Very proud and happy to inform that I got delivery of my ZEST XM RT on 3rd December, 2014 from Hyson Motors, Thrissur Kerala. Please find below the delivery pics :
I cranked it up and could not realize the engine is started. So refined. I drove it out of the showroom and instantly fell in love with this beauty. The positives and negatives I found are as below :
1. It is so much fun and pleasure to hold that gorgeous steering wheel. One finger and thumb are enough to operate it. Very good feedback at higher speeds of 80 KMPH or so (Dint drive at higher speeds due to run in period restrictions).
2. The gear shifts are very slick and the throws are very easy and of medium/low distance.
3. Superb fit and finish and feels very premium. The cabin seems so much insulated from outside noise. In fact, the car seems to be like a premium car from C segment (I could feel similar to and even better than Volkswagon Vento that my uncle has on almost all fronts and even he agreed).
4. Inner space is more than enough for 5 people. My cousin,my friend and myself (all medium built at around 5.8-6 ft, 75-80 KG) could sit with space to spare on the rear bench.
5. AC is powerful and good and cools the cabin in no time in 2nd fan speed and medium temperature. Even rear passengers get good effect even though no rear vents and it was a very sunny and dry day here.
6. Suspension is superb and ride quality is commendable in bumpy and uneven roads.
7. Handbrake is very strong and holds the vehicle intact on a 60 degree incline with 4 passengers in it.
8. Harman system is unbelievable and gives such great quality and premium feel. Absolute treat to use it. Full volume of 30 shakes the passengers totally.
9. Steering mounted controls very easy to use and the call quality is just too good.
10. Sport mode is very "SPORTY"and "ZESTY" and city is pretty much optimal for normal drives.
1. ECO mode is so laggy and can only be used when you want to just relax and keep the car in cruise speed of 80KM or so. Overbridges and inclines would be just about made possible to climb in eco mode with AC on (will test your patience).
3. Lack of storage spaces for water bottles. Even the cup holder provided not enough for 1 litre bottle.
Now, a word for the dealer, I could find them very cooperative and never was I left unattended whenever I entered the floor. Max 10 seconds for a rep to attend to me. They were very precise in their statements and timelines. The ASM was also so so good and never did they force me for anything including insurance and accessories. Informed me about arrival in yard (around 8 KMS from showroom) on saturday and arranged a TATA NANO as conveyance for to do PDI on monday. The SA accompanied me and asked me if I was convinced or needed something more. During delivery, they explained the basic features of music system and got my phone paired with it before leaving as a demo. They even tested the call quality and asked me if I was satisfied. Showed the spare wheel, and all other usual basic functions of the vehicle. They also said one thing, a couple of customers have had issues in petrol pumps and had wrong fuel filled in (diesel for revotron variants) and warned me saying since ZEST is new, petrol bunk sales guys are unaware and be careful.
Here are some PICS of my new BABE
AVG FE was shown as 8.5 KMPL now but it is too early to say anything. And I am not an expert driver and hence, cant comment now. More details on those fronts and about any other matters in coming days. Please let me know for any clarifications.
1. Colour on door pads of all variants changed to latte since OCT production confirmed.
2. Bought MUD FLAP, ZEST MATS, CAR CARE KIT and ORANGE PERFUME as accessories for Rs. 3227.
3. Mud inside engine bay issue seems to rectified on all variants and if not, TAT has made it mandatory for the dealers during the first service to install the corrective KIT.
4. "333" confidence not available after DEC, 2014.
5. Prices to go up by at least 30 K after DEC, 2014 and with launch of BOLT.