My Rockstar : XUV 5OO

Thread Starter #1
Hello everyone! This is Udit Ranjan from Narnaul, Haryana

Narnaul is a small city about 120 kms from Gurgaon.<
This is my story that how we ended up buying XUV 5OO a vehicle that was nowhere in our list when we began our car shopping

HISTORY

BACK TO 2012: We used to had 3 cars 1. TATA INDIGO MANZA (2011) for our personal use and higway trips 2. MARUTI SUZUKI EECO (2010), this was our hospital's car and our workhorse 3. MARUTI SUZUKI ZEN ESTILO(2007), our 2nd workhorse.

Due to ever rising fuel prices it was really a burden to own three cars, so we planned to sell one of them and EECO was selected as it had lowest average
about 8-9 km/lit. Since, my father is a handicap and carries a electric wheelchair of about 120 kgs and eeco being the only car which can accommodate the chair, so we needed an alternate option to carry the chair,due to financial strain we took an alternate option.

We sold the car and bought a small electric wheelchair of about 50 kgs for our traveling purposes and postponed our plans for new car for some time, since our Manza was only 1 year old.

Then started the T.A.S.S problem and car started giving me new problems day by day and but it was warranty period and we also had extended warranty so it was not a problem, then I suddenly came to know that we don't have an extended warranty(post about it later) so now we started having nightmares about those long bills of my car's maintenance, hence it was finally decided that we needed a car.

Requirement, budget, and contenders

1. Boot space( for wheelchair)
2. East to maintain
3. Rear seat comfort
4. Mileage
5. After sales

Budget was decided about 10 lakhs( OTR)

The cars that we shortlisted

1. Ford Ecosport:

1. We went to ford dealership with the booking amount but they were not ready to give me the test drive, and also the car was not at all specious so dropped the idea

For:Excellent looks, endless features
Against:To small and cramped
Boot is very small(must for me)
Ford service and costs

2. Maruti Suzuki Ertiga

Ertiga was dropped because of its looks(my personal view) and no one in our family was ready for it but still it was our only option we were ready to make compromise.

It was the most practical buy.I almost finalized the car but after taking XUV in consideration it looked very small

XUV ENTERS

The person to whom we sold our Manza during negotiation told us about offers going on XUV ( 0 down payment) , mom was also there ( My mom loved Xuv for its look and it was kind of her dream car) vetoed and said that why we are making compromises after spending 10 lakh rupees, she agreed for additional finances and suddenly our budget was raised to 15 lakh rupees.

Next day we took the test drive and were quite impressed with the car. It met all our requirements, At the end XUV was finalized.

The owner Mahindra dealership was my dad's patient, so we really got a nice deal on finance and overall package ( don't remember now)
BOOKING AND DELIVERY
We booked Mahindra XUV 5OO W6 DOLPHIN GREY in morning of 19th-August-2013 and got the delivery of car in evening (chat mangni pat biya)

Final twist

During my PDI the car refused to start[surprise]. Mahindra guys tried a lot but no luck.
I actually don't know what was the issue,but I refused to take delivery of the vehicle.

Finally I ended up buying SILVER color.

Till the date I have completed 21000 kms and I am very satisfied from the car.
The after sales is excellent and the vehicle needs no description.. It has everything gizmos, safety , ride, comfort ,space......you just name anything,

+ves of XUV 5OO

1. Space in 2nd row. Its just like a football ground for me
2. Features. You can write a book on them.
3.Drive. buttersmooth, excellent pick up, thanks to 140 horses in bonnet
4. Airconditioning. It chill your bones
Especially the a/c vents in 3rd row. It keeps passengers in 3rd row chilled and also maintain overall temperature of the car.
5. Looks: Man! This is the vest looking car in its segment. I think Mahindra has a time machine, they got their designers from future.
Etc etc...End of thinking capacity
Some -ves of car

-2nd row is not sliding(come on mahindra)
-Plastic quality could be much better
-The glove box is small
-No boot after 3rd row is in use

I cannot post the prices as I dont remember them now. The car was purchased almost a year back.

Some niggles I faced
1. Famous clutch issue. My clutch went down on in the middle Gurgaon-Delhi expressway. The complete clutch was changed free of cost (Odo:4500)
2. On the same trip ABS light came.

Both the issues were sorted out and till now mu car is completely niggle free.

Mahindra has came a long way from tractors, boleros to Scorpios and Xuvs ( Kudos Mahindra)

Sorry for typing mistakes and errors ( My first review on TAI)

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
Congratulations !!!!
Please share as many as possible photos of your Cheetah !!

Wish you many happy and safe miles !!!

Pankaj

Hi,
Congratulations on your XUV and its a good mileage in one year. You were very lucky during the PDI. If the car is alloted to you then it might be a big mess if it have problems.

Heartiest congratulations on your Xuv.Good you did tht PDI for the first alloted car.
Wish you many happy miles with it.

Thread Starter #9
Wish you many many safe miles on the XUV. Post more pictures and highlight any service issues you have faced.
Will be posting more pics. Till the date I have not faced any issue regarding service. Touchwood from Mahindra. Mahindra is emerging as a passanger car maker from crude tractors and jeeps.

AMG

Suspended
Congrats on your new car mate!

I see that you've already done 21K KMs

An review would be nice.

Thread Starter #13
Sorry for not updating this thread regularly as I was very busy in my studies.

35000 kms update

The car has completed 35000 kms span in 1.5 years. As of now the car is absolutely niggle free. I must appreciate the quality of BRIDGESTONE DULERS that are as new as they were when I purchased the car. I remember changing my apollo aceleres in just 25000 kms in my MANZA.

Niggles that I faced
1. The clutch: Around 31000 kms the clutch became very spongy and went down. XUV owners would have noticed that normally the clutch pedal is slightly above the break pedal, but mine went down below the brakes. I didn't know what ASS did but I got my car back better then normal, after it the clutch has become more smoother

2.Fused LHS bulb Twice in span of 5000 kms.

Other then this there is nothing. More the time I spend time with my 'rockstar' more I love it.I think I have 'XUVddiction'.

One more significant thing: EON ERA+ is a new addition to my garage. My replacement for ZEN Estilo. Would write a ownership review when I will get some spare time.

Thread Starter #14
Time for an update. My rockstar is celebrating her 2nd birthday tommorow.
The car has clocked 49,400 kms 80 percent of which is on village roads. I have renewed my insurance policy for 27,032 rs. I have opted for TATA AIG zero depreciation policy. I have also opted for extended warranty(mahindra calls it shield warranty) for 4th year at a additional cost of 13,000 rs. Due to a sharp rod my one tire got burst, so I replaced it with a bridgestone duler costing 13,800 rs.

I faced some minor niggles and rattling but each and every problem was promptly solved by M.A.S.S
I must say mahindra has come a long way from raw jeeps to refined XUVs and Scorpios.

The car is still going very strong and I am planning to keep it for at least next two years.

As a birthday gift I gave my car a spa. I used Meguirars ultimate polish, formula one carnabula wax,
for tires I used 3M car dresser, and for dashboard I used meguiars natural shine vinyl and rubber protectant.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
man,you are surely munching miles!! Congrats(although belated),and drive safe for more and more miles to come.[;)]

Top Bottom