Hyundai Eon Era+: My Blue Beast Comes Home

Thread Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have tried using the guidelines for writing my experience with EON ERA+. Please pardon if the post has some unnecessary details as well.

I've always wanted a 4-wheeled beast that I can call my own. After years of saving up and months and months of research, finally one rainy drenched evening gave me the final push to go ahead and buy my first car i.e. Hyundai EON Era +

There were many cars which were in contention first being the Datsun Go, Maruti Suzuki Alto 800, Maruti Celerio, Hyundai EON. However, taking into consideration my tight budget (4Lakhs on road), need for good fuel efficiency and sporty design, it narrowed down to Alto 800 and the Hyundai EON. With lots of deliberation and inputs from fellow TAI-gers, parents and friends, I finally hedged towards the EON.

Then began the search for a decent dealership near my locality, and found two Advaith and Trident. I visited the Trident dealership at Sankey Road, Bangalore. The staff was very courteous asked me to have a look at the Vehicle upstairs while they send Sales Agent to attend me. The sales agent was decent enough to explain all the features and initially I decided to go for the Hyundai EON D-lite +. I was offered an upgrade to the EON ERA+ model at the same price which was 3.81L on-road. I had pretty much made up my mind on the ERA+ but wanted to try out the Alto800 as well.

Next stop was the Garuda Autocraft Maruti dealership, enquired about the Alto800 and the Alto K10. IMHO, I'm not too impressed by the age old design and interiors of the Alto K10, though it excels in performance. Alto 800 had a fresh look, still not much exciting in comparison with the EON in terms of looks. I was offered a deal of 3.67L on the Alto800 Lxi model.
That been done, after some thought and discussions, I booked a test drive of the EON. I have very little driving knowledge and just managed to get a DL in college days but never drove a car thereafter. So, I wanted the car to be easy to maneuver, which the EON gave me, the power-steering was very light even on crawling speeds and the engine felt peppy on the road, so I decided to go for the EON itself and didn't book the Alto800 test drive.

So final decision was:
Hyundai EON Era+
On-road 3.81L , extended warranty 2k odd, 0% depreciation on insurance 1300/- odd

Paid Accessories: 13k
Art Leather Seat covers, Door scuff, Car cover, Key-less entry, LORVM.

Freebies(Supposedly): found somehow the cost was adjusted within the 13k in the invoice
Mats, Mudflaps, Steering Grip, Perfume, Mobile charger, Idol.

Overall the booking experience with the Trident guys was good. I got the registration number before the delivery date and the Sales Agent promptly notified me regarding the same along . Also, he sent me the VIN before the car was sent for registration. Finally the day arrived, 26th July(many might know it as the day Mumbai was flooded heavily back in 2005) was the delivery date. I reached the dealership along with my friend who was supposed to safely drive the car home, as I'm taking driving lessons to refresh up my rusty driving skill. Finally all the invoices, Road tax invoice, free service coupons, Car manual, Insurance Cover letter, etc. was handed over; PDI done (wouldn't go into the details, I used the PDI checklist as it is); puja done by the dealership for the car, pictures taken. Brought the car home with my friend's help and this concludes my overall experience of buying the car.
20140726_162702.jpg

Section 2
Exteriors and design:
Design and the exterior sporty look is one of the things why I went for the Hyundai EON. In comparison the Alto 800 had the more contemporary looks though updated from the old box-like-utility designs from the Maruti cars with a few sporty lines along the sides, it still has a bit of catching up to do in terms of overall looks IMHO.

10465459_935427896484008_5295203925761943045_o.jpg
10497849_935428679817263_836519310480274705_o.jpg
10507097_935428766483921_2212690378000462898_o.jpg
10547064_935428759817255_7888377971669252067_o.jpg

