Hyundai Verna Ownership Review: No Safety To Full Safety in 22 Days!

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

I am new here, and i would like to share my very recent dramatic experience for buying Verna 2014.

I have been driving cars from last 13 years starting from 2001 Hyundai Santro LE, then came the Accent GLE which my dad owned, And 3 years ago i brought a new 2011 Hyundai i20 CRDI magna in addition. I have been an serious auto-critic myself, and i know in and out almost everything about a car.

When i brought i20 i was a single, and didn't care much about safety features, based on the experience that i have already driven cars without ABS or airbags for so many years and nothing happened. Comparing with accent, i20 was much planted at highways and the weighted EPS was giving me good confidence for high speed.

I got married 2 years back and recently was blessed with baby boy( now 2 months old). I started having frequent to and fro trips to my inlaws hometown near Kadapa which is approximately 350kms from Bangalore via tirupathi. With two days to go for the coming scheduled trips, i changed my i20s brake pads which started squeaking. Myself, with my wife, my baby and my mother inlaw, started from bangalore on Friday April 9th morning 6:00AM and safely reached home at 2:00PM. The very next day i had to take my wife and my father inlaw to tirupathi for some work. This is where the incident happens.

I started at 10 AM, we were just 45 minutes away from home, i was maintaining 70kmph in 5th gear, the road was completely empty and was visible upto 2km, i raised the rpm a little bit to shift into 6th gear and bring it down, the speed was nearing to 90kmph. At 1km distance there were small houses at the right hand side and few loaded trucks parked at left, suddenly an old woman started crossing the road from right to left carrying a White cloth bag on her left shoulder. I removed my leg from the accelerator kept ready on the brakes and let the car to slowly slow down, the speed was coming down from 90 to 85. I kept on honking to see if she can hear and cross the road quickly, the car kept slowing down, but she never reacted, she kept coming closer to the middle of the road, by that time i was just 600mts away from her and started holding the break very slowly, the speed came down from 75 to 65, Even at this point, i thought she will stop in midway and let the car go, but nothing, i kept on honking and she kept on crossing the road. It was just 400mts when i pressed hard on the brakes, the front wheels got locked and the car started to weer towards left side, the steering immediately became like a joystick absolutely no effect on the steering response. It was just within 100mts in a split second that i removed my leg from brakes, steered the steering wheel fully to the right and applied fully hand brakes, and simultaneously,applied front brakes half way, the car drifted for about 20 mts, and then halted with 5 feet distance behind a fully loaded truck. Atleast 20 people from the houses came running to see what happened, when we came out, the people made me sit and asked my father in law to bring water bottle from car, they scolded the old lady for not seeing and crossing the road, and they said to me that, they saw the car screeching on the road, and they thought there was no chance the car would survive, they were also appreciating me the way i controlled the car in split second and were saying we were very lucky, and that i had done some good deed that we were saved. In short time i resumed my journey and my father inlaw recommended to visit Sri Hanuman temple before reaching to tirupathi.

This incident kept me jolted for a week, that experience was always flashing in front of my eyes, how the very stable car became like an empty tin can throwing itself away to the left @ 65kmph and how luckily we escaped and how luckily by god's grace my 2month old son was not there.

Car lost control at 60-65kmph, that's just unbelievable and that too on a good road, no gravel, mid day sun !. And after every night of survey in youtube, i found that the best of the best fully loaded cars are all tested for safety only till 60kmph. And my car with no airbags or ABS stands not a single chance of surviving in it.

No wonder, recently many cars including i10 basic model was rated worst safety rating (NCAP).

And then i decided to change the car, I had taken a loan for 5 years, i posted the car specs on OLX, sold the car for 5.4L, closed the loan, went for car buying options. My first and foremost priorities was safety features, and need to be automatic

Why automatic ?
Because i noted, the manual gear changes for long hours also has some strain on the driver, and that strain could also cause for slow response, dizziness or unnecessary panic during events, impatient to reach home early, impatient to overtake the truck or wait for someone who is honking unnecessarily behind you.
But when it happens it will be seconds, and we can't change that.

