Ford Fiesta 2014 Ownership Review: Baby Aston Comes Home

Thread Starter #1
History
The need of the second car started in way back 2009. When i passed my 12th class dad promised me to buy me a bike i was inclined on R15 but dad rejected that because it looked like a toy bike to him so after lot of pursuing he finally agreed for fazer, i was very happy and it was decided that i would get bike on my 18th birthday i.e; 1st jan 2010. Finally the month of december came i was very very happy, i would be getting a bike soon . So on one sunday as usual i was going thru classifieds in the newspaper and one ad caught my eye a 2000 zen with CNG was being sold buy someone for 80k , fazer was also around 80k . That night i went to bed and kept thinking about that zen we had own one in past and i really liked the car ,both car and bike had benefits but then buying car made more sense. Next morning i woke up and did chat with dad about the zen ad i saw to which he agreed, then the search begin for a used zen it was quite frustrating 5 months passed and still we didnt found the perfect car then one fine day dad received transfer order to gujrat so the plan for the car was dropped with a heavy heart but then there was a bit excitement too as now i will get my dad's car that he bought in 2006 Indigo Glx Petrol i really enjoyed driving her she never let us down . On long journeys she was very comfy years passed and in 2011 we installed a cng kit in her as the petrol prices were rising and the low fuel efficiency it was costly to drive it daily basis . Then in 2013 dad finally got transfer in delhi yay!. And the need for second car emerged . The main requirement was to get a car with better handling , more power than indigo , quality interior black or dark shade as indigo already had beige interior, meanwhile many enthusiasts car were launched yupiee Punto 90hp , linea , polo , rapid , vento , fiesta , civic , cruze , laura vRS , jetta .
IMG_2508.JPG
So it was decided that we will buy car on my parents 25th anniversary
The first choice was civic but later dropped because honda stopped production and no diesel motor available .
So started looking for a car. Ventured into different territories.
CARS considered
1) Punto : really like the car had driven 2012 model it is an awesome car space is less at the back but it was not an issue for us as for space we have indigo also in our family of 4 , two are slim and two are fat so not a big issue .what let down was interior quality but it was not a deal breaker. The main reason why we didn't opt for punto were
a) TATA A$$ though they are improving day after day but still , theres a lot of area left for improvement.
b) 2014 Facelift Punto i didn't like that face though interiors are nice but the exteriors were let down
And finally left punto with a heavy heart

2) Polo : nice car good interior GT was in budget but after driving punto it was very difficult for me to go for another hatch.

3) Linena : Took Td liked the car but then rejected her for the same reason we rejected punto

4) Vento : I like this car too . But didn't wanted the beige interior. But since it fulfilled other requirements we kept her in the list of maybe

5) City i-Dtec : Top variant was in budget had almost all the goodies a great car was very confused between city and fiesta but then back to back Test Drive helped in making the right decision the main reason that i left city was beige interiors , looks ( Everyone has different opinions ) i preferred the clear side profile of the car it replaced however its a great family car if we were in the market for an indigo replacement rather than a drivers car we might have bought city.

6) Verna : The most powerful car in the segment . Exteriors and interiors are good too but lacked handling.

7) Cruze : Was amazed by the performance of this car , the interiors were good . Was beautiful inside out what let down was that LTZ was out of the budget , and low fuel efficiency . LT was in budget . But left her basically due to low fuel efficiency and high maintenance costs . Even LT was loaded with features maybe will buy a car of this segment after i get a job.

8) Octavia / Rapid : No skoda for me had read enough horror stories about them. Everyone i asked about the car told me to stay away from skoda also they were not offering 5year warranty on Octavia like they did for rapid.

9) Elantra : same reason as verna

10) Safari Storme : Well i didn't notice much about drivability of safari as during the TD only i made my mind that i would not buy this car .Not because of interiors , exteriors, features , A$$ but for the size .I was struck in the traffic jam during the TD and it was quite a pain.

11) Fiesta : Had seen the in auto expo fell in love with her at that moment only. Went to take TD of the 2014 model model but the TD vehicle was not available with them . Then a friend came to rescue lend me his 2012 fiesta to drive. And it was decided that car i need is fiesta

12) BMW 320d (Used) : was offered this while i was looking for used cruze . Left high maintenance if was looking for a car to own for 1-2 year then i would have bought this beauty.

13) Fortuner (Used) : same reason i left safari

So finally we booked Fiesta titanium in white colour from harpreet ford on 12th july ( 25th anniversary of parents )and got delivery on 15th July . They also bought us a cake as it was dad's birthday that was a surprise .
There was no discount on car and no freebies.

The on-road price came around 10,8x,xxx .
Things that i miss in car
1) Sunroof
2) leather seat
Add ons
1) 3D mats bought for 900INR from kashmere gate
Planned
1) Seat covers

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

i didn't drove her much only 400kms things that i noticed
Positives:
1) Noise Insulation is good but still some engine noise manages to find way in cabin
2) Handles very well light steering helps a lot while driving in traffic and it weights up as the speed increases.
3) Voice control works well and understand Indian accent.
4) Side mirrors fold in/out when car is locked/unlocked
Negatives:
1) Power window controls are far back.
2) The antenna came up by its own? Dosent goes back in even when i turn off the stereo will get it checked on 1st service.:frown:
3) Rear seat isn't spacious, a significant disadvantage of the Fiesta.