Interiors & Features:
10497033_935427666484031_4280719699110656911_o.jpg

The overall interiors give a premium feel with the two tone beige color scheme. My friend who rode the EON home for me owns a beat and as per his opinion the interiors inspire somewhat a feel of the beat which I thought was a big complement simply because of the price segment difference between the two, beat being the more premium of the two. Plastics felt good comparable to the quality of the swift back home my parents own. A/C was pretty effective at fan speed 1, considering the pleasant Bangalore climate wouldn't need to go beyond speed 2, I believe. The space was decent enough for me in terms of the leg room without much adjustment. Although I think it can seat only 2 at the back comfortably if the passengers have medium to bulky physique, 3 can squeeze in but I wouldn't want to sit back with 2 others on a long trip. Ingress and Egress is comfortable for me in the EON, I really had a tough time with Dad's old Maruti Zen due to my bulky physique, Alto 800 has good GC but still a little low for my liking.
Engine and performance:
3 cylinder 814cc petrol engine, 5 speed MT, 74NM torque, ARAI claimed mileage 21.1kmpl, will calculate and update the actuals once I get the hang of driving correctly and efficiently. One more thing is that I didn't find any vibration of the gear lever as was pointed out in earlier reviews, I believe Hyundai has rectified it and thankful for that.
Ride and handling:
I have driven it only for a couple of kms but I find the seating position pretty good with decent road visibilty, though I struggled with the blindspot during turns. At city speeds the noise is kind of nonexistent, haven't really had a ride on the highway so would keep that on hold. Steering was pretty light at crawling speeds as well so I'm happy with that. The one thing I struggled was while reversing and parking, the rear visibility is poor for my liking, maybe I'd want to invest in parking sensors or reverse cameras.

Modifications planned:
Getting my ride ICEd. Already have ordered Music system, which is the basic HU and 4 speaker system from Snapdeal, awaiting delivery. Sony DSX A35U head unit (Rs.3008/-), Blaupunkt GTx542 DE 2-way co-axial (Rs.1342/-) front speakers, JBL GTO-949 3-way coaxial (Rs.3280/-) rear speakers.
Next modification planned is after a couple of months when I've become good enough at driving to decide if I'd still want to go for a reverse parking sensor or be better off with human judgment.

I'll post the updates once the first service is completed.

Re: Hyundai EON ERA+ : My Blue Beast comes home

Congrats for your new ride. Color look awesome. Adding wheel caps will fulfill your car looks. Happy miles.

Hyundai EON ERA+ : My Blue Beast comes home

Congratulations on owing cute little EON. Nice short review. Enjoy safe driving.

Congrats Bro.. Have a safe ride [:)]

Very Nice pics & editing I have same colour & it looks really cool

If you really want to enhance eon's tall boy look, I suggest a roof rail if you like them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Next modification planned is after a couple of months when I've become good enough at driving to decide if I'd still want to go for a reverse parking sensor or be better off with human judgment.
I suggest you to install parking sensor its a very good device for newbies.

Thread Starter #11
Congrats on your new buy , what happened to the ICE installation ?
I'm still waiting for one of my speaker sets Blaupunkt (front); as per the tracking site, they have processed the order but still it's not shipped as yet due to some issues[frustration]. HU and rear speakers have been delivered.

I'm searching for the parking sensors as well, but not sure which one to go for, how much should I allot for that?

If you really want to enhance eon's tall boy look, I suggest a roof rail if you like them.
I'll probably add them at a later stage 3-4 months down the line. Just out of curiosity at the moment, roughly how much cash would the wheel caps and roof rails set me back.

Thanks everyone for the compliments, even I lost my heart to the blue one at first sight.
I'll keep this thread updated[:)]

Many congratulations Nick. The blue color looks amazing. Wish you a very happy and safe million miles. List of accessories are endless and each one's choice is different. Any reason why you did not opt for JBL speakers for the front too.

Thread Starter #13
Many congratulations Nick. The blue color looks amazing. Wish you a very happy and safe million miles. List of accessories are endless and each one's choice is different. Any reason why you did not opt for JBL speakers for the front too.
My friend had the Blaupunkt ones and I quite liked the performance, as he didn't go for any rear speakers.
All said & done, the snapdeal guys have cancelled the order for blaupunkt due to stock issues. So, I'm planning to go with JBL GTO CS5. Please let me know if that's a good option.

^^ Sad to know about non delivery. Yes you can go for JBL GTO CS5. For Rear parking sensors go for Auto Cop brand with 2 years warranty.

Thread Starter #15
^^ Sad to know about non delivery. Yes you can go for JBL GTO CS5. For Rear parking sensors go for Auto Cop brand with 2 years warranty.
I did order the JBL CS-5 from Snapdeal, this time from another seller. However, the result is same[sad]. My order was cancelled again[frustration] after 5 days of ordering the speakers. I'm not sure what to do this time. Probably would go and buy it at an Auto Shop.

Top Bottom