Renault Duster...Fun Begins with My New SUV

Thread Starter #1
The one piece story of the pirate king

hello friends well well this is my second car in just two years but lets gets straight to the point.

FIRST TWO YEARS OF MY LIFE WITH MY BELOVED ACCENT..

it was a rainy day when i bought my pre owned accent.pure white and looking like big mafia car ready to welcome me inside. when i was driving the car i never imagined that this would be my car as it was never in my short list of cars..but i fell in love when i first saw it.

woooooooow what a mighty car. so much space inside and descent interior too.i was noob at that time as this was a first car in our family history.

i finalized the deal and took it at home.

after riding it for almost 2 years it started to show me some hiccups but still it run strongly..then i finally decided to update for new or pre owned car and then search(pain full) begins..

i was in mood to buy pre owned skoda or any descent sedan car like honda accord,laura,vento. went to so many dealers here and there but nothing comes in my budget as some were too expensive and some had arrogant attitude to even talk with us.

then i met a person who is a colleague of my cousin and he is experienced in this market. then after searching for skoda octavia(after reading so many positive about this beauty from here and team bhp)i finally went to a shop at Ahmedabad and took TD of 2009 octavia showing odo 64k km. it was mind blowing. as after driving my cng accent diesel power and torque was too much fun for me. i had decided that this would be my next car. we had done a deal almost then suddenly my whole family fought with me that we will not entertain your foolish ([lol]) pre owned car formula.

even i show them how much beneficial it is but in vain. so i have to drop the octavia and all other pre owned cars.[anger]

the real search begins with so many option in the market for new car in 10l segments. i haven't short listed any car as i wasn't sure to spend such big money..
then my friend come to rescue me from situation.

he spoke to Mahindra and sent Muv 500 for TD to my home town..
boy o boy what a beast car..i drove it for 50 km. yes 50 km and it was mind blowing experience. i decided that this is the car for u then i asked "kitna deti hain"
and he replied 12-15kpl.[frustration]

immediately i was shocked as for running like 1000km per month this will give me pain in a.

yes then we test drove almost all the cars from fiesta,eco sport,fiat linea,verna,xcent,duster,rapid,vento,new octavia,and city..
then confusion begins here

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/car-shopper/18319-so-much-confusion-ford-fiesta-honda-city-fiat-linea.html

whole months spent with sleep less night reading so much reviews positive and negatives,youtube reviews then finally i come to choose between honda city diesel and duster.

initially city wins here..so much spacious and dashing looks and completely suits my profession. then again my friend come here and somehow convinced me for duster..
i took another test drive and decided for it.

SIR WHY DUSTER NOT CITY FORM ALL OVER TE PLACES..

i have no clue how and what to answer them because most of them even dont know how to drive a car...but once they saw the mighty duster at my door they said like"are saheb kya baat hain, ap to chha gaye"

hmmmm thats the feeling of my whole family and of my society.

i will upload picture and other experience as soon as possible.
thank you for listening my stupid heart.

pic taken in hurry and from my note 3. accept my apologies.

20141001_191542.jpg

20141001_191630.jpg

20141001_191639.jpg

20141001_220714.jpg

20141002_071206.jpg

20141002_071220.jpg

20141002_092318.jpg

20141002_092546.jpg

20141002_092624.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Renault duster....fun begins with my new suv

Congratulations for the new ride.
Do post your buying experience + initial ownership review with lots of pics, after honeymoon is over [;)]

Thread Starter #3
happy diwali and new year to all my friends here.sorry for late reply but update coming in 2 days.done almost 2k km in 20 days..and its rocking with some minor issues.
will update new pic too..see ya

No doubt, Duster is a smart buy !!
Will look forward your inputs about your experience with this wonderful machine.
If it is as per your taste, blacken the B&C pillars to impart butchy look to the SUV.

Hey congrats buddy.! Do write the ownership review and post more pics of the interiors and exteriors.! which model did you go for?

Thread Starter #8
there is minor update..
new bull bars both front and back and new streering cover to get more firm grip..

Attachments

Thread Starter #9
starting from 3rd imgaes.
1.look how A B C comes very close to each other with no dead pedal..coming from accent i miss dead pedal so much.
2.4th images .
weired placing of stereo controls with call function button but once you become used to it its like boon .
3.5th image
again OVRM folding button .ahh its pain in. but you have to deal it.
4. 6th image
my odo trip meter was not working .only showing total trip done..not any other function.
i was so upset that once i scolded at dealer but then he calmed down me and got immediate replacement(1 week later) of new meter..so after 1800k it all reset to ZERO km now...have to live with it.
5, 7th image
touch screen lcd is bright but not enough in bright day light.its so inconvenient to even us your hand as a shield to look for navigation map.
6, 8th image
bluetooth function is so much fun and handy works perfectly fine with my note 3.sync my contacts ,call logs and call quality is what i expected from it.
7.last but not least
bull bar set up on the beast.
but what they did to my beast will show you once i have time to take photo of it.they are just bunch of ignorant to even look at the problem.

i have done 230 km in single day.

from kapadwanj to ghandhinagar 75km.then again kapadwdanj 75km then balasinor 40 km and return home at kapadwanj 40 km total.
all were on single lane road with lots of unevenness but now t single sign of fatigue.
for that much of traveling my accent gave me hell of pain and i slept once i reached home aftre driving my accent but witt this beast i am as relaxed as starting of the day

first service done at 2k km.

changed oil and filters and casual washing and cleaning.
have changed meter,ac filter cleaning as i felt cooling was not as i like but this is the most common complain of all duster owner i met there..
what will happen to me in damn summer[cry]
will discuss OTR PRICE and payment process once i get time from this busy schedule.
already planned my two long trip of patan and kuchh rann and then rajasthan. will update after december if all settle according to plan
once again a very happy new year to all.
BTW mine is rxl (o) version 85 ps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #10
Surprise surprise today i was messing with fuel efficiency and what i get is mind blowing.
Cruising to 65 to 70kmh show me 28kpl
and 55 to 60kph show me 32 kpl .
Wooooow.thats mind blowing.will upload pic of that soon.

Thread Starter #13
15 days to repair just dent from my car??so pathetic of renault?i am very dissatisfied.what are they thinking??my first service experience was quite nice but this is horrific.and the minor issue i had told them are still there.

Thread Starter #15
can someone enlighten me what should i do to my tyre?is it mandatory to replace it?how can i do it?in warranty or warranty is void?how much will it cost?stock are mrf tubeless

Top Bottom