Hyundai Eon Plus - Little Pre-worshiped Blue Boy Comes Home!

Thread Starter #1
Hyundai Eon Era+ - Little Pre-worshiped Blue Boy Comes Home!

Hello TAI Friends,

I am a newbie driver & learnt driving only few months back. From the day I sat in the driving class car ( Swift Dzire ), the thought of gifting a car for myself grew in me & finally decided to buy one.

Since I am still learning driving, the obvious question of buying a used / new car bothered me as well for about week. After talking to my friends & some online suggestions, finally decided to take the middle path .. 1 year old pre worshiped car (neither new nor old ) [clap] . Budget ? 3 - 4 Lakhs

Now came the question of brand ??. Again went back to friends for their advice. Since I have minimum knowledge of maintaining a car, all had one thing to say. buy any Maruti Suzuki ... of-course !.
I explored all models through private dealers & true value showrooms in Bangalore & man.. maruti used cars command serious premium & still sell like hot cakes ( Swifts & Ritz's) . Out of all , Ritz really impressed me & my commander (wife!) & next choice was Swift. Alto, Wagon R, Estilo were outright rejected as she found exterior's not appealing at all.
I was restless to get a good deal for about a month.

I am planning to write a detailed tips on buying a used car based on my experiences & do not want to mix in this post.

A good used Swift sells in no time , i have tried within few hours of owner posting on sites & heard replies that its already sold on many occasions. hence dropped swift from the list & was hell bent on Ritz.

Found few decent deals on Ritz ( 3 - 4 Lakhs for a ~4 year , ~30k odo ) & was arranging my finances to strike a deal.

During our city rides, wife was curiously inquiring about i10, Eon & Santro telling me that she likes them as well. I also found that Hyundai cars are next best to Maruti in terms of Reliability, Service, Maintenance etc..

One Lucky day, I came across a ad selling 1 year used Hyundai Eon, 5k on Odo & decent quoted price.. Below is the deal

Model - Hyundai Eon Era +
Colour - Prestine Blue
Mfg Date - Feb 2013
Reg Date - April 2013
Selling Date - April 2014
Accessories - Leather Seats, upgraded R13 tyres, central locking
Condition - Lady Driven, No dents, scratches
Insurance Validity - April 2015
Price quoted - 3.10 Lakhs

Although price may be 10k - 15k higher, condition of car, colour & sheer feeling of sitting inside a new car impressed my commander & order was passed to soldier. Yes!!

I did a quick inquiry from my friends & got decent feedback.

I gave 80% advance through check & took the delivery of car with documentation on next day. Completed the Puja & Commander was very happy with performance of soldier. [:D]

Accessories added by me:
> Aftermarket roof rail
> Pioneer ICE with front speakers ( JBL)
> Bumper protectors

Below are my initial feedback on Eon based on my 1 month ride

Pros:
Impressive exterior & interiors
Good build quality
Good Mileage
Smooth gear shift & light clutch
Chilling A/c
Seating comfort
>Front - excellent
>Back - decent
City Handling, Maneuverability

Cons:
NVH levels are on higher side
Acceleration & pull is less ( I have driven Dzire & Santro)
Frequent downshift to 1st gear on gradient roads

But as people say, first car feels as the best car for long time & I am still enjoying my rides. Knowing Eon's limitations has helped me to take better care of this little wonder & it is giving me back equal love & ride pleasure [:)].

I will be posting further pics & updates soon..

Attachments

Last edited:
Congratulations and Happy Motoring. Eon is a good city car, even i too considered it when replacing my Diesel Swift. Purchased Brio for different reasons.
I am noticing different steel rims on you're car. They look like old WagonR ones. Do Check them.

Add Honda & Toyota along with Hyundai and Maruti interms of Service, Maintenance, Reliability. Telling them based on ownership of these brands various cars.

Congrats for your new car.
Drive safe & enjoy the ride. Looking so good in blue. Just take good care of her.She will serve you for lacs of KM.

On a lighter side.
Condition - Lady Driven, No dents, scratches

BTW how can this possible. Lady driven and no scratches. [;)]

Thread Starter #5
Congrats for your new car.
Drive safe & enjoy the ride. Looking so good in blue. Just take good care of her.She will serve you for lacs of KM.

On a lighter side.

BTW how can this possible. Lady driven and no scratches. [;)]
Thanks!!! . It was delivered scratchless but Yes you are right [lol].. Seller was honest to admit that scratches have been removed during the second service & got her insurance updated to Bumper to bumper.

Congrats on your car! Hope to see more pics of the interior!
The color choice couldn't have been better. It looks stunning!
Thanks!! Interiors & closeup pics coming soon..

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #7
Adding few interior pics.

Also I had quite a long ride & with 5 people in the car & Ac on, the pull was better than I expected. Although with little gradient , I had to shift to Second often or First very rarely.

Also with Bangalore temp of 37 degrees today, Ac felt inadequate & had to open all windows to get some cool breeze.

I have one question friends..

When vehicle is carrying full load, will the Ac efficiency get affected since engine is already working on full capacity ? I am asking since, even when the Ac knob set to 4, I was not getting colder air from vents. [confused]

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one question friends..

When vehicle is carrying full load, will the Ac efficiency get affected since engine is already working on full capacity ? I am asking since, even when the Ac knob set to 4, I was not getting colder air from vents. [confused]
Yes, when engine is running in full load, AC takes time to cool. Similarly when AC is on, the engine takes time to gain momentum. This is common for small entry level cars (Eon, Alto, Wagon R, etc).

If the AC isn't cooling at maximum fan speed, check that the Recirculation button is on. If it still doesn't cool, then get the AC gas checked.

Thread Starter #10
Checked the FE today after riding 250+ kms all within city using full tank auto cut off method

Below are riding conditions
mostly with 2 on board
60% AC on
100% city drive
Fuel consumed - 25.7 ltrs
Distance - 278 kms
Fuel Efficiency is disappointing 10.8 kmpl [frustration]

Friends, Since I am still learning driving & I generally take more to & fro to make a U turn etc , still getting used to gear shifts - I am hoping to improve as my driving improves [roll]

Please let me know your views on this.

I am planning a long highway drive in June & will update the FE figures again.

Do a FE check after you get used to the car and know how to ride in Fuel-Efficient way. Then check it for yourself. It should give better mileage. Since you are still in learning phase, these kinda FE is expected, especially in crowded Bangalore roads.

BTW Congrats for your purchase

Thread Starter #13
Friends,

I went for a long highway trip of 500+ kms & I am quite happy with the behavior of the car on highways & FE [clap]

Trip 1 -
People on board - 2
Distance 380km
Fuel consumed - 14.2 ltrs
Mostly flat roads
Tyre pressure - 34 psi
Speed range - 50 - 70 kmph
A/c usage - 20%

Avg Fuel Efficiency - 25+ kmpl [:D]

Trip 2

Distance - 110kms
People on board - 5