Ertiga ZDI Coming Home

Thread Starter #1
I have booked Ertiga ZDI superior white today and waiting for the delivery date. SA told me the car may be delivered on 30th September. I am waiting for ERTIGA!

Fast forward, in 2011 March I booked ALTO K10 from Sai Service, Erragada, Hyderabad. The sales agent was not a professional guy and he gave me 2010 November vehicle. But since I was in need of a car, I just bought it and the experience was completely unpleasant with Sai Service.

It was driven 45K and I sold this car for 2.47 lacs today morning (22 Sep 2014). Yesterday (21 Sep 2014) 3PM I posted this ad in internet and a person called up introducing his name as Bala and showed interested to buy my car and today everything got finalized and I sold my car to him. The car was in pristine condition, just like new from showroom. I loved this car so MUCH and kept it without a dent or scratch. The overall ownership of this car in 3 years 6 months was really good.

While everything was going good, in 2012 I noticed Ertiga on road first time and yes, it was love at first sight. I was ready to sell my ALTO K10 to buy Ertiga since it impressed me a lot. However, ALTO K10 car loan was not closed, so it was not worth to re-sale the car with the loan as I need to bear more loss. So I waited for 2 years to close my loan. Recently my wife and I were in discussion to sell ALTO k10, she quickly said "Yes." WOW! What a surprise because she was refusing to sell ALTO K10 (it was in her name!!!). Since she said yes to change the car, then I thought to sell my ALTO K10. With heavy heart I posted ad in internet and got genuine response from gentleman who was searching for a good car. When he saw my car, he immediately said yes to finalize the car. After all processing done, he was completely happy with my car.

New car process began...

I had some requirements to be met for my new car

1. It must be 5+ seater car, because occasionally extended families will visit us, so needed 7 seater.
2. I drive 3000KM easily for our hometown trip. (Hyderabad - Coimbatore - Cochin - Coimbatore - Hyderabad).
3. It must be comfortable to my wife and aged parents to sit.
4. Mileage must be good.
5. A reliable diesel engine since I thought to keep it for longer period.
6. Above all, my budget was around 10 lacs and only few cars are available with this budget that suit my requirements.

I called up Sai Service again and told sales agent that I am going to book Ertiga; Salesman Shashi came on time to get booking confirmed. He was a nice guy who helped my friend to purchase the Dzire also. He has given complete details of the car with discounts and freebies. So I decided to confirm my booking by paying 5k. After I paid, he mentioned the car is already in transit which will reach Hyderabad on 28th September. I was thinking whether to go with the discounts he has provided for September month or should I wait for October month discounts from dealer. Just bit confused.

Could not get sleep without a correct decision. He gave me 25K discount for September 2014. but for October (festival season) not sure what will be the discounts. I am leaning to towards to take delivery in October so I may expect more cash discounts.

Last edited:
Congratulation for booking Ertiga.[:)]
Its truly a versatile vehicle satisfying various requirements.
Which variant you booked?
Why didn't you considered booking the limited edition?

Thread Starter #3
Thanks naiksachin. I booked ZDI variant.

The reason I did not book anniversary addition is because not to compromise the airbag safety, also there are minor concerns too, like spare wheel is not alloy, no rear-wiper and defogger, driver seat height adjustments missing, but I agree anniversary has unique features like black color dashboard. but nothing can compromise the safety as I see that as top priority.

Hi,
Congratulations on booking another Maruti. It was nice to see your pleasure of driving, since you told about the travel from Hyderabad to Cochin and return with your family.

Thanks naiksachin. I booked ZDI variant.

The reason I did not book anniversary addition is because not to compromise the airbag safety, also there are minor concerns too, like spare wheel is not alloy, no rear-wiper and defogger, driver seat height adjustments missing, but I agree anniversary has unique features like black color dashboard. but nothing can compromise the safety as I see that as top priority.
Good Decision Pradeep.

I think if someone is buying a special edition, it should be special something than the rest of its variant, so it will be lifetime remembrance. But in India it is little different, special edition means sticker and labels with some funny colour combinatipn seat cover of dash.

True. Safety cannot be compromise with stickers and funny things. I think people should always think of buying car with minimal ABS+EBD+Dual Airbag features. Rest inbuilt car Audio, seat covers chrome finish must be part of optional accessories.

One Advice: Ertiga's 3rd row has little bit of bumpy ride on bad road which make person seating little or more uncomfortable. Please take care on BAD ROAD if someone is seating in the last row.

But still Ertiga in its category is the best car.

