My New Black Beauty: Swift Dzire ZXi

Thread Starter #1
Hi folks
After a long time I picked up a new car from the Suzuki stable. This time a Midnight Black Suzuki Dzire Zxi.
It was time for the Polo to retire, so the search began for a small car. I started my usual hunt on the internet. I started looking at various cars starting from the Indica vista right upto the B-class. Truly speaking I went gaga over the B-class Merc and wanted to pick that up. This was much against the wishes of everyone in my family. Their contention was, we already have a BMW then why another luxury car especially when it will be driven by our driver and not me. Moreover, I being out of the country most of the time, the BMW itself has clocked only 3000 kms till date. Anyways I still tested out the B-classs the 1 series and the Mini Cooper Couuntryman. We started the hunt on a Tuesday morning. Our hunt started at

Shaman Motors, Kalina - 10.45am
B-class - Most spacious, high seating position, no hump to hinder the person seating in the rear centre seat. Has almost all features as of the E-class. Shaman motors provided two test drives, one near my office in Powai and the other at BKC. I could push the speedometer as much as one could dare in the BKC road on a working day at 11am. My wife also was pleased with the car and would have been convinced about buying it, if I were to use it than the driver. The pickup was good, I tested the diesel model, as no petrol models were available for test drive. The had in stock a red colour petrol car and were ready to deliver within a week of payment. They also had some attractive finance schemes. Nevertheless we decided to explore further options

Infinity Motors, Worli - 1pm
The familiar faces there greeted me once again and straight away we took the 1 series for a spin. After the B-class ride, this was a rocket. Amazing pickup and fun to drive. Negatives were - less spacious and the centre hump. My wife liked the 1 series better and they had an orange colour car in stock. In the showroom they also had the new 3 series GT and man that was an amazing looking car. If I had the Vitamin-M, I would have definitely picked up the same. Anyways at close to 50L on-road, it remains unsold to me. Once again we came out of the showroom undecided.

My wife maintained her stand that being a second vehicle driven mostly by my driver, it is better to stick to standard sedans than go in for such expensive options. I gave in to her argument and then we continued our hunt

Next stop Ayra Honda, Prabhadevi - 3pm
We saw the Brio, Amaze and City and my wife's choice was Amaze. We took the automatic option for a test drive and I was happy with it's pickup and smooth drive. At 9.26L on road it was good choice. The only dislikes were No Auto A/c controls, dashboard was not to our liking and very flimsy door handles. Moreover, they had all colours except Black which was what we wanted. Came out of the showroom, almost decided on the Urban Titanium top end automatic model.

Final stop Spectra Motors, Chembur - 5pm
After dealer experiences in MB and BMW, this was like a typical Mumbai market area. Very crowded and the sales team were like parrot trained on explaining the features. Once my wife saw the Dzire, she said no further discussions, we will take this. The interiors were much better than the Amaze. Being a Maruti, it can be serviced anywhere and can be customised to our needs. Luckily they had one Black Zxi in stock. We paid 10K advance and booked the car. We also spoke to the RTO agent and blocked a choice no.

Next day (Wednesday), I made the balance payment (total OTR 748481/- Mumbai with octroi). The car was sent for registration etc and was ready on Friday evening (2 days flat). I refrained from taking any accessories from the showroom as I wanted to get everything done through a friend of mine who deals in auto accessories.

On Saturday morning, we took delivery of the car. There was the usual photo session and pooja. My wife commented that unlike BMW which made the delivery process such a nice event, here it was like an anti-climax. Even the documents related to the car was put in a paper envelop and given unlike others who normally give a proper folder at the very least.

Anyways, all in all it was a good buy. The same evening we went through the new Chembur-Santacruz link road as well as the Ghatkopar-VT freeway. The car's computer was showing an amazing 16.8kmpl which was in stark contrast to the 7.8kmpl usually seen on my Polo. I hope this will be the true average figures in future also.

Next day, I got some fittings done and also ordered a set of faux-leather upholstery in Plum red colour like the one on my earlier X1. Since I am abroad, I have not yet seen the final outcome. My wife clicked a few pictures on mobile and sent it to me. I have posted all the pictures below and would like a feedback from fellow TAINs.

Modifications done include
1. Front grill
2. Faux-leather upholstery
3. AVN system with navigation, reverse camera, Bluetooth etc
4. JBL speakers with cross overs

Other standard accessories
1. 3D Mats
2. Body undercoat
3. Teflon coat
4. Bumper protectors
5. Side strips
6. Door guards
7. Embossed numberplate

Attachments

Thread Starter #3
Re: My new Black Beauty

Thanks anshuman. I upgraded the HU as well as the speakers. I wanted a completed ICE with navigation, rear camera etc.

Congrats !!!!!!! Car looks super cool with those mesh grills...
Is it custom job done by mechanics & do they cut the usual plastic & fit them ?????

Thread Starter #5

Thanks Prad. The original grill is removed and replaced with this grill. I saw it done on a Red swift so got the same done for my car.

