Punto : My Highway Mile Muncher.

Thread Starter #1
hi guys, today about to reveal some strong points about our punto.
before punto we had number of cars, starting wtih,

1. M800
2. opel corsa
3. mitsubishi lancer
4. deawoo ceilo
5. honda city.

my last car was honda city, to give the hint about my usage, i used 6000 kms in 5 years. it was the era when sometime i take about month to crank the engine.
going to highway was bearly minimal. hardly i used her 500 kms on highway overall in 5 years. but she served me well.

coming to punto again its something that loves the highway. as we all know the ride is so flat and compliant that we can spend entire day in the car hovering from one city to another.

Also i want to question one more point. how any one can know what would be the monthly usage of the car, no one knows what is coming next.

List of trips so far :

1. Rajkot-Chotila : 100 kms, during run in, mileage - 22 kmpl (as on MID)

2. Rajkot-morbi : 150 kms, also during run in, mileage - 23.5 (as on MID)

3. Rajkot- bhavnagar : approx 380 kms, dont remembered about mileage, but yes, pathetic roads.

4. Rajkot- junagadh: 200 kms, was in pedal to metal mode, mileage taken the hit, 18.5 only.

5. Rajkot -ahmedabad : 500kms, beautifull road, NH 8, mileage didn't remebered.

6. Rajkot- Udaipur (rajasthan) : 1300 kms, winding ghats lets you forget everything else, this was the dream come true, best roads between ahmedabad to rajasthan border, after that the roads have bit more patches. mileage - approx. 20.2.

7. Rajkot - Ahmedabad (again) : 500+ kms, it was the best trip so far, completed 200 kms in just 2:21 hrs. Avg speed camed 90 kmph, though got the scratch on the rear bumber due to rickshaw, though not his; nor my fault, first time faced immensed rain on highway,mileage - 17+

8. Rajkot- jamnagar : 200 kms, & this was the breathtaking trip so far, not for me, but for the passengers, hovering at 120+ on the best and properly paveled piece of tarmac, mileage- 17.5 with 5 persons on board with boot full of luggage.

9. Rajkot- Mumbai : 1660 kms, this was the dream come true, first time hitting 140 kmph on ahmbd.-vadodra expressway, and there is the grin factor on the face while overtaking the audi and the guys continously staring at us thinking which hatch is that faster than us ? mileage-18.6

10. Rajkot-Ahmedabad(again) : 478 kms, this time i was slow, maintaining the speed between 80 to 100, while going mileage shown 22, while coming back after bumper to bumper trafic mileage stays at 21.2 kmpl.

& To Be Continued.......

The trips done within the span of 6 months, and also planning for punjab trip in near future,

the odo stands at 6760 kms out of which 5468 kms used on highway.
coming back to purchase, my parents also tell me that we have the limited use, just buy some petrol car, but it was only my concern to buy punto, i almost waited about 6 months to buy punto, but Its Worth it !

From 1991 kms i filled total 238 liters of fuel,

even our neighbours call that mine car is either in parking lot or on highway.

Overall, Its About More Smiles Per Miles.

some snaps.

snap details
1. while returning from ahmedabad last trip
2. at home, after mumbai trip
3. at udaipur.

sorry cant upload more pics as the limit is 1 mb

Attachments

Last edited:
vicky, many congratulations on your italia beauty.Fiat is what one purchases from heart and shows on your ownership too.Some real good run you had with your ownership on highways.
Good to see another gujju in here.[:D]
Enjoy your ride and keep posting your ownership experience.
What were the offers you could get on your punto?

Many congrats for your Punto. Its one of the hatch backs which gives you a tank like feeling. Wish you lacs of happy miles!

Hey, Congratulations for the hot hatch wish you many more miles with it btw i am from Ahmedabad and my college is in Rajkot 25th July i would be in Rajkot we can have a TAI Meet PM me your Number if you are ok with it :)

Thread Starter #9
vicky, many congratulations on your italia beauty.Fiat is what one purchases from heart and shows on your ownership too.Some real good run you had with your ownership on highways.
Good to see another gujju in here.[:D]
Enjoy your ride and keep posting your ownership experience.
What were the offers you could get on your punto?
thanks vijay, yes you are right, this selection was totally based on the heart,
will keep you guys updated with lot more pics.
as far as offer, i got the good deal in the month of december, the OTR camed for 5.35 lacs including the remote lock. also for this deal i have to follow up pride fiat for more than 2 months.
thanks.

Hi,
Congratulations on joining FIAT family with your lovable Punto. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.
thanks amylovers.

Congrats on your Punto, wish you many happy miles ahead. Punto is a real highway mile cruncher.
yes anshuman, punto is serious mile mucher, thanks
Many congrats for your Punto. Its one of the hatch backs which gives you a tank like feeling. Wish you lacs of happy miles!
right akash, the tank like feeling is so addictive that once in bombay i sat in bro's dzire, i was so surprise by that tiny sort of feeling while shuting the door.
same tiny feeling continous i10.

Congrats on your Punto. It is one of the best looking hatch-backs in India. I owned one for 2 years and it was a top highway performer.
yes bro. no doubts in that, even the facelift punto doesn't look as good as this one

Hey, Congratulations for the hot hatch wish you many more miles with it btw i am from Ahmedabad and my college is in Rajkot 25th July i would be in Rajkot we can have a TAI Meet PM me your Number if you are ok with it :)
yes sure bro. check your inbox, sent you my no.
do mention when you call that you are from tai.
cheers.
thanks.

Congratulation !!! Please share more photos and your ownership experience.
sure pankaj, i was about to put more photos but the only issue is that we can only upload file size of less than 1 mb.
i will compress images next time.
cheers.

Thread Starter #10
hello folks,
first of all sorry for the late posting

i did the diy project of remaping my car,
the car got new changed and improved character,
did remap at 7.5 k kms and the odo reads 12.2 k kms today.
enjoyed every km of remaped punto, specially in city.
eliminating the turbo lag, the car became quick and responsive.
it starts building up speed early at 1500 rpm and full turbo boost at 2200 rpm,
the turbo kick clearly felt at around 1800 and 2200 rpms where u pushed backed in seats.
i will sure reckon a remap for fiat owners[:)]

total no. of trips total up to 17.

last was today to junagadh,
last week to bombay.
in short time will be completing 1 year of ownership on 18 jan

the first two pics are with fellow TFI member vishnu.

thanks
vicky

Attachments

Thread Starter #11
hello foks
sorry for longish break in updating
car's odo stands on 37.7k kms
upgraded the tyres on 34k kms to falken 185/70/r14.
costing 14k bucks, finally left pulling issue has been sorted post tyre upgrade.
did approx 33 trips

cheers
vicky

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Do you have any maintenance bill for your car ? If yes please upload it here. Any other member reading please paste a link if you have some information.

Thread Starter #13
Do you have any maintenance bill for your car ? If yes please upload it here. Any other member reading please paste a link if you have some information.
well i dont have the pic of bill handy, but here is the break up cost of servicing

1st service : 0 rupees
2nd service : 4851/- odd bucks
3rd service : 3275/- (though fluids were not changed, and engine oil was provided by me)
if we add the charges of fluids, which is essectial for 30k service, it will simply add up 4-4.5k odd bucks

hope this helps

vicky

Top Bottom