1) minimum 6 airbags
2) ABS, EBD., etc
3) Automatic
4) Not but least a Diesel --> mileage and resale value

And the choice froze down very quickly to Verna SX(0) CRDI AT, Booked the vehicle and got it delivered on May 2.

Exshowroom price: Rs 11,71,171
On Road Price: Rs 14,67,709

Re applied for loan for 5 years with 10.75% fixed interest.

Total value of the vehicle with interest is Rs 17,37,171 on Road.

Ownership Experience:

I had a trip to kadapa on May 10 2014, total kms covered 770kms,
Mileage Average 22.4Kmpl on journey of 700kms
City Average 14.3kmpl for 60kms

What i like about the vehicle

1) Has 6 air bags, ABS and EBD.
2) The suspension is been upgraded in 2014 model, it is stiff and feels very planted on road.
3) Fantastic Mileage of 22.4Kmpl, against 13-14kmpl mentioned in auto reviews.
4) Spacious boot.
5) Eagle eye headlamps for more aggressive looks.
6) Fantastic Auto transmission with triptronic.--> No strain at all for long hours journey, and completely relaxed feel, my left knee is very happy too.

Here are few pics of the car and the mileage.

Incident happened at April 9th,

Now i am completely changed person, below are few which i noticed

-> Not to overestimate the capabilities of any car not matter what it has.
-> No matter what, be patient and co-operative on roads, even if it takes
five minutes to overtake a single truck, or even if some one waves hands at
you or scolds you.
-> Don't get frustrated and start chasing cars at high speeds, to show off.
-> Never attempt to test the max speed limit of your car.
-> Never ever compromise on safety features of car, if that car is having more
safety features at higher versions then go for it.
--> Drive in city as if pedestrians are dumb (from Sudhi.ritzy)

and also changed the car by May 2nd

Thanks for reading my experience. Any comments greatly appreciated
MADAN

[Moderator] : I don't know if this is the right section to post this thread, If incorrect please do the needful.

Attachments

Last edited:
What 22.4 kmpl for an AT Diesel Car, i cant believe. My Brothers Verna at the best has given 21.5 that too a manual tranny. I think the MID is showing instant fuel consumption.

Very close shave that was. Good to know you all are safe. And nice decision to take car which equipped with good safety features, in India people doesn't understand the requirement of such a vital features which can be a life saver.
Anyways congratulations on your new car, wish you happy motoring.
Can just tell me about the behavior of AT gear box or drivability of that as it's only 4 speed box which is under related for the Verana.

Congratulations on your new car and welcome to TAI. You have made a good choice and with the 6 airbags its big jump. Verna is a very good car with mouthwatering gadgets and features. But sensible driving is most important safety measure one can take, the safety equipment only supplements the safety. With your close shave experience you now know better.
Just curious question, did you consider the new Honda City in your search?

Keep updating your experience and impressions on the car here regularly.

Thank you [clap]

Congrats Madan for your New Verna. Happy to know that the incident was only a near miss.

As usual, most of the males only thinks about their own safety after they become a parent. Being Parent is nice & responsible feeling. Now your nightmare would got vanished by Verna.

IMO, by bringing ABS, Airbag in base variant will not increase the cost of vehicle to more so that customer can't buy it. It is our Govt along with Manufactures keeps us in RISK.[anger]

I want appreciate Honda to bring the ABS & at-least one airbag in base variant is a good job.[clap]

Just curious question, did you consider the new Honda City in your search?
Indian,

IMO, Madan would have considered Honda City, but may be forced to go for Verna with 2 reasons.

1. With his requirements, he has to opt for V / VX Models which is having very longer waiting period of 4 to 5 months. (Decided to by new car in last week of Apr-14)
2. May be a good experience with Hyundai.

Madan, just tell me, whether am I correct or not?

