The Recreation of Wagon: My Wagon-R LXi

Thread Starter #1
The new tall boy in town! My Wagon-R LXi

On the run through of my busy work schedule and some frequent small trips, I deliberately wished to share my ownership experience with TAI, And here I am.

Let me make it as simple as possible.

Prelude
The urge of owning a car arose everyday after selling our beloved Tata Indica last year. The budget was set for an entry level hatch and all the serious contenders in the class were considered. But since the first priority was given for space inside the cabin, it was easy to rule out many among them. Only two choices were left at last.

1. Suzuki WagonR
2. Datsun Go

WagonR scored more here for their A*S*S and sightly better interiors. Chose the Lxi variant since this is our budget car, stretching it doesn't made any sense.

Buying experience
Booked the car at Popular Maruti, Palakkad during the first weeks of September and after many sleepless nights took the delivery on 24th september [drive].
I did the PDI two days before the delivery and found the vehicle was manufactured on August 2014. The dealership experience weren't much fine. The sales executive were found unprofessional. The car was even delivered with dirt and stains on many spots of it. We took the delivery without creating much scenario out there since we don't want to spoil our happiest moment.
Total cost came to 4,06,xxx INR after discounts.

Mods Done

• Pioneer Head Unit (Protruded from our old car)
  • Sony speakers (I don't remember the model)
  • Voyager 7" monitor + rear view camera
  • Scorpio remote locking
  • Center arm rests for front seats (From eBay)
  • Blackout all the pillers and front bumber (from a local sticker shop)
  • DRL's
  • Blackout all 5 wheel drums (DIY) [;)]

Mods Planned

• 14" alloy wheels with upsized tyres
  • Sub woofer with amp (Gurus please shed some light for me here!)
  • Smoked headlights and tail lights (May be a DIY! )
  • Rear Spoiler (Probably a MGA)

So far 9000+ kms done in 5 months and came across its many up's and down's.

• Spacious car for 4 people on-board.
  • Maruti's strong After Sales Support.
  • Fuel efficient and cheap maintainance.

Dislikes

• Feels underpowered at times and needs frequent gear shiftings
and nothing much to complain about it.

Overall satisfaction 4/5[/B]

All the three free services have been completed without much hustle, but faced a problem after third service. The radiator was found leaking all on a fine morning and was immediately taken to MASS which is 2kms far away from our home. After examining the part was replaced under warranty on the same day and the vehicle was delivered on the next day [clap].

I haven't done any detailed photo shoot till now. Since no ownership review will be fulfilled without the pics, here's some random clicked pictures for your viewing pleasure. Extremely sorry for the picture quality. Will update with inside and outside pictures on the go.

Attachments

Last edited:
The car looks good, the blackened pillar and rims look really nice[clap]
Are those seat covers MGA?
Is there any difficulty is operating handbrake with the arm rest?
Please share the cost of seat cover and armrest

I must agree that at times the car feels underpowered. but the best package you can get @ this price, the under thigh support offered by the tall seats are excellent.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
Thankyou kannan [:)]

The seat covers are not MGA. It was stitched from a shop called 'Leather Man' in Palakkad. Costs around 4.5K and the arm rest was bought through ebay which costs me Rs.945 and was fitted as DIY :biggrin:

Thankyou kannan [:)]

The seat covers are not MGA. It was stitched from a shop called 'Leather Man' in Palakkad. Costs around 4.5K and the arm rest was bought through ebay which costs me Rs.945 and was fitted as DIY :biggrin:
I thought so. the covers look extra good![:D]
With the arm rest do you find any diffuculty with handbrake?

Thread Starter #7
Thanks again!
There's a little stress to use the hand brake with the arm rest on (compared to earlier). But I got used to it. Even my dad who drives this car doesn't feel that difficult to use the hand brake! The comfort this arm rest gives on long drives nullifies its small difficulties [clap]

Re: The new tall boy in town! My Wagon-R LXi

On the run through of my busy work schedule and some frequent small trips, I deliberately wished to share my ownership experience with TAI, And here I am.
Hi Sureshisme, Congratulations for your new vehicle. Wishing many many safe miles ahead. How many kilometers by now? How is the maintenance, and service interval? Is it 5000km or more for oil change?

Thread Starter #9
Hi Mathew, Thankyou for your wishes. Our Waggy is a mile muncher and has covered 9500+ in six months [:D]. THe oil change is at every 10,000kms according to MASS.

Thread Starter #10
Hi folks!,
Our WagonR clocked 13k+ kms without much niggles.

Did a small DIY yesterday. I was planning for OE rear fog lamp which comes with the VXI variant. Since it would look too mainstream, bought a flickering brake lamp from ebay and managed to fix on the rear fog lamp housing using 3M tapes (since it is a size bigger than the housing). Although there are gaps visible on the sides, I am quite satisfied with the out come.

Now let the picture do the talking. Excuse for the poor picture quality.

Attachments

Hi congratulations on your wagonR.

Can you please post a few more pics of the installed armrest?
Please try to include a front, top, rear and and a folded up pic if possible.
These pics would be really helpful for me and all those who wants to buy a similar armrest.
And is the armrest's width a problem in folding it up?

Thread Starter #14
Hi congratulations on your wagonR.

Can you please post a few more pics of the installed armrest?
Please try to include a front, top, rear and and a folded up pic if possible.
These pics would be really helpful for me and all those who wants to buy a similar armrest.
And is the armrest's width a problem in folding it up?
Here you go!

The Cockpit.
100_3357.JPG

The upside view
100_3359.JPG

The gap between the seat and hand rest
100_3360.JPG

A view from rear passenger seat
100_3363.JPG

The storage space under the arm rest! [clap]
100_3378.JPG

And at times when you don't need it.