My New Nissan Terrano 110 XVD Premium

Thread Starter #1
Hi

I bought new Nissan Terrano 110 XVD Premium on 29th June from Shahwar Nissan, Bangalore. Feels absolutely amazing [:D]

My impressions so far are:

1) About Delivery
Delivery was as promised with ODOmeter showing 24 kms. No undue waits. But Shahwar Nissan had stuck something on left hand side of the windshield and then removed it (Probably for registration - Any idea what it could be?). But the gum that was used is still on windshield and I did not observe it during delivery. I am not able to remove it with shampoo/Colgene. I complained to Shahwar Nissan and they asked me to get it to showroom to remove it. So far have found no time to do it.

2) About the Car and Ride
I bought Bronze Grey color and the car looks smashing.
Positives
  • Smashing looks, Amazing Alloys
  • Cumfy Leather seats
  • Amazing ride and handling
  • Superb Noise insulation
  • Very good Audio - I had expected average sound quality based on reviews but sound quality is excellent.
  • I came across many reviews about turbo lag in 110 compared to 85. I guess you just need to get used to 110 driving style and is absolutely no extra effort to drive in city.
  • Amazing 6th gear. It just cruises in 6th gear. I drive on outer ring road and leave early in the morning at 6.30 AM and often use 6th gear. It just glides at 90 KM speed with less than 1500 RPM

Not so good
  • The overall build quality is not as strong as I expected it to be. I was owning Ford Fiesta before and the doors, mirrors and overall build quality in Fiesta was sturdier.
  • No driver arm rest. You really feel the need for driver arm rest in this Car.
  • Flimsy controls for AC , Head light etc.
  • The gap between Clutch and Break is very narrow which matters in hard breaking situation; could have been a bit wider
  • Rudimentary control for driver seat height adjustment; so far not found the perfect position to drive.
  • Prominent wind noise even at speeds of 80-100 KMs

3) Accessories added:
  • Rear Spoiler
  • Caska Entertainment system
  • Water resistant Body Cover

The Caska Entertainment system comes with DVD video, GPS and reverse camera. The OEM system that came with the Terrano was given to me after I asked for it and Shahwar Nissan claimed that even if it was fitted again features like Bluetooth would not work.
I had service issue with Caska soon after. I did a basic check before delivery and everything seemed to work. But when I went home, I checked that USB and microphone for Bluetooth (The other person speaking to me could not hear me but I could hear himwell over the bluetooth) was not working.
Caska took 3 days to send a technician after repeated calls and Caska absolutely has no time sense you have to be ready whole day for them to come. (When I called the technician at 11 AM on third day he complained that he was sleeping!).
On the third day technician fixed the USB issue but had no idea about microphone ( I had to show him how to use the system). Finally after I fought with Caska, they agreed to replace the system on 6th day. Same technician arrives at 5 PM (after repeated calls to him, Customer support and Sales Head) after promising to come at 11 AM and finally replaces the system.

But on a positive note, everything seems to be working fine after the replacement and I am happy with system itself but had bitter experience with Caska service already.

Last edited:
welcome to the forum firstly srini, nice short review, however please add photographs to your post above - it will be nice to see your beauty in and out!

Nice to have a terrano onboard, i am really perplexed we dont have much terrano/duster ownership reviews on TAI. Please keep the thread udated, wish you many many safe miles!

Congrats Srini!
Terrano is good car to have in your garage. Please post some more picture from under the hood, some on interiors, some from below the car etc.

Most important put DIESEL mark on the fuel opener.

Have you done some coating on engine, body and underbody.

Congratulations Mr. Srinivas for the car and the first review. As a co-rider of your car, I am sure i can only confirm everything that you mentioned in the above review. Safe driving... [;)]

Thread Starter #6
Congrats Srini!
Terrano is good car to have in your garage. Please post some more picture from under the hood, some on interiors, some from below the car etc.

Most important put DIESEL mark on the fuel opener.

Have you done some coating on engine, body and underbody.
Thanks Amit [:)] I will post more pictures during the week end.
I have not done any coating. My personal feeling is that it is not useful.

Congratulations Mr. Srinivas for the car and the first review. As a co-rider of your car, I am sure i can only confirm everything that you mentioned in the above review. Safe driving... [;)]
Thanks Mr. Johnson [:)] May be you could be the first one to write ownership thread for Mobilio.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #7
It's already 16 days since I bought my Terrano and I must say that I am pretty happy with it:

• Mileage is showing as 12.9 KM/L (Shown by Car; not measured by me). Can't complain [:)] with only City driving with AC always on so far and I guess it will improve further.
  • I feel the gear shift is little hard (Not the clutch; gear shift itself). Not sure if other Terrano/Duster owners felt the same.

Here are some more pictures of my Terrano:

1) Better picture of the front View
2) Side view
3) Inside the Car .. Check the Caska system with movie running!
4) Plush Leather Seats
5) Front Door. Check out the zebra wood finish available with XVD premium. Really look premium!
6) Rear Seats
7) Stunning Alloy
8) Boot Open. Plenty of Space. I wish Terrano had given more leg room for the rear seat and reduced the boot a bit which would have been more useful.
9) Under the hood. Lift the Bonnet slightly and the lever automatically lifts it and holds the Bonnet!

