Driving Experience and ownership experience:
I am flattened by the high speed dynamics of this car. It’s a heavy and solid built beast and they way it picks up and once you are in the turbo range every inch the accelerator goes down you can feel the fun. Now since it’s a old engine and diesel the engine noise is quite audible when the car is still but once you hit the highway, the noise level goes down.
The doors, hood and the trunk are really heavy and the steering is bit on the harder side. The next good thing about this beast is the FE. On the highways I have attained 3-3.5-4 L/100 km. Next the ride quality is just amazing it glides over potholes and high speed stability is really good and one of the factors for this is the weight of the car.
The drivers seating position is really good. There are so many options available to set your perfect driving position using the Tilt and Telescopic steering wheel. Adjusting the driver’s seat and the height of the driver seat. Both the driver and passenger seats height can be adjusted. But the rear legroom gets bit cramped if the front seats are occupied by 6” plus
Another plus point of this vehicle is the massive boot. I have fitted a JBL bass tube and even after fitting that there is loads of empty space left. Will post the pics. What I like:
- German engineering – 1.9TDi engine
- Front Airbags
- Good FE
- Tank like built quality
- Quality of material used inside – Dashboard and all buttons.
- Power windows
- Tinted glass
- Chiller AC
- Huge Trunk ( I have JBL bass tube fitted in the trunk and still there is loads of space)
- Height adjustable driver and passenger seat
- Tilt and Telescopic Steering What I don’t like:
- Steering on the harder side
- Rear legroom is bit cramped but not bad.
- Skoda A.S.S ..lol (Though I am not taking my CAR to skoda ASS
but still). My brother wanted to get a diagnostic check in his Octavia and they told him that it will cost 2500/-. I got it done for him for Rs 0/- only.
- Light throw was not that good: But taken care off. (Installed a relay).
- Braking could have been better. Things that I got done:
1. Sony XAV - 65 (Touch Screen HU) - Rs 12,500
2. WorldTech Reverse Cam - Rs 1000
3. WordTech 2 Channel Amp (3400 watts) - Rs 2300
4. JBL Bass Tube 1100 Watts - Rs 3500 - This would cost between 5000-6500 in market.
5. Roots VIP horns - Rs 1650 /-
2. 1. Ball Joint -
2. Tire Rod Ends -
3. Tire Rod - Item 1-3 Total Rs 2500/-
4. Axle boot - Rs 300/-
5. Engine Oil - Rs 3500/- (Oil used was BOSCH 5W-40 100% synthetic)
5. Diesel Filter - Rs 500/-
6. Mobile Filter - Rs 250/-
7. Air Filter - Checked and cleaned. Didn't require to be changed.
8. Injectors checked and cleaned. - Free of Cost
9. labor - Rs 200/-
TOTAL: Rs 28250/- Things need to be taken care off:
- Doors are making squeaking noise, so I will be replacing the entire door beadings.
- Rear parcel tray is kinda loose so it makes noise when driven over potholes. So have to get it fixed.
Pics coming up soon...