Congrats on the purchase, Wishing you happy miles ahead.

BTW is this Avg mileage or Instant mileage? If it is the former, why do you want to take this snap while driving? You could have parked the car aside and taken loads of snaps [roll] Afterall your own safety matters.

That was close... I would appreciate you on your presence of mind and the way you controlled the car. There is no substitution for the safety features. Congrats on your new buy. Thats an amazing mileage for an AT.

Why automatic ?
Because i noted, the manual gear changes for long hours also has some strain on the driver, and that strain could also cause for slow response, dizziness or unnecessary panic during events, impatient to reach home early, impatient to overtake the truck or wait for someone who is honking unnecessarily behind you.

6) Fantastic Auto transmission with triptronic.--> No strain at all for long hours journey, and completely relaxed feel, my left knee is very happy too.

-> Not to overestimate the capabilities of any car not matter what it has.
-> No matter what, be patient and co-operative on roads, even if it takes
five minutes to overtake a single truck, or even if some one waves hands at
you or scolds you.

-> Don't get frustrated and start chasing cars at high speeds, to show off.
-> Never attempt to test the max speed limit of your car.
MADAN
An automatic is an excellent choice for any kind of driving; a smart choice as well, automatics are the future of driving that you have picked in the present, excellent points on safety and driving in general also that you have highligthed.

Last edited:
Firstly a very warm welcome to tai madan, and i am really glad to hear all is safe with you and family. Sometimes in life incidences like this completely change our foundations and beliefs including our priorities in life.
I am glad you then went all out and picked the next choice which doesn't compromise on safety.

You got a second chance not many might get, we sometimes unconsciously don't realize that by compromising safety and saving some money we are putting our priceless near and dear ones at risk, off course we also have budgetary realities and real world economics, but I really appreciate what you did and the fact that you put a descriptive thread - if you can get one person conscious about safety and change his mind after reading this thread, I would rate it a big success, we need to be doing more of such awareness on forums.

I just hope the safety realisation dawns before it's too late, India is the worse in the world when it comes to road fatalities, I can only pity when enthusiasts make statements like airbags are no use in city - it only shows how much education is still needed. Hence all the more and once again fantastic thread and please spread this message on safety actively on the forum and make it contagious!

And to add a great thread title chosen as well

Last edited:
Congratulations Madan and Happy Motoring. Is that new Grey Color ? Looks slightly different compared to Carbon Grey which was in pre-updated model(2011-2013). Still Can't believe the mileage you achieved.

Indian,

IMO, Madan would have considered Honda City, but may be forced to go for Verna with 2 reasons.

1. With his requirements, he has to opt for V / VX Models which is having very longer waiting period of 4 to 5 months. (Decided to by new car in last week of Apr-14)
2. May be a good experience with Hyundai.

gandhi, yes those two are valid points, to add to that Verna has 4 additional airbags and rear disk brakes. Honda unfortunately did not include in 2014 model. [frustration]
Even I debated a lot over the above two points, but finally my past experience with Honda and general perception of Honda brand made me go for City. But its the excellent choice by Madan, no regrets at all Verna is a excellent all in one package. [clap] Very happy to note someone makes a choice based on the safety features in country where people buy the lowest variant and spend 1+ Lakhs just for accessories. [roll]

Thread Starter #12
Thank You All for your warm welcome, I am honestly feeling a good relief after receiving your supportive comments on my views. Changing an existing car within 20 days and splurging money for buying a new car for an single incident is still a shocker for my parents( they will not understand). Since i experienced this, i couldn't convince them or explain the fear.

I just had only two things in mind safety and resale value.

I searched many cars with 6 airbags and Diesel AT, They were no options at all, The only other options that i got were second hand 2009 JETTA Diesel AT and 2009 Hyundai Sonata Diesel AT. I didn't go for the second hand because, for atleast next 3years i don't want to spend anything on the car, I have already spent most of my savings for this car.

Yes i did consider Vento, honda City, Trendline Jetta, but none of them had 6 airbags. And my surprise the dealer says Trendline Jetta is not available only starts with comfortline.

Mileage:

The mileage display in the pic is average mileage. Honestly, After i picked up the vehicle from showroom to my home, the mileage it was showing was 10kmpl in city, i was little bit upset about the monthly fuel costs going high. When i took it to first trip. I wouldn't have bothered to take to a snap if it were to be a manual and giving me 20+kmpl, But since it is an Auto, and you don't have anything in your control to get more mileage, and had to be on it's behest, once i started seeing Average mileage going 20+kmpl, i thought i need to capture it.

Believe me it is giving me 22.3kmpl. I have been driving i20 on exactly the same path for 2 years more than 15 times, and i know how much it costs to for one trip, it has been 1900Rs = 31 liters for 700kms. It has consumed the same. See the pics ( full tank to below half tank) for 630kms, also see the mileage stayed consistent at 22.3kmpl while going for 150kms.[clap]

Here is the breakdown. Bangalore - hometown (via tirupathi) 22.3kmpl
Hometown - Bangalore (via tirupathi) 24.3kmpl

In city i am getting 13.8kmpl to 14.8kmpl, driven for 30kms. I don't have pics, i will post soon.

About Automatic:

This automatic tranny is extremely good, I was skeptic while overtaking long trucks on two lane roads, but this just excellent. It just knows when to change gears, if you tap it quickly and hold it, then it drops gear and changes to higher gears at 2000+ higher rpm, But if you tap it slowly and hold it, it changes gear every 1500rpm. ( I am still trying to analyze it).

But friends, I am skeptic here, I have noticed the the gear shifts, the spec says it is 4 speed auto, But why do i see there are 5 shifts? is this an 5 speed auto ? I have to still check it.
Anyways this Auto is giving me an excellent mileage.

I will give full ownership review of my car very soon.

Thank you guys

gandhi, yes those two are valid points, to add to that Verna has 4 additional airbags and rear disk brakes. Honda unfortunately did not include in 2014 model. [frustration]
Even I debated a lot over the above two points, but finally my past experience with Honda and general perception of Honda brand made me go for City. But its the excellent choice by Madan, no regrets at all Verna is a excellent all in one package. [clap] Very happy to note someone makes a choice based on the safety features in country where people buy the lowest variant and spend 1+ Lakhs just for accessories. [roll]
Hi, yes i did consider the new Honda city, changed my decision based on below things.
1) Skinny tyres,
2) No additional curtain air bags.
3) No Auto in Diesel.
4) Diesel refinement (NVH) levels.
5) Touch Input AC. ( it is simply a distraction from road)

What i liked in City
1) Road Handling.
2) build quality
3) And of course it is a "Honda City".
4) Sunroof.

i don't know why i was missing Honda Civic and CR-V very much.

Firstly a very warm welcome to tai madan, and i am really glad to hear all is safe with you and family. Sometimes in life incidences like this completely change our foundations and beliefs including our priorities in life.
I am glad you then went all out and picked the next choice which doesn't compromise on safety.

You got a second chance not many might get, we sometimes unconsciously don't realize that by compromising safety and saving some money we are putting our priceless near and dear ones at risk, off course we also have budgetary realities and real world economics, but I really appreciate what you did and the fact that you put a descriptive thread - if you can get one person conscious about safety and change his mind after reading this thread, I would rate it a big success, we need to be doing more of such awareness on forums.

I just hope the safety realisation dawns before it's too late, India is the worse in the world when it comes to road fatalities, I can only pity when enthusiasts make statements like airbags are no use in city - it only shows how much education is still needed. Hence all the more and once again fantastic thread and please spread this message on safety actively on the forum and make it contagious!

And to add a great thread title chosen as well
Hi Iron Rock, Thank you very much for your appreciation. Yes i just believed in my heart and took a bold step for changing the vehicle. 17.7L on Road with interest is very dear amount for me, Just spent almost all my savings on this(feel bad) but at the same time, i dare to imagine the aftermath if this really happened and no matter how much you had saved, you couldn't do anything to bring it back.

That was close... I would appreciate you on your presence of mind and the way you controlled the car. There is no substitution for the safety features. Congrats on your new buy. Thats an amazing mileage for an AT.
Thanks tai_newbie, nishant5858, ajit4u2k Mr.boss

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #13
Congrats on the purchase, Wishing you happy miles ahead.

BTW is this Avg mileage or Instant mileage? If it is the former, why do you want to take this snap while driving? You could have parked the car aside and taken loads of snaps [roll] Afterall your own safety matters.

Yes, you are right, I took this on an empty stretch of road, But even in my dreams i didn't expect to give me a such good mileage, All the reviews of 4 speed auto in verna has been max 14kmpl in highway, i was upset for sometime, until i saw this, I even i did multiple Resets on the journey, thinking it might be some error. But after reset and five minutes later, the number starts showing me from 20+kmpl.

What 22.4 kmpl for an AT Diesel Car, i cant believe. My Brothers Verna at the best has given 21.5 that too a manual tranny. I think the MID is showing instant fuel consumption.
No nishant it is average fuel consumption, I measured it with full tank, it is correctly showing ( see the pics at 135km and 686km). I have even heard verna MT diesel giving 26 -27kmpl on highway, and also 42.3kmpl on one of the Hyundai competitions.

Thread Starter #14
My New 2014 Hyundai verna CRDI SX(O) AT Ownership Review

Hi Guys,

Here is the thread of my complete Purchase and Ownership of Hyundai Verna CRDI SX(O) AT, There are very few reviews on the CRDI SX(O) AT version on the internet, I myself didn't get enough confidence in choosing CRDI AT version. So here is the breakup.

Reason to buy:

While after the eventful incident,
my view and perspective of cars have changed. I just couldn't wait to change my 3years old, 30,000kms run 2011 model i20 CRDI Magna (6 speed) MT, which did not come with ABS or Airbags. I thought of even upgrading the Tyres and cut down my speed, but that still didn't inforce me confidence of safety. When i went to service center for change of brake pads, 3 days before the incident, i saw an white color 2013 version i20 drowsed in thick dried blood everywhere inside and outside. It was completely smashed from right side. When i asked manager, he said 3 people died on spot. I wanted to take pics, to share in web, but something inside me told me not take. So with my charged mind and brave heart, i took the decision to buy the most safest car i can buy within my capacity.
Budget: Upto 15L OTR
Requirements in priority order:
1) 6 or more Airbags
2) EBS, EBD,.. etc
3) Automatic
4) Diesel -> Resale value and good mileage.
Why Automatic?
As previously said in my thread, i have seen Manual Transmission contribute some strain on the driver for long hours of curvy or two lane crowded journey.
Vehicle on the list after test drives:
1) volkswagen Jetta Trendline
Positives:

1) 6 airbags
2) Disc brakes, front and rear
3) Electronic Stability Program (ESP) including ABS with brake assist, ASR and EDL
4) Hill hold control
5) Diesel.
6) Nothing to say about build/ride quality, You know this is a Volkswagen.

Negatives:

1) Trendline out of stock, model starts with comfort-line.
1) Diesel AT only available in Highline.

Even the base model has full safety features, Hats of to Volkswagen!!

2) volkswagen Vento Highline.

Positives:

1) Not too long, not too short or wide, a compact sedan, simple looks, much preferred ride for city/Highway.
Gives a kind of confidence/pleasure even just by looking at it.

Negatives:

1) Diesel 1.6 engine is good, torquey, but NVH levels are bad.
2) No option for additional 4 airbags.
3) No EBD or rear disc brakes.
4) No AT in Diesel.
5) Spare tyre. ( What the .. ?, It is of different size! I know the difference ratio is small, but Why? that too in India ?)

