Hottie Draped in Passion Red: Hyundai Elite i20 Asta (D) Ownership Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
★ Hottie in Red - Elite i20 Asta (D) ★ Update: Leathers Installed ★

Hello folks,

This thread will be in development mode for a month or two. So keep checking for updates.

Lookout for new car -
As the 10 year old MS Alto started to develop engine related mechanical problems last summer, we knew it was time for us to bid goodbye to our beloved Alto and this was the reason we had to lookout for a new car.

Our approach here was: If it ain't broken, why fix it? Alto had started to develop all sorts of problems and lost it's reliability this Feb 14 after a severe mechanical breakdown.

Hatch choices we had (Family shows no interest towards sedans[cry]) and our preference in initial days. Swift highly preferred and i20 was least preferred.

MS Swift
VW Polo
Toyota Etios Liva
Hyundai i20

Rejections-

MS Swift: Family loved and still loves it. Reasons were many, from same-day delivery to service to easy to maintain and VFM. I was against it because of the outdating design (interiors) and lack of features at this price range against the competition.

VW Polo: I read the rumors that Polo was getting a facelift in mid-summers. So I thought of waiting. And finally when it launched, went up to the showroom, checked it out and liked every bit of it, specially those dual barrel headlamps. They are cannons for sure. [evil] But then came the worries of Polo service and maintenance cost + it wasn't much of a facelift to be truly honest. It was a very subtle refresh and I wasn't really happy. A normal person would not notice the differences between new Polo and old Polo. And thinking of this, I walked out of showroom[roll]

Etios Liva: Family likes it because it's of it's VFM offering and Toyota brand value. I was against it because of the center placement of speedomenter. It looks more of a toy to me and this car was going good in corporate taxis. That spoilt the image of being a consumer car although belonging to Toyota stable.

i20: It was the old i20 in showrooms there. There were good offers too, I was set for Sports (D) and had my mind ready. And then came some spyshots on internet of new i20. I was like, WAIT !!! The shots weren't clear and I was ready to wait to view the full picture. The car released on 11th August and I took a TD on 13th August and I was satisfied. Family was happy too, but they clearly said nothing more than Sports beta ! I too agreed for the same and came back home. Had a lot of discussions, security features, safety improvements, design overhaul and managed to get a nod for Asta (D). Without giving second thoughts went to showroom and gave initial booking amount of 20k and I was really happy with my booking.

Dealership Experience -
Not the Best, but not the worst.

Car was booked on 16th August at Mahadev Hyundai, Faridabad. SA said he will do his best to deliver on my birthday i.e. 30th August, but couldn't. He then promised me for a mid-Sept delievery but again when the date came near he was like Red Color is very much in demand, Red color has some paint issues at Chennai factory. Management is still holding red color at their end due to ABS issues. I was so furious over this crap as I called up Hyundai Chennai Service showrooms and they weren't aware of anything like this. They said all is fine with E-i20 and my dealer is bad. Oh well, i let the time pass, thinking less about the new car. On 30th Sept, SA called me up and said your car has been dispatched from factory and is loaded, but this is the first lot and will come by train, not by truck. I was like okay, but how many days? He said 10-12 days and I said fine. Was in constant touch with SA for final payment and delivery date. He once again promised me and this time it was 12th October. I said 'der aaye, durust aaye' and left the showroom.

Woke up little late on October 12 (Sunday) and texted SA for delivery time. Got an instant reply, to arrive at 4:00 P.M and i was excited. Went with family, got the formalities done, took some snaps, walked around the car, carried out a PDI for full 20 minutes along with dad and all seemed fine. Two hours had gone in all this and SA finally gave us a chocolate box, took a final snap with us and bid us goodbye in our new hottie.

Awesome Features
Steering Mounted Controls
Seat Height Adjustment
Defogger with rear view wiper
Headlight Adjustment
Twin charging ports (180W)
Rear AC vents and speed setting
1GB onboard memory.
White illumination in speedometer and tachometer
Auto-fold ORVMS
Electro-Chromatic IRVM

Driving Experience -
Comfort - I find the car very comfy. Driver seat adjustable height is very handy feature and for rear passengers I like the high rise window. No claustrophobic feeling at all to me. Car absorbs shocks fairly well and the passengers had no complain of a bumpy ride.

Will add more Driving Experience parameters as I spend more time with car.

Thank You for your patient reading! More pics coming soon

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
Re: Hottie Draped in Passion Red - Elite i20 Asta (D)

Congratulations on you new ride and wish you happy miles with it and where are snaps of the red beauty??

Thread Starter #4

Gadgets/Accessories installed -

Dual Port - 12W (Dual 2.4A) USB Charger - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E1UWA4O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Micro-USB Cable - Amazon.com: Salom Micro uCable -Coil USB data cable - Micro USB plug (black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Monster Audio AUX Cable - Amazon.com : Monster Cable AI 800 MINI-7 (7.0 ft.) iCable 800 for iPod, iPhone, and iPad : MP3 Players & Accessories

Planned Upgrades-

6000K HID with projectors
Leather Seat Covers
3D Floor Mats
3M Underbody Protection

(Shop suggestions invited from Delhiites/NCR)

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Leather Seat Covers
3D Floor Mats
3M Underbody Protection

(Shop suggestions invited from Delhiites/NCR)
For HID I suggest Motor Concept

For seat covers and mats I suggest Elegant in Lajpat Nagar. (The Car market behind Moolchand hospital)

3m under body protection, I am not confident about. So as per me avoid it if possible.