ZDi comes with the safety features which is necessary if your budget permits.
Congratulations on your buy and looking forward to see your ride home soon.
Regarding discounts they would keep changing but not much and as diwali time coming up surely see some offers coming but then waitlist would be longer too.

Congrats Pradeep bhai! [clap]
So you are soon to enter the LUVers club.
"LUV at first sight" was the similar situation for me.[;)]
The LUV is still the car to beat when it comes to the best combination package of Power, Efficiency, Handling, Ride,Comfort, Flexibility, Value and Reliable quality, among UVs in India.
Glad that you made a great choice.
Waiting for your White dolphin pics, as soon as you get delivery!
Also a great choice that you avoided the anniversary edition.

Yes,Mr.Pradeep.Our DJ Bro is one of the best Ertiga Owner.It is so happy to hear every Ertiga owner choose Safety as their Priority before buying the LUV.It is the best car from MSIL.Thank you

Thread Starter #9
Thanks everyone. Your words of encouragement add up to my excitement.

I have asked SA to give the VIN since the vehicle is in transit. He said he will provide it tomorrow. I am waiting...

Dear Pradeep,
When did you book the vehicle?
What was the waiting period claimed by sales executive?
Is the delivery confirmed on 30th Sept?
The reason I am asking these question is, when I had booked Ertiga Vxi CNG Ltd Edition on 1st Aug, the waiting period claimed was 4 weeks. I have also made payments to the tune of 6.1 lacs as on date as the cheque was provided by my company. However the vehicle is still not delivered & the dealer has no clue about the scheduled delivery date. I have complained with Maruti & escalated my complaint to the Mumbai regional head Mr. Abhishek Malhotra through E-Mail yesterday. No replies yet.
Is anyone else facing such inconvenience with their bookings? Can any TAI members help in getting contact details of higher ups in Maruti to take up the issue up to them?
Thanks
Sachin Naik

Congrats.....
Drive safe and enjoy the ride.

LUV is a fantastic vechile. take good care of it . It will serve you for years.

Mine is ZXi and i have clocked 19000+ KM till now in 1.2 year. :)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12
Dear Pradeep,
The reason I am asking these question is, when I had booked Ertiga Vxi CNG Ltd Edition on 1st Aug, the waiting period claimed was 4 weeks. I have also made payments to the tune of 6.1 lacs as on date as the cheque was provided by my company. However the vehicle is still not delivered & the dealer has no clue about the scheduled delivery date. I have complained with Maruti & escalated my complaint to the Mumbai regional head Mr. Abhishek Malhotra through E-Mail yesterday. No replies yet.
Is anyone else facing such inconvenience with their bookings? Can any TAI members help in getting contact details of higher ups in Maruti to take up the issue up to them?
Thanks
Sachin Naik
I booked on 22nd September and will be delivered by 30th.

He said already a vehicle is in transit and can be delivered by 30th September. So counting may be 8 or 9 days as waiting period.

It is confirmed but I am planning to postpone a day so I may get October month discounts ( if it is more than september month), but if I am not lucky then I have bite the bullet to pay more.

Usually CNG vehicle takes time to get delivered, in other words dealer needs to order specifically since it is not fast selling vehicle. Only petrol & diesel vehicle sells faster. Be patient, talk to a senior manager in the dealer who can give you time line when to deliver. In Hyderabad, 2 months is waiting period for Ertiga but CNG may go upto 4 Months unless you have got good influence to get things done faster. Let me know if you have received email from Mumbai regional head.

Last edited:
You are lucky Pradeep to get the car delivery so early [clap]. After delivery would like to see an ownership review will lot of pics from you.

Now coming back to my case - It will not annoy you, if the waiting period claimed by dealer as 1 month & the vehicle is delivered with 1 or 2 weeks further delay. However in my case it is becoming indefinite as the dealer has no clue about the delivery [frustration]. Even writing mail to regional head about the issue is unanswered.

I know about the fact that CNG cars have limited production as the demand is based on its supply in very few cities in India. However CNG cars are pretty common in Mumbai & I expect the same in Delhi for that sake. I see 8/10 WagonR, 6/10 Ertiga in CNG variant here on road. Considering that aspect I feel [confused] about Maruti

Thread Starter #15
Today SA called me from Sai Service and informed me that Ertriga carrying truck arrived stock yard, because it is Sunday no one there in stock yard to unload the car from the truck. but they will do it tomorrow. He sms'ed me VIN number, WOW it is September 2014 manufacturing. may be about a week old car. Tomorrow he will unload the car from the stock and after PDI he will handover to me.

Top Bottom