Why I bought Hyundai i20 Asta CRDi!

Thread Starter #1
Well, after selling Ford Fusion 3 months back and almost purchasing scorpio I finally had to settle for Hyundaii20.

Here is my experience and the reasons for booking i20. I will start from the begining.

Ford Fusion was sold because of sentimental reasons with the family. It had undergone 3 accidents, all hit from back and the family started feeling insecure and termed bad luck. I felt it was about time and I sold the car. After selling car I evaluated many cars and settled for Tata Indigo Manza. But that for financial reasons and bank not being happy with my financials had to call it off.

Finally Reliance Capital took up my case and approved the loan after 15 days. That was really a long time. I had no hope they would do it. After I got approval I went to Advaith Hyundai in the outer ring road (opp to Intel). The guy who attended to me seemed very new to job. His english was cuts and pieces. Somehow managed to work through him. He explained to me about the car with what he knew. During our conversation I asked him why I should buy i20 over Figo. He tried his best to convince I was not happy wtih his answer. So I was on my own to find the answer.

The test drive went well. He also told that new i20 was coming with 6 gears + 1 reverse. He said 6 gears would give more mileage on highways. I am not sure how much improvement I can expect but nonetheless I felt good. One new thing I noticed on the i20 was gear shifts. The reverse gear is placed on first gear position but to get there need to press a button placed on the gear knob. One more cool thing is auto fold mirrors. With a press of button the mirrors could be closed full.

I liked the interiors way lot better then Manza and also the car's initial pickup. After driving fusion for such a long time I was really stunned, fusion being sluggish at it. The ground clearance of i20 is less compared to that of Fusion otherwise everything else was fine. We finished the test drive and went back home thinking why I should buy this car over Manza, Figo.

I liked both the cars for there VFM but then I wondered about ASS. With my past experience of Fusion I never really faced any problems with the service center except that it was quiet far from my place. I felt if the service is near it would be lot easier and also I had heard good things about Hyundai ASS. With this in mind I also checked the spare part prices of Manza, Figo and i20. The spare parts cost of Manza was the lowest however Figo and i20 were almost same.

The nearest Ford dealer for me is 1 hour away. The main reason for me to go outskirts was to get away from traffic and pollution. And also being already owned Ford I wanted to try another company. So it was finally decided for an i20.

I booked the top end model i20 Asta ABS CRDi. I have been told 4-6 weeks delivery time. I am hoping they will make within 6 weeks. Also when I enquired about the free bees offered with the car I was told they would give Ganesha Idol, Perfume and Matts. He said no for Sunfilms.

As anyone got anything better from other showrooms? Please let me know. I am also thinking to get the Teflon / Waxing done at the showroom. Is it a good idea? What else I should get done for the car at the showroom please? Please give your inputs.

I will be posting pictures of my car once I take delivery and also the review to follow. I am super excited about i20!!! Waiting eagerly for the delivery date! [clap]

Oh the color I have booked, QUICK SILVER!!

Thank you!!

Oh. So you are happy with your purchase. I took the title the other way. Congrats for your ride. hope you get it soon.

AMG

Suspended
Congrats.
It is the best diesel hatchback in the country.
Wish you 1000s oh happy miles and memories with the car.

Congrats Ragha, I am really happy that you decided for a new car instead of used one.
Buddy how can he say no, You demand from him & try with different dealerships.
You will have an idea of how the price is varied in different dealerships.
Try saying other dealership is providing all freebies more than you . Then he will be back on track, Have a check on this.

Congrats Ragha. I feel bad about your Fusion though.
Topend version diesel eh? Enjoy the 6 gears. Is your's an Asta Normal or An Asta opt. which comes with 6 airbags?

Congrats ragha.
Just check with Advaith on the freebies they provide. I did not get any as I purchased it just after the launch and there was a huge demand for the car.

So I worked it out another way. I took the insurance on my own and saved 9000/- . With that money i bought mats,mud flaps,car vaccum and a car duster and still I have some more money left.

Thread Starter #12
Hi Arka,

They dont have 6 airbags option anymore. Mine is front 2 airbags with switch on/off button. On-road price is 8.4 lacs.

Raghu

Thread Starter #13
Yes Anwar, I am getting insurance getting outside I will be saving around 5k from that.

Oh everything red!! I thought it was white! Didn't notice that.

Last edited by a moderator:
ilango[speed thirst];38355 said:
Congrats on the i20 ,

Enjoy night driving in it , so many red lights all around! i have experienced that.

I believe in the newer versions they have changed it to blue. So everything will be blueish now.

Thread Starter #15
On my previous car it was all white. Wouldn't all red affect eyes or something? Have anyone experienced any problems as such?

Top Bottom