Friends call her aston martin so decided to name her baby aston:stupid:
I will let the pictures do rest of the talking questions and suggestions are welcome

Dashboard
IMG_2287.JPG

Boot increase lenght of the tail lamps have improved the looks than pre-facelift.
IMG_2302.JPG

Leg room left after the front seat is positioned according to my driving position
IMG_2286.JPG

Cover
IMG_2300.JPG

Spare wheel is not alloy
IMG_2296.JPG
smaller size 175/65R14 , Dont go above 80Kmph warning!

Alloy wheel
IMG_2304.JPG
Size 195/60R15

Audio controls at steering . Voice control button at the centre.
IMG_2452.JPG
Voice control works very well

Cruise control , helps a lot on highways.
IMG_2454.JPG

Center console, comes in piano black in titanium for other its silver i guess
IMG_2455.JPG

Will post more soon. .

350Z

Core Team
History
The need of the second car started in way back 2009. When i passed my 12th class dad promised me to buy me a bike i was inclined on R15 but dad rejected that because it looked like a toy bike to him so after lot of pursuing he finally agreed for fazer, i was very happy and it was decided that i would get bike on my 18th birthday i.e; 1st jan 2010. Finally the month of december came i was very very happy, i would be getting a bike soon . So on one sunday as usual i was going thru classifieds in the newspaper and one ad caught my eye a 2000 zen with CNG was being sold buy someone for 80k , fazer was also around 80k . That night i went to bed and kept thinking about that zen we had own one in past and i really liked the car ,both car and bike had benefits but then buying car made more sense. Next morning i woke up and did chat with dad about the zen ad i saw to which he agreed, then the search begin for a used zen it was quite frustrating 5 months passed and still we didnt found the perfect car then one fine day dad received transfer order to gujrat so the plan for the car was dropped with a heavy heart but then there was a bit excitement too as now i will get my dad's car that he bought in 2006 Indigo Glx Petrol i really enjoyed driving her she never let us down . On long journeys she was very comfy years passed and in 2011 we installed a cng kit in her as the petrol prices were rising and the low fuel efficiency it was costly to drive it daily basis . Then in 2013 dad finally got transfer in delhi yay!. And the need for second car emerged . The main requirement was to get a car with better handling , more power than indigo , quality interior black or dark shade as indigo already had beige interior, meanwhile many enthusiasts car were launched yupiee Punto 90hp , linea , polo , rapid , vento , fiesta , civic , cruze , laura vRS , jetta
Some wise man rightly said, whatever happens, happens for good. Now wouldn't you agree? [thumbswink]

Congrats once again for choosing this brilliant piece of machine. Keep us posted on the mileage figures + maintenance costs.

The antenna came up by its own? Dosent goes back in even when i turn off the stereo will get it checked on 1st service.
The antenna is detachable. It can be manually removed if the car needs to be covered.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Superb buying choices out there and great to know that @Bump_That had proper test drive of most cars before buying, just like me, I too drive every car even though I know I wont be taking some, over all experience is the master of all knowledge

Have a great ride and nice and sweet story of yours, do keep the thread updated[clap]

Congrats for your new fiesta Bump_that, this fiesta looks good for sure and the cream white color gels superbly well with the car.

Are those foot lamps? They have added a nice touch, anyway im curious to see them when they are lit in the dark.

Please update some photos and some more first hand experience.

Have a safe and happy motoring.

Thread Starter #6
Some wise man rightly said, whatever happens, happens for good. Now wouldn't you agree? [thumbswink]

Congrats once again for choosing this brilliant piece of machine. Keep us posted on the mileage figures + maintenance costs.

The antenna is detachable. It can be manually removed if the car needs to be covered.

Drive Safe,
350Z
That's absolutely right. Thanks a lot sir antenna problem is solved too your advice worked.

Appreciate your ownership thread [clap]. Please let us know about the ground clearance. Is it adequate ? Did it scrape the bumps anytime ?
thanks sir , i will let you know as i have not encountered any rough patch yet. On speed breakers i usually slow down i think GC won't give much trouble at least in city.

Superb buying choices out there and great to know that @Bump_That had proper test drive of most cars before buying, just like me, I too drive every car even though I know I wont be taking some, over all experience is the master of all knowledge

Have a great ride and nice and sweet story of yours, do keep the thread updated
thanks dude. will update regularly

Congrats for your new fiesta Bump_that, this fiesta looks good for sure and the cream white color gels superbly well with the car.

Are those foot lamps? They have added a nice touch, anyway im curious to see them when they are lit in the dark.

Please update some photos and some more first hand experience.

Have a safe and happy motoring.
thankyou sir , yes they are foot lamps. will post night photos soon.