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
I bought new Nissan Terrano 110 XVD Premium on 29th June from Shahwar Nissan, Bangalore. Feels absolutely amazing
Glad to have a Nissan Terrano owner on board. It's anytime a better alternative to Duster if the high price tag is overlooked. How much did it cost you on-road?

Keep us updated on maintenance costs as well as aftersales experience. Nissan is strongly focusing on this aspect. It's better to know reality straight from the owner.

Congratulations Mr. Srinivas for the car and the first review. As a co-rider of your car, I am sure i can only confirm everything that you mentioned in the above review. Safe driving.
Thanks Mr. Johnson. May be you could be the first one to write ownership thread for Mobilio.
Congrats! It'd be exciting to read a first-hand ownership review of Mobilio. Please update us in this thread: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ing-maruti-ertiga-rival-named-mobilio-17.html.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Welcome to TAI and Congrats on Terrano. Wish you many happy miles ahead.
Is the Caska system an OEM provided one or you got it separately ?

The Car looks fantastic. The OEM Alloys matches very well with the car profile. Can you comment on the city drive-ability? This car is a tad pricier than the Renault Duster I guess. Is there any specific reason why you did not go for the Duster?

Since it is a mile cruncher, do take it up on highways quite often. Congrats on your new buy. [clap]

Thread Starter #13
Glad to have a Nissan Terrano owner on board. It's anytime a better alternative to Duster if the high price tag is overlooked. How much did it cost you on-road?

Keep us updated on maintenance costs as well as aftersales experience. Nissan is strongly focusing on this aspect. It's better to know reality straight from the owner.

Congrats! It'd be exciting to read a first-hand ownership review of Mobilio. Please update us in this thread: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ing-maruti-ertiga-rival-named-mobilio-17.html.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks 350Z [:)] . The ex-showroom price was 12.52 lakhs and on-road price was 15.56 lakhs. I got a corporate discount of 60K via the Car Lease company so ex-showroom became 11.92 lakhs. But in general Nissan is not offering any discount for Terrano and I have seen that the recent buyers of Terrano in other forums did not get any discounts.

Welcome to TAI and Congrats on Terrano. Wish you many happy miles ahead.
Is the Caska system an OEM provided one or you got it separately ?
Thanks Anshuman. Caska system is an additional accessory. I got it from the Car dealer itself (so that not to void any warranty) at a negotiated price of 34K with reverse camera.

The Car looks fantastic. The OEM Alloys matches very well with the car profile. Can you comment on the city drive-ability? This car is a tad pricier than the Renault Duster I guess. Is there any specific reason why you did not go for the Duster?

Since it is a mile cruncher, do take it up on highways quite often. Congrats on your new buy. [clap]
Thanks Charger91. City drive-ability is excellent. I do not find any major difference except for the harder gear shift compared to sedans. I have stopped slowing over small pot holes; you barely feel them plus you don't have the fear of scrapping your Car when you drive over crazy humps.

I did not like the exteriors and interiors of Duster. That was the major reason for me to go with Terrano. Plus, there are improvements in Terrano like higher quality sheet metal, better sound insulation, better audio, lesser turbo lag in 110 PS compared to Duster and superb alloys.

Congrats for your Terrano and it looks much better than duster IMO. Happy miles [clap]
Thanks Rakeshkn.

Hi,
Congratulations on your new Terrano. The interior door panels were very well designed.
Wow its shining nice, the Wood finish is superb.
Thanks Ambylovers. Ya interiors are pretty decent and I love the wood finish and chrome handle in the Door panel.

Thanks Charger91. City drive-ability is excellent. I do not find any major difference except for the harder gear shift compared to sedans. I have stopped slowing over small pot holes; you barely feel them plus you don't have the fear of scrapping your Car when you drive over crazy humps.

I did not like the exteriors and interiors of Duster. That was the major reason for me to go with Terrano. Plus, there are improvements in Terrano like higher quality sheet metal, better sound insulation, better audio, lesser turbo lag in 110 PS compared to Duster and superb alloys.
Exactly my point. Even I am not avid fan of the Duster design. Front end may look good to others but every time I see it, it feels quirky. Side domes bulges out pretty badly - need to be careful in city runs. Terrano looks way better and the refined looks are more welcome to the eye. [clap]

Thread Starter #15
Exactly my point. Even I am not avid fan of the Duster design. Front end may look good to others but every time I see it, it feels quirky. Side domes bulges out pretty badly - need to be careful in city runs. Terrano looks way better and the refined looks are more welcome to the eye. [clap]
Completely agree Charger91 though you need to live with the side dome bulges on Terrano as well but I have not found it as an issue. In addition to what I mentioned as improvement in Terrano compared to Duster, in Terrano there is speed sensing auto door locking which prevents anyone from outside opening the door. Also, when you get out of the Car by say opening the driver door, only that door gets unlocked. This is an important feature for country like India.

I saw that the Duster owners were cribbing about the lack of speed sensing door in the other forum which refuses to accept my membership request.

Top Bottom