Have a great time dear with your ride. Do post an elaborate review with lots of pics.

Regards

Akash

Thats one smashing hot ride you got amit, heartiest congratulation on your new elite korean beauty.
Post some nice pictures of your ride.

Congrats on new Red Queen. Elite i20 looks awesome in red.

I would suggest you go for anything less than 5000K for Projector headlight. 6000 K rated HID Projectors will blind the oncoming driver's vision for sure. Also do smoking of reflectors if it is 5000 K and above.

Last edited:
Congrats for your new i20, the car looks red hot and maybe more of a strawberry standing out from the crowd!

This new i20 looks very urban and and those lighted interiors just sets anyone's mood to drive in comfort.

Planned Upgrades-
Seems interesting, however a small piece of advice to install it without voiding warranties.

Leather Seat Covers
What color have you planned for?

3M Underbody Protection
Must needed.

Thread Starter #10
For HID I suggest Motor Concept

For seat covers and mats I suggest Elegant in Lajpat Nagar. (The Car market behind Moolchand hospital)

3m under body protection, I am not confident about. So as per me avoid it if possible.

Have a great time dear with your ride. Do post an elaborate review with lots of pics.

Regards

Akash
I have travel plans to U.S next month and I really wish to take some time out from daily schedule to atleast get 3M underbody done. I will be visiting 3M Gurgaon at my earliest availability.

Got a quote of 34K for 6000K HID setup frm a local retailer. I was very surprised and I the market prices are this high, I might have to skip this.

Thats one smashing hot ride you got amit, heartiest congratulation on your new elite korean beauty.
Post some nice pictures of your ride.
Thank You vijay, I will be uploading some snaps every now and then. :)

Congrats on new Red Queen. Elite i20 looks awesome in red.

I would suggest you go for anything less than 5000K for Projector headlight. 6000 K rated HID Projectors will blind the oncoming driver's vision for sure. Also do smoking of reflectors if it is 5000 K and above.
Thank You gandhi, I tested Philips 5000K and wast really convinced with milkish looking output, I want the output to be pure white with a wide spread on side angles. May as well opt for 35/55W rating HID's. I prefer cleartype lenses in headlight rather than smoked ones.

Congrats for your new i20, the car looks red hot and maybe more of a strawberry standing out from the crowd!

This new i20 looks very urban and and those lighted interiors just sets anyone's mood to drive in comfort.

Seems interesting, however a small piece of advice to install it without voiding warranties.

Must needed.
Thank You vishwas,

Replacing just the bulbs wont void warranty, installing projectors and ballast setup DOES void electrical warranty.

For leathers my first choice is cream coloured leather that looks very relaxing to eyes, airy cabin feeling and supple when seated. Second choice is Black leathers. I really fear Indian summer temperatures though. Black traps heat :(

3M Underbody is planned with next 7-10 days. Will surely update with pics.

Once again, thank you all for your warm wishes :)

When I checked the seat covers here in Pune, one of the reputed accessories shop send me below pictures through Whatssapp for Red Elite i20 which i liked very much and planned for the same and fixed the appointment for this Saturday to have the seat cover .
These type of seat cover can be done for pure Leather or Art leather as they said to me.

Attachments

Thank You gandhi, I tested Philips 5000K and wast really convinced with milkish looking output, I want the output to be pure white with a wide spread on side angles. May as well opt for 35/55W rating HID's. I prefer cleartype lenses in headlight rather than smoked ones.
Glad to know that you are convinced with 5000 K. I was telling you to smoke the lenses (some of them do on tail lights). Smoke the reflector (if projector light used) in and around the bulb. As 5000K will give more light output, reflectors also will add to that light and may blind the oncoming traffic.

I think 5000K may not require reflector smoking.

When I checked the seat covers here in Pune, one of the reputed accessories shop send me below pictures through Whatssapp for Red Elite i20 which i liked very much and planned for the same and fixed the appointment for this Saturday to have the seat cover .
These type of seat cover can be done for pure Leather or Art leather as they said to me.
@Phonix: I am also planning to have seat cover for my Grand i10. Could you tell me the rates quoted by the dealer? Which dealer?

@HR11: This is from the Poona Cars in Camp. These seat Cover have a price range from Rs:6500/- to 12000/- depending upon the material of the Art leather for hatchback cars. Design can be customize as you require. Poona Cars are quite good but may price little costly then other shops. But they are really professional in their work.
I didn't check the Price for Pure leather as I didn't like pure leather in car personally due to heat issue. Also Pure leather will not come at all in pocket friendly Price, It will cost minimum of 20/25K !! [glasses]

Hi,
Red color looks stunning for Hyundai i20. Its really a fantastic color choice. Congratulations on your new car and wishes to clock many more miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom