Hi fellow petrol Heads,
Its Long time since I posted a reply or started a thread in TAI
My Maruti 800 A.K.A Little Rocket Deserves this thread.
It was happened in the month of March 2008. That time we had a second hand PAL PAdmini Petro with LPG conversionl. It was an amezing car never the less. But One fine evening it made us straned in the middle of the road. That time it was 12 years old. After towing it back to home me & my Dad decided to go for a new car. I will not tell you that we had many options in our mind. It will be a lie.
I was casualy checking the price of the Brand new M800 & Alto Lx. I got a irresistable offer for M800 from one dealer. Told my Dad about the offer. He told me to go ahead and book the car. I was looking for the Red Colour. But from the family everybody was inclined towards Silver. Our bad luck Silver was not available. Only three choices. Icy cool blue, Carebian Blue & Red. Finally booked with Icy cool Blue which was little blueish Silver kind.
We took the delivery of this little rocket on 24th April 2008. It was realy a happy memory since it is the first brand new car in our family. Unfortunetly no Pics of it .
The car is not big n space or Engine But will serve the purpose of a middle class family. Will take you out under the sun & wil protect you from the rain. in addition to that it keeps you cool with its decent A/C.
In the begining i was getting a mileage of 22Kmpl. ( New car so didn't push its limits). Gradualy i started to push the car to its limts. My average speed would be 80-90Kmph. I take the car only for the Trip from Chennai to Salem in NH only. Very Rarely i use in inside city since i am more comfortable in my bike then my car. Now my Little Rocket is giving an average of 17-18Kmpl.
There is no point discussing pros & cons here since everybody knows about M800.
The Likes about my M800 are as follows
1. Car is very practical for a daily commuter.
2. Driving is fun compared to the other compact cars like wagen R or santro. I am in the car industry for almost a decade now. I drove almost all brand b, c & D segment cars. Stil it thrills me on the control in speeds above 100Kmph. It is on its own league. I personaly owned Tata Indca, Ford Ikon & Fiat Palio FOR TWO YEARS EACH.
3. The engine is not refined and smooth. But i like it that way. i Closed the meter (150Kmph as per car's speedo, still some power left but ran out of highway to check it)
4. Light on pocket on what ever be the problem.( half engine costs 12-13 k only)
5. brakes are good. but could have been better.( i Fixed the Brake booster to sove the issue, Now i am so confident on my stopping power)
6. Economical while coming to the mileage part. The worst i got was 14Kmpl @ speeds over 100Kmph. the best was 21-22Kmpl @60-70Kmph
The things i wish for in my car
1. Ground clearance would have been better. they say it is 170mm on spec sheet. but in reality it is 120-130nwhen two on board with luggages.
2. Tyres are tiny. the grip is not inspiring in corners in the begining. but once you start taking input from the car then its all magic.
3. Light wegiht makes it go flying in highways with some sudden gradiant change.
4.Boot space is nex to nothing.so had to opt for roof carrier.
5. interiors are bare basic. but functional. (what you pay is what you get)
Now all my weekend attention wil be given to this little rocket. This will be my guinea pig for all my DIY.
.I will keep you guys updated about all service expences DIYs & Mods in this very thread.
Please find some pictures taken today after a waterwash.