I bought new Nissan Terrano 110 XVD Premium on 29th June from Shahwar Nissan, Bangalore. Feels absolutely amazing
My impressions so far are: 1) About Delivery
Delivery was as promised with ODOmeter showing 24 kms. No undue waits. But Shahwar Nissan had stuck something on left hand side of the windshield and then removed it (Probably for registration - Any idea what it could be?). But the gum that was used is still on windshield and I did not observe it during delivery. I am not able to remove it with shampoo/Colgene. I complained to Shahwar Nissan and they asked me to get it to showroom to remove it. So far have found no time to do it. 2) About the Car and Ride
I bought Bronze Grey color and the car looks smashing. Positives
Not so good
- Smashing looks, Amazing Alloys
- Cumfy Leather seats
- Amazing ride and handling
- Superb Noise insulation
- Very good Audio - I had expected average sound quality based on reviews but sound quality is excellent.
- I came across many reviews about turbo lag in 110 compared to 85. I guess you just need to get used to 110 driving style and is absolutely no extra effort to drive in city.
- Amazing 6th gear. It just cruises in 6th gear. I drive on outer ring road and leave early in the morning at 6.30 AM and often use 6th gear. It just glides at 90 KM speed with less than 1500 RPM
- The overall build quality is not as strong as I expected it to be. I was owning Ford Fiesta before and the doors, mirrors and overall build quality in Fiesta was sturdier.
- No driver arm rest. You really feel the need for driver arm rest in this Car.
- Flimsy controls for AC , Head light etc.
- The gap between Clutch and Break is very narrow which matters in hard breaking situation; could have been a bit wider
- Rudimentary control for driver seat height adjustment; so far not found the perfect position to drive.
- Prominent wind noise even at speeds of 80-100 KMs
3) Accessories added:
- Rear Spoiler
- Caska Entertainment system
- Water resistant Body Cover
The Caska Entertainment system comes with DVD video, GPS and reverse camera. The OEM
system that came with the Terrano was given to me after I asked for it and Shahwar Nissan claimed that even if it was fitted again features like Bluetooth would not work.
I had service issue with Caska soon after. I did a basic check before delivery and everything seemed to work. But when I went home, I checked that USB and microphone for Bluetooth (The other person speaking to me could not hear me but I could hear himwell over the bluetooth) was not working.
Caska took 3 days to send a technician after repeated calls and Caska absolutely has no time sense you have to be ready whole day for them to come. (When I called the technician at 11 AM on third day he complained that he was sleeping!).
On the third day technician fixed the USB issue but had no idea about microphone ( I had to show him how to use the system). Finally after I fought with Caska, they agreed to replace the system on 6th day. Same technician arrives at 5 PM (after repeated calls to him, Customer support and Sales Head) after promising to come at 11 AM and finally replaces the system.
But on a positive note, everything seems to be working fine after the replacement and I am happy with system itself but had bitter experience with Caska service already.