Hi folks
After a long time I picked up a new car from the Suzuki stable. This time a Midnight Black Suzuki Dzire Zxi.
It was time for the Polo to retire, so the search began for a small car. I started my usual hunt on the internet. I started looking at various cars starting from the Indica vista right upto the B-class. Truly speaking I went gaga over the B-class Merc and wanted to pick that up. This was much against the wishes of everyone in my family. Their contention was, we already have a BMW then why another luxury car especially when it will be driven by our driver and not me. Moreover, I being out of the country most of the time, the BMW itself has clocked only 3000 kms till date. Anyways I still tested out the B-classs the 1 series and the Mini Cooper Couuntryman. We started the hunt on a Tuesday morning. Our hunt started at

Shaman Motors, Kalina - 10.45am
B-class - Most spacious, high seating position, no hump to hinder the person seating in the rear centre seat. Has almost all features as of the E-class. Shaman motors provided two test drives, one near my office in Powai and the other at BKC. I could push the speedometer as much as one could dare in the BKC road on a working day at 11am. My wife also was pleased with the car and would have been convinced about buying it, if I were to use it than the driver. The pickup was good, I tested the diesel model, as no petrol models were available for test drive. The had in stock a red colour petrol car and were ready to deliver within a week of payment. They also had some attractive finance schemes. Nevertheless we decided to explore further options

Infinity Motors, Worli - 1pm
The familiar faces there greeted me once again and straight away we took the 1 series for a spin. After the B-class ride, this was a rocket. Amazing pickup and fun to drive. Negatives were - less spacious and the centre hump. My wife liked the 1 series better and they had an orange colour car in stock. In the showroom they also had the new 3 series GT and man that was an amazing looking car. If I had the Vitamin-M, I would have definitely picked up the same. Anyways at close to 50L on-road, it remains unsold to me. Once again we came out of the showroom undecided.

My wife maintained her stand that being a second vehicle driven mostly by my driver, it is better to stick to standard sedans than go in for such expensive options. I gave in to her argument and then we continued our hunt

Next stop Ayra Honda, Prabhadevi - 3pm
We saw the Brio, Amaze and City and my wife's choice was Amaze. We took the automatic option for a test drive and I was happy with it's pickup and smooth drive. At 9.26L on road it was good choice. The only dislikes were No Auto A/c controls, dashboard was not to our liking and very flimsy door handles. Moreover, they had all colours except Black which was what we wanted. Came out of the showroom, almost decided on the Urban Titanium top end automatic model.

Final stop Spectra Motors, Chembur - 5pm
After dealer experiences in MB and BMW, this was like a typical Mumbai market area. Very crowded and the sales team were like parrot trained on explaining the features. Once my wife saw the Dzire, she said no further discussions, we will take this. The interiors were much better than the Amaze. Being a Maruti, it can be serviced anywhere and can be customised to our needs. Luckily they had one Black Zxi in stock. We paid 10K advance and booked the car. We also spoke to the RTO agent and blocked a choice no.

Next day (Wednesday), I made the balance payment (total OTR 748481/- Mumbai with octroi). The car was sent for registration etc and was ready on Friday evening (2 days flat). I refrained from taking any accessories from the showroom as I wanted to get everything done through a friend of mine who deals in auto accessories.

On Saturday morning, we took delivery of the car. There was the usual photo session and pooja. My wife commented that unlike BMW which made the delivery process such a nice event, here it was like an anti-climax. Even the documents related to the car was put in a paper envelop and given unlike others who normally give a proper folder at the very least.

Anyways, all in all it was a good buy. The same evening we went through the new Chembur-Santacruz link road as well as the Ghatkopar-VT freeway. The car's computer was showing an amazing 16.8kmpl which was in stark contrast to the 7.8kmpl usually seen on my Polo. I hope this will be the true average figures in future also.

Next day, I got some fittings done and also ordered a set of faux-leather upholstery in Plum red colour like the one on my earlier X1. Since I am abroad, I have not yet seen the final outcome. My wife clicked a few pictures on mobile and sent it to me. I have posted all the pictures below and would like a feedback from fellow TAINs.

Modifications done include
1. Front grill
2. Faux-leather upholstery
3. AVN system with navigation, reverse camera, Bluetooth etc
4. JBL speakers with cross overs

Other standard accessories
1. 3D Mats
2. Body undercoat
3. Teflon coat
4. Bumper protectors
5. Side strips
6. Door guards
7. Embossed numberplate
Congrats for your new Dezire.Nice front Grill,pls share the cost of it and do you purchased it from MASS?[clap]

Congrats for your new "DZire". Wish you lacs of happy miles. Oh, its a petrol, well for lacs of miles you will have to shell out lacs for the fuel as well [;)].
BTW the silver mesh grill is looking great. A nice contrast shade to the black color. Keep the thread updated with tons of pictures and ofcourse the service details.

Thread Starter #12
Thanks Akash and Ambylovers. I will click some more pictures during my visit to India. It already did a Mumbai-Nashik-Mumbai trip with an amazing FE of 16.5kmpl, driven by my driver. All I can say it my earlier Polo used to cost 3600/- for full tank and this one costs me 2800-2900/- with the capacity of the tanks being similar. I will keep updating the post. First service is due on 25th after which I will start some mods. Give me some ideas for mods.

Top Bottom