Maruti Alto LX 2007 Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Alto-LX – 2007 Model
19-Feb-2007
48000Km Approx Till Date

A New white puppy comes to my house that is Maruti Alto LX. I was very happy because own an car is just a dream for us. I am 1991 Born that time I was kid and don’t know much more about this automotive and all its accessories
That time my father just setup Kenwood music player with 2 Pioneer Co-axial speakers .That music player at that time don’t have AUX and USB Function, Just simple CD Receiver and FM too
As time going I was growing up and my Alto also getting old

I use Formula 1 car Wax and a leather polish to clean up Exterior and Interior respectively

I was too much bored with my simple alto so I wish to use after market OVRM and installed to my alto. This is my First DIY.I buy these OVRM for Rs 1500
Then I install A louder Dual car horn. One of my friend helps me in this. I but it for Rs 400

In 2010 I learn Car Driving and practice it on my Alto and with time I learn a lot of things in driving and experience was good
In between my speakers got completely off and I Installed Pioneer 400W Power Co-Axial Speakers from the market and the sound was superb
Also installed Auto Cop Central Locking system in my Alto for Rs 3000
Few Days back my HU was completely off and I move to Pioneer model and I love it. Sound was superb by him
Pioneer deh-x1690ub
2 Boston Front Speakers mounted in Dashboard
Also changed my Front Headlights with Super White Bulb
Wheel Caps are also changed with New Design

Review
Interiors

As this is 2007 model this was some time a little bit boring but I love it because I take care of my dashboard time to time
Speedometer lights are already changed to red [Source TAI DIY Section]

Exterior
Exterior was not so sporty but the way this cutie looks like is just awesome

Performance
Those Who love high performance in engine like high torque and high HP then I recommend them not to buy Alto, The Alto is for Mild Peoples who love to drive in a safe and easy manner .High Speed 90-100 After 90 Alto Starts Vibrating and the Steering get out of control and we have to reduce down our speed as this may effects engine

Comfort
Those who are Tall they will never feel comfortable in alto as roof touched your head when you sit in the car and also you have to place your seat to extreme end position so that you can comfortably control the pedal control. My height is 5’11” and I feel uncomfortable in Alto

Suspension
Suspension was good but not as best as like in new cars. I drive Swift, i20, i10. They Have Better Suspension but Budget matters boss

Tyres
Maruti Installed MRF tyres in their cars and I am totally unsatisfied with their performance. Use Michelin or Bridgestone. They are far better

Attachments

Last edited:
Nicely maintained car[clap]. Very good review.
Has your car equipped with I-CAT system? I am also owner of a oct,2007 model Alto Lx.
BTW i am also 5’11” with 78 kgs weight, but feels comfortable in my car. [:D]

Last edited:
Man, the car is awessome and good choice of wheelcaps! Michelin is a lot better as compared to bridgestone or MRF.

Thanks,
Srikanth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #4
Nicely maintained car[clap]. Very good review.
Has your car equipped with I-CAT system? I am also owner of a oct,2007 model Alto Lx.
BTW i am also 5’11” with 78 kgs weight, but feels comfortable in my car. [:D]
My weight is little bit more than you [lol] but when i sit i placed my sitting position to the extreme end and no body can sit behind me :p ..thx for the comments. What's this iCat System ? I always read on the rear mirrors in some cars that "My Car Is Cats Protected"

Man, the car is awessome and good choice of wheelcaps! Michelin is a lot better as compared to bridgestone or MRF.

Thanks,
Srikanth.
Thanks for the comments.Yes michelin is too much better then MRF. running on MRF feels like some resistance in car but running with michelin is a far smoother and better

Today I got delivery of Fog Lamps which i order from Ebay Through JazzMyRide.com .The best funny thing is that i ordered for the fog lamps and the box in which they placed are Od Car Armrest Console [clap] Check Pictures

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
What's this iCat System ? I always read on the rear mirrors in some cars that "My Car Is Cats Protected"
It is stock anti theft system(immobilizer) provided from Maruti.
I asked you after saw your car keys.
Lots of accessories [:D] means lots of DIYs[clap]

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments.Yes michelin is too much better then MRF. running on MRF feels like some resistance in car but running with michelin is a far smoother and better
Yes, I agree:agree:! I am using Michelin Primacy 3ST on my SX4 zxi now and the ride quality is smooth and verycomfortable!

Today I got delivery of Fog Lamps which i order from Ebay Through JazzMyRide.com .The best funny thing is that i ordered for the fog lamps and the box in which they placed are Od Car Armrest Console [clap] Check Pictures
Funny thing[lol]! Then the person who ordered the car armrest would be given the fog lamps box. It had just been a small mistake while packaging.

Anyways, congrats on your alto and congrats on your accessories!

Thanks,
Srikanth.

Thread Starter #7
It is stock anti theft system(immobilizer) provided from Maruti.
I asked you after saw your car keys.
Lots of accessories means lots of DIYs[clap]
No That is Autocop Central locking system.There is no Anti Theft System in my Car.How much it costs us . u know it ?

Yes, I agree:agree:! I am using Michelin Primacy 3ST on my SX4 zxi now and the ride quality is smooth and verycomfortable!

Funny thing! Then the person who ordered the car armrest would be given the fog lamps box. It had just been a small mistake while packaging.

Anyways, congrats on your alto and congrats on your accessories!

Thanks,
Srikanth.
Packaging mistake Yes it was.But all this shows There Management . Also the products listed on jazzmyride is too much costly.we get the same products on another online sites with low cost [anger]

No That is Autocop Central locking system.There is no Anti Theft System in my Car.How much it costs us . u know it ?
I was talking about your car key only not that autocop remote.
My car is iCATS protected [;)] factory fitted. Some models of Autocop central locking comes with immobilizer option. You can go for that if yours is without that.[:)]
Don't know cost of OEM .
BTW your diagram for fog lamps installation
IMG_20140515_092425.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
I was talking about your car key only not that autocop remote.
My car is iCATS protected [;)] factory fitted. Some models of Autocop central locking comes with immobilizer option. You can go for that if yours is without that.[:)]
Don't know cost of OEM .
BTW your diagram for fog lamps installation
View attachment 134938
No There is no Immobilizer,Mine is After Market Locking System.Will ask my Mechanic
Thanks for The Fog Lamp Diagram .One more Question,Sorry i was disturbing you.What about Fuse ? Connection to Fuse Box ?

Thread Starter #11
Yes you can connect it to fuse box or purchase single fuse holder from market. View attachment 134951
Ok Bro.This Disconnect power if more power comes..Right ?
Saroya Today I Installed Fog Lamps but i see when i attach the wire with +ve Terminal It Starts Producing Smoke And Heat Up Too much,This is because ? Chk Pics I Add one Pic Of the Wire

Attachments

Ok Bro.This Disconnect power if more power comes..Right ?
Saroya Today I Installed Fog Lamps but i see when i attach the wire with +ve Terminal It Starts Producing Smoke And Heat Up Too much,This is because ? Chk Pics I Add one Pic Of the Wire
That's because of wrong connection . Connect the wires other way( red wire of fog lamps to ground)
It will work .[:D]

Thread Starter #13
[cry] not enough time now to open.exam on sunday.getting prepared after that i will do..There are two wires on the back of fog lamps one is coated with a iron plate and one is simple one.Which one to be ground

[cry] not enough time now to open.exam on sunday.getting prepared after that i will do..There are two wires on the back of fog lamps one is coated with a iron plate and one is simple one.Which one to be ground
Just try connecting opposite wires. One wire on fag lamps has connector pin, try connecting it to posite wire.

Top Bottom