3) Honda City
Postives:

1) It is a Honda City, well known brand from decades.
2) Spacious, with Sun roof.
3) Now with a diesel engine too.

Negatives
1) Skinny tyres, Why Honda?
2) Diesel Engine runs out of breath easily. ( but that's ok for me)
3) NVH levels of Vento is better than this in diesel.
4) No AT in Diesel

4) Hyundai Verna CRDI SX(O) AT
Positives:

1) 6 Airbags.
2) ABS with EBD.
3) Superb Rocket Proven Diesel Engine.
4) Excellent NVH/refinement levels of diesel engine.
5) Diesel AT with triptronic.

Negatives: Compensations
1) Ride handling. ( 2104 version has upgraded suspension, and many of them are giving good reviews about handling now). Hmm.. Hyundai listens very
well to customers.
2) AT is 4 speed Auto. ( for 128bhp you need at-least 6 speed auto, but Hyundai says 4 speed auto gear ratios are widely spread out to match).

I didn't consider
1) Maruthi Suzuki or Skoda because of Friends ASS nightmares.
2) Renault and Nissan --> I left them to establish a good reach in India first for another few years, like Hyundai. And then that will be my next choice.
3) Tata --> Build quality issues can be seen even in the display cars in showroom.
4) Mahindra --> Xuv500 was on my list, but why SUV in jammed City? and also no AT.
Booking:
April 16, 2014
Directly went to Lakshmi Hyundai Hebbal, Explained them my requirements, sicne May 2 is BasavaJayanthi or Akshaya trithya. By any means i want my vehicle delivered on that day.
Requirements;
1) Twilight Blue Hyundai Verna CRDI SX(0) AT
2) I will drive the Loan process ( my personal Bank Manager HDFC)
3) I will get the Insurance from bank Directly.
4) Free 3M Under chasis Coating.
5) Free 1 coat 3M Paint protection coating.
Why 2 & 3, Well friends the dealer unnecessarily charges you for this, I have previously done it for my i20, now i am doing it again.
I saved 15,000Rs.
How?
1) Bank processing fees Dealer charged 8000Rs, My bank charges 2500rs You save = 5,500Rs.
2) Car insurance charged by Dealer 47,790 Rs, My bank gave it to me for 37,000Rs , You save = 10,000 Rs.
The dealer, especially the sales person/executive, deny us for taking car insurance from outside. I had to directly speak with manager and insist him to
accept else i walk away for another dealer. Believe me these how they do daylight robbery with customers. You can save some money by getting the car registered by yourself, but that's fine, i don't like running around RTO(government office).
Dealership experience:
Lakshmi Hyundai Dealership Experience:
I paid 50K advance, after the sales team lead confirming on all the requirements and on the date of delivery. After a day i just called him and probed him,
where is the car, can i see it? He says it is in Chennai plant, no stock in Bangalore, and they have to just bring it, and he still blatantly promises delivery on May 2nd ( Chennai Elections on 21st April) . I felt skeptic i called another dealer Trident Hyundai, They also said, no stock in Bangalore, or in Chennai plant, they have to order it, and they can promise delivery only after MAY 15th, I tell them about Lakshmi Hyundai promise, he says he won't deliver, because all the dealer share the same database,and he assured me again he will not deliver. Hmm... quite surprising, I called Up Advaith Hyundai, asked them about the model, and said if they have it on stock, i will come and place the order, they also gave exactly the same answer. I was upset about Lakshmi Hyundai making false promises with so Confidence, then i got a call from Advaith Hyundai, saying that they have the model in Stock, which was allocated to previous customer and he withdrew because his loan didn't sanction.
I went Straight away to Advaith Hyundai, Saw the car and paid 50K advance. I honestly told team lead of Lakshmi Hyundai about the stutation he was good to understand it, and he promised to reimburse 50K without cancellation fees.
Rating:
Customer Interaction and Importance: 10/10
Technical expertise: 8/10
Delivery: 4/10, If they had car in the stock, i would rate them 9/10. But looks like he promised because they want badly sales.
Advaith Hyundai Dealership experience:
