Here is the thread of my complete Purchase and Ownership of Hyundai Verna CRDI SX(O) AT, There are very few reviews on the CRDI SX(O) AT version on the internet, I myself didn't get enough confidence in choosing CRDI AT version. So here is the breakup.
Reason to buy:
While after the eventful incident,
my view and perspective of cars have changed. I just couldn't wait to change my 3years old, 30,000kms run 2011 model i20 CRDI Magna (6 speed) MT, which did not come with ABS
or Airbags. I thought of even upgrading the Tyres and cut down my speed, but that still didn't inforce me confidence of safety. When i went to service center for change of brake pads, 3 days before the incident, i saw an white color 2013 version i20 drowsed in thick dried blood everywhere inside and outside. It was completely smashed from right side. When i asked manager, he said 3 people died on spot. I wanted to take pics, to share in web, but something inside me told me not take. So with my charged mind and brave heart, i took the decision to buy the most safest car i can buy within my capacity.
Budget: Upto 15L OTR
Requirements in priority order:
1) 6 or more Airbags
2) EBS, EBD
4) Diesel -> Resale value and good mileage.
As previously said in my thread, i have seen Manual Transmission contribute some strain on the driver for long hours of curvy or two lane crowded journey.
Vehicle on the list after test drives:
1) volkswagen Jetta Trendline
1) 6 airbags
2) Disc brakes, front and rear
3) Electronic Stability Program (ESP) including ABS
with brake assist, ASR and EDL
4) Hill hold control
6) Nothing to say about build/ride quality, You know this is a Volkswagen.
1) Trendline out of stock, model starts with comfort-line.
1) Diesel AT only available in Highline.
Even the base model has full safety features, Hats of to Volkswagen!!
2) volkswagen Vento Highline.
1) Not too long, not too short or wide, a compact sedan, simple looks, much preferred ride for city/Highway.
Gives a kind of confidence/pleasure even just by looking at it.
1) Diesel 1.6 engine is good, torquey, but NVH levels are bad.
2) No option for additional 4 airbags.
3) No EBD
or rear disc brakes.
4) No AT in Diesel.
5) Spare tyre. ( What the .. ?, It is of different size! I know the difference ratio is small, but Why? that too in India ?)
3) Honda City
1) It is a Honda City, well known brand from decades.
2) Spacious, with Sun roof.
3) Now with a diesel engine too.
1) Skinny tyres, Why Honda?
2) Diesel Engine runs out of breath easily. ( but that's ok for me)
3) NVH levels of Vento is better than this in diesel.
4) No AT in Diesel
4) Hyundai Verna CRDI SX(O) AT
1) 6 Airbags.
3) Superb Rocket Proven Diesel Engine.
4) Excellent NVH/refinement levels of diesel engine.
5) Diesel AT with triptronic.
1) Ride handling. ( 2104 version has upgraded suspension, and many of them are giving good reviews about handling now). Hmm.. Hyundai listens very
well to customers.
2) AT is 4 speed Auto. ( for 128bhp you need at-least 6 speed auto, but Hyundai says 4 speed auto gear ratios are widely spread out to match).
I didn't consider
1) Maruthi Suzuki or Skoda because of Friends ASS
2) Renault and Nissan --> I left them to establish a good reach in India first for another few years, like Hyundai. And then that will be my next choice.
3) Tata --> Build quality issues can be seen even in the display cars in showroom.
4) Mahindra --> Xuv500 was on my list, but why SUV in jammed City? and also no AT.
April 16, 2014
Directly went to Lakshmi Hyundai Hebbal, Explained them my requirements, sicne May 2 is BasavaJayanthi or Akshaya trithya. By any means i want my vehicle delivered on that day.
1) Twilight Blue Hyundai Verna CRDI SX(0) AT
2) I will drive the Loan process ( my personal Bank Manager HDFC)
3) I will get the Insurance from bank Directly.
4) Free 3M Under chasis Coating.
5) Free 1 coat 3M Paint protection coating.
Why 2 & 3, Well friends the dealer unnecessarily charges you for this, I have previously done it for my i20, now i am doing it again.
I saved 15,000Rs.
1) Bank processing fees Dealer charged 8000Rs, My bank charges 2500rs You save = 5,500Rs.
2) Car insurance charged by Dealer 47,790 Rs, My bank gave it to me for 37,000Rs , You save = 10,000 Rs.
The dealer, especially the sales person/executive, deny us for taking car insurance from outside. I had to directly speak with manager and insist him to
accept else i walk away for another dealer. Believe me these how they do daylight robbery with customers. You can save some money by getting the car registered by yourself, but that's fine, i don't like running around RTO(government office).
