Tata Nano STD 2011 Ownership Experience

Thread Starter #2
Dear All,

is there any non-engine drive aftermarket Air Con system in existence? System which can run only through battery power? So to retrofit nano STD with aircon

Hi vishal . I joined this forum just recently . But I am a member of T*****P since 2006 . I was banned for one year for bad spellings and grammar . Even today I'm having an infraction there . Their moderaters are more intrested in the look of the forum rather than the technical aspects of cars . On this forum I see there are more diy's and technical informations available . This is the reason I like this forum more . If only we had a better android app like T*****p it would be better . That is the main reason I bought stickers and never put them on my car as I keep getting banned there for bad spellings and grammer . Its as if they are not intrested in sharing knowledge but only maintaining a good image . Sorry my reply was slightly OT .

Happy to see another satisfied Nano owner here [:D]
For sure people who enter a nano with a note of sarcasism will be fully impressed by the car and get down with a surprise.
Do post some pictures on the mods done in the car.
About your question about aircon I would suggest you to scrap the idea because we do have only a very few examples of aftermarket aircons running niggle free.( Right from Old Ambys to present day cars..).

Thread Starter #8
To the point, and pretty precisely put across, Vishal.

Post some pics of the work you've done on your Nano.
Nano is in garage for some reason, and I could not figure out how to post images on this forum. Call me 'un-educated'; HaHa.

I am planning to revamp my nano once again and will surely post pics if someone guides me how to.

Thank you.

Thread Starter #10
Please refer to this link: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...g-pictures-videos-google-maps-your-posts.html. You'll find more information on basic-know of forum usage in the Announcements Section.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks a-lot, Will do the same.

HI Vishal Welcome to TAI.

Incidentally we also bought an used TATA Nano LX this year.

You can go through my review in ownership threads.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...26-tale-two-tatas-nano-lx-manza-aqua-qjd.html

I am also planning to upgrade the bulbs to LED, which bulbs you bought did you get it online.

Waiting for pics of your Nano.
Check http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/6647-tata-nano-its-best-114.html#post391277 for LED bulb query.

Happy to see another satisfied Nano owner here [:D]
For sure people who enter a nano with a note of sarcasism will be fully impressed by the car and get down with a surprise.
Do post some pictures on the mods done in the car.
About your question about aircon I would suggest you to scrap the idea because we do have only a very few examples of aftermarket aircons running niggle free.( Right from Old Ambys to present day cars..).
More than just installation, I am kind of having load of curiosity about air con which can run only with the power from batter and not from engine. So please share if you have any ideas.

Hi Vishal, Welcome aboard!

Nice write-up. But try not to threaten anyone's feelings by your post.

Do post some pictures of your car. Eagerly waiting for it.
Will do.

Hi vishal . I joined this forum just recently . But I am a member of T*****P since 2006 . I was banned for one year for bad spellings and grammar . Even today I'm having an infraction there . Their moderaters are more intrested in the look of the forum rather than the technical aspects of cars . On this forum I see there are more diy's and technical informations available . This is the reason I like this forum more . If only we had a better android app like T*****p it would be better . That is the main reason I bought stickers and never put them on my car as I keep getting banned there for bad spellings and grammer . Its as if they are not intrested in sharing knowledge but only maintaining a good image . Sorry my reply was slightly OT .
I joined this forum couple of days ago so I don't really have piece to say against and I don't judge anyone off the internet. If your english and grammar isn't perfect it should not be a big deal considering it's not really Indian language. And if your english is like your above post I don't find it completely un-readable and should not be the reason for bans.

Rather speak directly with moderators.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12
I am not really fond of taking pics, Here are few I can find on my laptop's desktop folder. Will find few pics and put them later.

Thank you.

IMG-20140415-WA015.jpg

IMG-20140415-WA022.jpg

20140120_193036 (Large).jpg

20140614_071848 (Large).jpg

Kittens playing in dashboard. Yep! Possible with Tata Nano's dash only. 20130909_014413 (Large).jpg

20130406_173646 (Large).jpg

Thanks for your intensive explanation on LED lamps on thread - http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/6647-tata-nano-its-best-114.html

Lastly can you point (from ebay or any other site) which LED models are suitable for Side Light and Cabin Light. I'll be doing this for cosmetic changes only.

This is the bulb present inside side indicators of tata nano. So most of the LED bulbs meant for indicator available on ebay will work.

I will have to check for the cabin lamp, Will let you know shortly.

Please share how to remove and replace side indicator assembly if you know.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for explanation, will try it out. If am able to take out indicators will let you know. Nice pictures of the Nano. What is mounted on the Dash looks like huge display unit.

Put some pictures of your ICE. Why don't you get the bumpers painted body colored and put alloys ?

Thread Starter #14
Thanks for explanation, will try it out. If am able to take out indicators will let you know. Nice pictures of the Nano. What is mounted on the Dash looks like huge display unit.

Put some pictures of your ICE. Why don't you get the bumpers painted body colored and put alloys ?
That's some 9.7 inch screen and DVD player, also serves screen for rear view camera. I don't drive this car for regular use, it's more like a fun buggy. The places I go with this car will definitely scratch Painted bumpers like hell. But I am planning to when I these bumpers get really damaged and I buy new ones.

I did not really like OEM alloy offerings and there is nothing aftermarket that I can find. Share if you know some different alloys for tata nano. I also considered changing the whole wheel hub to indica's to get 4 hole PCD but time did not allow me to look into this yet.

Last edited:
Yes there are restrictions for alloys in Nano. But the OEM with "Y" type design looks good and sporty. Sai got Plati alloys with 3 hole PCD. You can check his thread.

How did you mount the screen on the dash ? Do you have any pics of the process of close up shots ? Is it a touchscreen one ?

Top Bottom