On the run through of my busy work schedule and some frequent small trips, I deliberately wished to share my ownership experience with TAI
, And here I am.
Let me make it as simple as possible. Prelude
The urge of owning a car arose everyday after selling our beloved Tata Indica last year. The budget was set for an entry level hatch and all the serious contenders in the class were considered. But since the first priority was given for space inside the cabin, it was easy to rule out many among them. Only two choices were left at last. 1. Suzuki WagonR 2. Datsun Go
WagonR scored more here for their A*S*S and sightly better interiors. Chose the Lxi variant since this is our budget car, stretching it doesn't made any sense. Buying experience
Booked the car at Popular Maruti, Palakkad during the first weeks of September and after many sleepless nights took the delivery on 24th september
I did the PDI two days before the delivery and found the vehicle was manufactured on August 2014. The dealership experience weren't much fine. The sales executive were found unprofessional. The car was even delivered with dirt and stains on many spots of it. We took the delivery without creating much scenario out there since we don't want to spoil our happiest moment.
Total cost came to 4,06,xxx INR after discounts. Mods Done
- Pioneer Head Unit (Protruded from our old car)
- Sony speakers (I don't remember the model)
- Voyager 7" monitor + rear view camera
- Scorpio remote locking
- Center arm rests for front seats (From eBay)
- Blackout all the pillers and front bumber (from a local sticker shop)
- Blackout all 5 wheel drums (DIY)
- 14" alloy wheels with upsized tyres
- Sub woofer with amp (Gurus please shed some light for me here!)
- Smoked headlights and tail lights (May be a DIY! )
- Rear Spoiler (Probably a MGA)
So far 9000+ kms done in 5 months and came across its many up's and down's. Likes
- Spacious car for 4 people on-board.
- Maruti's strong After Sales Support.
- Fuel efficient and cheap maintainance.
- Feels underpowered at times and needs frequent gear shiftings
and nothing much to complain about it.
Overall satisfaction 4/5[/B]
All the three free services have been completed without much hustle, but faced a problem after third service. The radiator was found leaking all on a fine morning and was immediately taken to MASS which is 2kms far away from our home. After examining the part was replaced under warranty on the same day and the vehicle was delivered on the next day
I haven't done any detailed photo shoot till now. Since no ownership review will be fulfilled without the pics, here's some random clicked pictures for your viewing pleasure. Extremely sorry for the picture quality. Will update with inside and outside pictures on the go.