Thread Starter #7
Contd. . . . . .
Buttons to dial number
IMG_2458.JPG

buttons to choose different mods
IMG_2459.JPG

Climate control , below that card holder can hold 2 cards
IMG_2462.JPG

Orange LEDs for ambient lighting
IMG_2467.JPG

Driver side vanity mirror
IMG_2468.JPG

Passenger side vanity mirror
IMG_2469.JPG

tweeter
IMG_2472.JPG

joystick type knob for adjusting side mirrors , Push it down to fold in/out rotate to left / right and adjust
IMG_2474.JPG

5 - Speed manual
IMG_2479.JPG

Start/stop button . Press clutch then press this button to start the engine ,press it without clutch to access music , window , fan controls
IMG_2480.JPG

Thread Starter #8
Contd. . . . .

fiesta branding on boot mat
IMG_2295.JPG

funky mudflap
IMG_2310.JPG

Ford EcoMode feedback
IMG_2456.JPG

current driving position
IMG_2477.JPG

Display while playing audio via bluetooth
IMG_2482.JPG

Menu
IMG_2485.JPG

Vehicle settings
IMG_2486.JPG

12v Socket with usb , aux and SYNC Microsoft logo
IMG_2495.JPG

Steering wheel
IMG_2497.JPG

View from passenger side
IMG_2506.JPG

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
Contd. . . . .
Bulb for the ambient lighting in the footwells
IMG_2509.JPG

The ambient lighting in the footwells
IMG_2529.JPG

Puddle lamps ,These lights activate when you lock / unlock the car along with parking lights
IMG_2527.JPG

Puddle lamp view from a distance helps to illumintae the ground too.
IMG_2528.JPG

power window controls , Only driver side get one touch down .
IMG_2533.JPG

Press clutch to start
IMG_2536.JPG

speedo , rpm and mid
IMG_2532.JPG

control knob for the headlights. "A" is for automatic headlamps , the right knob adjusts the brightness level on the instrument console press the button to turn on/off fog lamps . Left knob is to adjust the level of the headlamps press the button for rear fog lamps.
IMG_2563.JPG

Fiesta
IMG_2518.JPG

Wow! Never knew it had so many features. Thanks for putting up such a detailed review. Some are small features like the adjustment of the console brightness but that makes it unique. That dashboard looks awesome! Were these features available in the earlier model or has it been added to this current version?

Wow, you portrayed your ride really well sir! Quenching my thirst for pictures. I really loved the outside rear view mirror lights when lit up at night as well as ambient lighting inside. But a small a advice bump_that,which you might not be knowing. Especially the battery of the Ford is a high performance one from motorcraft. But if you turn on the electricals without turning on the engine for the sake of listening to music. Apart from the music system many other sensors in your car will get activated there by draining out the battery soon. Half hour is sufficient to drain the battery. I have already seen this in a Ford vehicle and also in BMW 525d. Technologically advanced cars, they need power for the sensors, ecu and other systems. So its always better to turn on the engine while using such stuff.

Last edited:
Wow, the night pics looks great bro, the interior Fiesta,Verna and Linea are in a league of their own when it comes to stylish interior lighting, most other brands shave some basic and straight forward but uninspiring looks, Fiesta looks ages ahead, just like the cock pit of some space craft from future

Also for how much time will the puddle lamps be ON when the unlock button is pressed, will it be ON till we open the door?
Also when car is switched off when blue tooth is paired will the pairing lost , like if we accidentally stall the car while in traffic with the phone paired, when we crank again will it ask for pairing "bluetooth device" ?

Thread Starter #15
Congrats!. It really looks like a white baby aston martin btw. Have safe and fun drive. Please post night ambient light shots if possible.
Thanks man .

footwell and console lights on
IMG_2569.JPG

footwell lights on console lights off
IMG_2570.JPG

passenger side view
IMG_2571.JPG

Were these features available in the earlier model or has it been added to this current

version?
Thanks sir , puddle lamps , automatic headlamps , console dimming, key less entry , start/stop button ,rain sensing wipers are the addons in 2014 Fiesta.

So its always better to turn on the engine while

using such stuff.
Thanks a lot for the advice . I will make sure that engine is running when i used accessory mode.

Congrats for driving in the baby aston!
Wish you many a safe miles! Enjoy!
Thankyou sir .

Also for how much time will the puddle lamps be ON when the unlock button is pressed, will it be ON till we open the door?
Also when car is switched off when blue tooth is paired will the pairing lost , like if we accidentally stall the car while in traffic with the phone paired, when we crank

again will it ask for pairing "bluetooth device" ?
They lit up for a couple of seconds (5s-10s) when doors are locked / unlocked via key/sensor.Paring is not lost, just pair it once and you're done next time when you start the stereo it connects with your phone automatically there's no delay in that like my JVC in indigo take nearly 30seconds to pair again once u turn off-on , But in fiesta just turn the bluetooth ON in your phone step inside the car it will automatically connects with your phone.

Top Bottom