After the booking, The sales manager promises to get the teflon and under chasis coating done, I also spoke with accessories guy for up modulator and seat cover which they promised will be done on delivery.
After the payment was made and the Loan sanctioned, The sales manager is blatantly not accepting the calls, i called 3 to 5 times and even messaged but no response. 3 days before delivery the sales executive argues with me that i have to take the insurance from dealer only, I told her i had already spoken to manager, if you argue with me or do not agree, i will cancel this deal and report this issue to consumer court for penalty. After some time she calls back and agrees to give the VIN and chassis number to my bank.
On Delievery Day:
May 2nd 2014,
Since sales manager has decided not to entertain my calls, i have to speak with the sales executive only. I informed her about my time of arrival, and if everything is ready, she says, yes sir please come. OK.
At 5:45PM
I see the car standing there :) and getting cleaned ??, I ask the SE, she says, no it is already cleaned, they are just dusting off. It is fully crowded there almost Jam packed. The SE shows the car and says sir teflon coating and Under chassis coating is done, But when i touched the surface it is not smooth, i asked her again, she says it is done. OK, i take the delivery of the car, the guy with iPad comes and takes the photo of me, car and my sis in evening( what nonsense). I ask him for the hard copy they say, no hardcopy sir, we will mail it.
What about Up-modulator and Seat cover?, yes sir it is done, Ok show me. Then she calls the technician and asks him to show the demo, which it does not work, he call a senior technician and then the accessories guy, and final conclusion was it was not fitted. They tell me to come tomorrow with the car!
After delivery i took the car to temple, did puja and took it home, next day i took the car to showroom again, got the up-modulator and seat cover, just while returning to home why not visit 3M Car Care for inspection, To my surprise the 3M guy says, sir there is no under chassis coating done or teflon coating done. I said how much will it cost, sir 8000Rs. Ok get it done, Along with CR70 on front wind shield total cost 14500RS.
Rating:
Customer Interaction and Importance: 2/10
Technical expertise: 1/10
Delievery: 0/10.
I get mail after few days, and guess what i get a link to some app, which i click, it will go to some website, which asks permissions to access my facebook and gmail account details. I replied them to send the photo as an attachment for which i still didn't get it. ( May 17)
Verdict: Worst Experience Ever, Never Go to this dealer on MG Road.
About the CAR:
I had a trip to kadapa on May 10 2014, total kms covered 770kms,
Mileage Average 22.4Kmpl on journey of 700kms
City Average 14.3kmpl for 60kms
What i like about the vehicle
1) Has 6 air bags, ABS and EBD.
2) The suspension is been upgraded in 2014 model, it is stiff and feels very planted on road.
3) Fantastic Mileage of 22.4Kmpl, against 13-14kmpl mentioned in auto reviews.
4) Spacious boot.
5) Eagle eye headlamps for more aggressive looks.
7) Ionizer in AC. --> Gives fresh air the moment you switch it on, even in the presence of full plastic and leather smell in new car.
I heard it kills harmful substances like bacteria and fungus in air which is harmful for small kids.

One thing to notice, it feels a little bit bigger in terms of height compared to 2013 verna.

Early Verdict friends: choosing AT was a bold step for me, there are no much reviews on this, But trust me in this car 4 speed Auto is just fantastic, it is giving me excellent mileage and ride comfort. This Auto gearbox is tuned for this car power output, and i feel it is infact different from old verna AT box.

Some pics attached of my Old i20 and new verna
I will keep updating this thread as i do more miles in my Car.
Any comments will be appreciated, Thanks for reading
MADAN

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
God's Grace you people escaped from a tragedy. Thank God.
But how come you were only considering Hyundai Vehicles alone. Whether you test drove any other cars before buying these Cars.

Top Bottom