Lakshmi Hyundai Dealership Experience:
I paid 50K advance, after the sales team lead confirming on all the requirements and on the date of delivery. After a day i just called him and probed him,
where is the car, can i see it? He says it is in Chennai plant, no stock in Bangalore, and they have to just bring it, and he still blatantly promises delivery on May 2nd ( Chennai Elections on 21st April) . I felt skeptic i called another dealer Trident Hyundai, They also said, no stock in Bangalore, or in Chennai plant, they have to order it, and they can promise delivery only after MAY 15th, I tell them about Lakshmi Hyundai promise, he says he won't deliver, because all the dealer share the same database,and he assured me again he will not deliver. Hmm... quite surprising, I called Up Advaith Hyundai, asked them about the model, and said if they have it on stock, i will come and place the order, they also gave exactly the same answer. I was upset about Lakshmi Hyundai making false promises with so Confidence, then i got a call from Advaith Hyundai, saying that they have the model in Stock, which was allocated to previous customer and he withdrew because his loan didn't sanction.
I went Straight away to Advaith Hyundai, Saw the car and paid 50K advance. I honestly told team lead of Lakshmi Hyundai about the stutation he was good to understand it, and he promised to reimburse 50K without cancellation fees.
Customer Interaction and Importance: 10/10
Technical expertise: 8/10
Delivery: 4/10, If they had car in the stock, i would rate them 9/10. But looks like he promised because they want badly sales.
Advaith Hyundai Dealership experience:
After the booking, The sales manager promises to get the teflon and under chasis coating done, I also spoke with accessories guy for up modulator and seat cover which they promised will be done on delivery.
After the payment was made and the Loan sanctioned, The sales manager is blatantly not accepting the calls, i called 3 to 5 times and even messaged but no response. 3 days before delivery the sales executive argues with me that i have to take the insurance from dealer only, I told her i had already spoken to manager, if you argue with me or do not agree, i will cancel this deal and report this issue to consumer court for penalty. After some time she calls back and agrees to give the VIN and chassis number to my bank.
On Delievery Day:
May 2nd 2014,
Since sales manager has decided not to entertain my calls, i have to speak with the sales executive only. I informed her about my time of arrival, and if everything is ready, she says, yes sir please come. OK.
I see the car standing there :) and getting cleaned ??, I ask the SE, she says, no it is already cleaned, they are just dusting off. It is fully crowded there almost Jam packed. The SE shows the car and says sir teflon coating and Under chassis coating is done, But when i touched the surface it is not smooth, i asked her again, she says it is done. OK, i take the delivery of the car, the guy with iPad comes and takes the photo of me, car and my sis in evening( what nonsense). I ask him for the hard copy they say, no hardcopy sir, we will mail it.
What about Up-modulator and Seat cover?, yes sir it is done, Ok show me. Then she calls the technician and asks him to show the demo, which it does not work, he call a senior technician and then the accessories guy, and final conclusion was it was not fitted. They tell me to come tomorrow with the car!
After delivery i took the car to temple, did puja and took it home, next day i took the car to showroom again, got the up-modulator and seat cover, just while returning to home why not visit 3M Car Care for inspection, To my surprise the 3M guy says, sir there is no under chassis coating done or teflon coating done. I said how much will it cost, sir 8000Rs. Ok get it done, Along with CR70 on front wind shield total cost 14500RS.
Customer Interaction and Importance: 2/10
Technical expertise: 1/10
I get mail after few days, and guess what i get a link to some app, which i click, it will go to some website, which asks permissions to access my facebook and gmail account details. I replied them to send the photo as an attachment for which i still didn't get it. ( May 17)
Verdict: Worst Experience Ever, Never Go to this dealer on MG Road.
About the CAR:
I had a trip to kadapa on May 10 2014, total kms covered 770kms,
Mileage Average 22.4Kmpl on journey of 700kms
City Average 14.3kmpl for 60kms
What i like about the vehicle
1) Has 6 air bags, ABS
2) The suspension is been upgraded in 2014 model, it is stiff and feels very planted on road.
3) Fantastic Mileage of 22.4Kmpl, against 13-14kmpl mentioned in auto reviews.
4) Spacious boot.
5) Eagle eye headlamps for more aggressive looks.
6) Fantastic Auto transmission with triptronic.--> No strain at all for long hours journey, and completely relaxed feel, my left knee is very happy too.
7) Ionizer in AC. --> Gives fresh air the moment you switch it on, even in the presence of full plastic and leather smell in new car.
I heard it kills harmful substances like bacteria and fungus in air which is harmful for small kids.
One thing to notice, it feels a little bit bigger in terms of height compared to 2013 verna.
Early Verdict friends: choosing AT was a bold step for me, there are no much reviews on this, But trust me in this car 4 speed Auto is just fantastic, it is giving me excellent mileage and ride comfort. This Auto gearbox is tuned for this car power output, and i feel it is infact different from old verna AT box.
Some pics attached of my Old i20 and new verna
I will keep updating this thread as i do more miles in my Car.
Any comments will be appreciated, Thanks for reading