50 Kms for 1 whole Liter of Petrol and 75 Kms for 1.5 Liter of Petrol!
So, 50 Kmpl!!!

Top Bottom