Finally Tata Safari Storme EX Has Arrived

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

Before you begin reading this, I want to let you know that you are listening and reading to a complete amateur when it comes to car knowledge.

Anyhow so hunt for a new SUV began 3 months back. Me and my wife discussing on what car we should go list was XUV 500, Duster, Scorpio Hawk, Force One, Gurkha, eco sport.

Eco Sport:
Car is too small, me being a 6 Ft long the car was too short as me and my father are wildlife photographers, there is not enough space for keeping our Equipment.
So Eco Sport was scratched off. The car dealer in Moti Nagar never even offered us a test drive he said it is not available….. that’s weird.

XUV 500:
A great car but I found it a little too brittle for rough use. Gadgets are amazing but then the question remains for how long they will run and if Mahindra is equipped enough to fix those electrical hi Fi gadgets they have on board.

Scorpio Hawk:
For almost 8 years have been driving Scorpio loved the car but then it’s time for a change.

Force One:
Good suv, spacious, Price wise affordable, however whenever I went on heir showroom in Moti Nager, Delhi most of the time it was locked and I have been reading that parts are a problem for Force Motors. So my wife gave me a Big NO for the same.

Gurkha EOV 4x4x4:
This car looked promising and was something that will suit our hobby as well however this car launch date always gets extended by months. Idea dropped

Storme:
We went to the last showroom that was Tata Motors AutoVikas in Moti Nagar. As soon as we entered we were mesmerized by the looks of this car. Oh Boy for a moment I felt its new model of Range rover
Me and Wife decided to take a TD as soon as we kicked off the enginer… we were like “you gotta be kiddin me” no sound no vibations and as oon as hit the road. In our hearts we knew this is the car.
Next day brought my father and my mother along for aTD and as soon as my father drove he said Go for It Son. So mutually agreed by our family Storme is the car we need to go.

Then came the question of which model Lx or Ex. The LX model was costing 11 Lakhs on road and then it was EX on the other hand which had few more things to offer Roof top AC, Defogger, Fog Lights, Arm rest. To be honest the only thing that appealed was Roof Top AC. Since in Delhi summer can be brutal decided for EX model. The Color was unanimous choice of White Pearl.

Took the loan from SBI bank and made the down payment to the dealer. Since this car will be used in an around the Jungle and in our Farm near Haridwar. I had to go for a rear bull guard provided to me by Tata Motors. It cost-ed 6000/- but then its better that having those scratches that are given to you by Cyclists, Scooter and Motro Cyclists.

On 14th went for taking the delivery of the vehicle. To my surprise the car was not clean at all, had to ask the Sales Rep to have someone clean the veichle. The ODO already showed that car has travlled 87KM already (I thinks that’s TATA [anger]]

The car was delivered to us after 1.5 hours of waiting. Finally the keys were handed off to us by the dealers along with Photo session. As soon as the engine was started closed my eyes and paryed may this car give us long miles of safe driving and drove off from there. After so many small issues I faced the car was just a breeze……
I believe that I made the correct decision

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the TAI family. Congrats on getting a great car... it looks stunning in White.

Looking forward to see more photos of your car as well as of the wildlife pictures that you take!

Welcomes you to the family.Congratulations to you and your family on being the proud owners of Storme. A small complaint though ,regarding the bull bar .It is spoiling the looks of that double exhaust.Anyway beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.[cheers]

hey... welcome to the family and congratulations for your beast. its lovely.! may you have many safe miles. please post pics of interiors. Yeah I too agree with generalmax regarding the rear guard.. it really is covering the exhaust but saving the rear from erratic riders is also necessary.

Thread Starter #8
Thank You all for your welcome and good wishes...
About the rear bull bar I agree with you guys it does hide the exhaust
will see if it can repositioned....

I am looking for a front bull guard... Anyone knows a shop on Delhi where I can get a good quality one

@Off4x4,
Congratulation for your new Storme and welcome to the Storme club. Wishing you a wonderful ride with this beast [clap]

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
First congratulations on your new car.I saw that xuv was on your list of cars. Can you clarify what you meant by saying xuv is too brittle for rough use.

Thread Starter #11
@ mayankdixit
What I mean Is that XUV front and rear bumper is too light.
It feels the plastic will not be able hold the rough track and are likely to break..

We have a farm near Haridwar, the road is not as good and there are stretches
where you need to cross dry river beds and wild grass patch.
XUV is a brilliant car for city or Highway however feel it s just not ready to explore such areas
The bumper is very vulnerable for cracks also ground clearance plays an imp role
In areas like this

Last edited:
congratulations on your new purchase. Safari storme is the best off roader in this category and that tall boy, off roader look gives it more driving presence.

When i was in uttarakhand, there were many bad stretches with causeways.

Congrats have many more happy miles,
i felt even the tata Xenon 4x4 is a good utility vehicle for wild life photography, but in india we dont consider such body type vehicles for personal use

Thread Starter #14
Very true Maneet
@msn1: I was looking for xenon when I bumped into storme
Xenon is a car for a wildlifer but it's too expensive and being BS 3 it's not easy
To register in Delhi .

Thread Starter #15
Drove 300 KM and loving every moment of it. Still hard to believe that its a TATA product. Being a Designer I couldn't resist designing a poster for Storme. So Here it is. will design more in near future.

Attachments

Top Bottom