Blown Away By STORME!!!

Thread Starter #1
25th May 2014 was the day when we welcomed STORME to our family. It is surely not just a vehicle, it is something which I am proud of, it is something which brings a big wide smile on my face[:D], it is something which forces my mind to think why I bought it but fails to get an answer. Buying a storme was never a mind’s decision, it is one of those few decisions which are purely & solely taken by “Heart”. People always ask me “why TATA STORME” & I just give them one answer “Heart has its own logics, of which mind knows nothing”.
Background
Till May 11th 2014, buying an SUV was not even in my dreams & then… came the May 11th. On May 11th 2014, I just entered TATA Showroom (Autovikas at Najafgarh road,New Delhi) to have a look at STORME & ….I fell in love with it… 
On that very moment, deep inside my heart, came a feeling just like first love. An unconditional love for something for which mind is not making any sense.
Unlike the heading of this section, there was actually no background of why I bought STORME. There was no plan, no budget, no comparison with competitors… nothing at all to call as “background”. I just fell for it, but for sure Im loving it!!!!!!!!
Buying Overview
The buying experience with dealer was fantabulous!!! Heartiest Congratulations to Auto Vikas to have good sales team who are prompt, courteous & always willing to help customers. Once we finalized the trim(EX) & colour (Pearl White), all other formalities were handled by them promptly.
First Impression
First Impression of STORME was awesome!!! The positives were :
• Strong built
• Good ground clearance
• Good quality interiors
• Amazing inside space. I call middle row seats as “Maharaja Seats”
• Simple but sophisticated dashboard
• No frills. All major requirements like ABS, disc brakes etc. are well taken care of.
• Drive quality.
• Driving position is like “Maharaja” with full commanding view of road.
• Driving ease
Drive Experience
I personally feel that “Drive” is not a correct word to describe the pleasure of “Gliding” with Storme.
While “gliding” with STORME, you can actually ignore potholes, speed breakers, patches on road etc. STORME gobbles all such driving hindrances effortlessly. STORME in spite of being a huge monster, is actually quite easy to drive. Clutch is soft, turning radius is short, manoeuvring it in traffic is easy with power steering (please don’t compare power steering with sedans) & most importantly, other vehicles give way to the “Badshah of Road”.
Within 7 days of owning the “Badshah”, I drove it from New Delhi to Pune i.e. approx. 1,800 kms one way. These 7 days, we actually tested the “MACHINE” over different terrains like highways, mountains, pot holes, patchy roads, off roads & true to its character it is “REAL SUV”. You throw any road on it & it comes out as winner.
On highways we cruised on speeds up to 120 Km/hr (being new), took sharp turns on curvy mountain roads, put it through pot holes & tested it on patchy roads. The handling & ride quality was top notch on all types of roads as well as off road. Body roll was almost negligible, brakes were effective, overtaking any vehicle was easy, AC was super cool, suspension was appropriate & no turbo lag.
Now coming to bad part. Finding faults in something which you “love” is not an easy task but as I am writing a review, I have to be honest with the purpose of writing the same, so here comes the bad points:
1. Parking sensors & camera should be provided on all trims
2. There is a place for improvement in gear box. It can be more smooth & effortless.
3. No place to keep bottles at middle & last row
4. No option to switch off rear AC on floor.
5. Single din music system & that too in 2014. Not acceptable
6. Power window buttons should be more ergonomically placed
7. While driving at high speeds, you can actually feel the road though steering. It can be made little smoother.
8. Adjusting the height of steering wheel is a big pain. The knob to adjust height is super hard.
In spite of above areas of improvement, STORME is a pleasure to drive. I have not driven safari but as mentioned on many online posts, STORME doesn’t have any problems which earlier safari had faced. It is entirely a new car from inside, & which I believe matters the most. 
Anyone interested in pure driving pleasure is invited “On Board”!!!Happy &Safe Motoring…

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome to TAI Vayu , I really like your TAI handle Vayu really nice and creative name. Is that your real name? You have put your experience very neatly and nicely do post some pics

Blown away by STORME and I am blown away by your nice and crisp review![clap]

Congrats and wish you happy & safe miles ahead.

Thread Starter #7
Thank you all for your comments As I am travelling now, will upload pics once I reach home

welcome to TAI Vayu , I really like your TAI handle Vayu really nice and creative name. Is that your real name? You have put your experience very neatly and nicely do post some pics
Dear Konkantrip,

Vayu is not my real name[;)]. Thanks for your comments

Last edited by a moderator:
@Vayu,
Congratulations for your Storme...wishing you millions of happy & safe ride with your beast.

Congratulations @Vayu. The Safari Storme is a drivers delight for sure. Wish you trillions of happy and safe kilometers and hope that every journey of your's will be comfortable and memorable[clap] Also, Oh yes, please do post as many pics as possible of your machine!

Top Bottom