Skoda Rapid 1.6TDi CR MT Elegance Ultima Candy White - The White Monster!

Thread Starter #1
So finally the date arrived! it was a beautiful Friday morning and an auspicious day too. It was akshaya thritya! since the showroom was some 80km from our hometown,we started at around 7:30am. We were 6 members in total , took our accent and i10 . We reached the showroom after breakfast in a hotel at 9:00am. None of the Sales representatives or the managers arrived. One a security guard and cleaners were there. They welcomed us ,asked us to wait in the customer lounge and offered lemon tea . How could I sit and wait! I couldnt control myself!, went out and took my camera from i10. Fixed the nice 18-55mm kit lens! As there was no one to stop me to theur Yard. I jumped into in through the service bay exit! Oh My bad luck! I see a lot of Rapids neatly parked there! Thankgod the spoilers helped me! He was standing quietly next to a Santro. I clicked some pics there. then 2 office guys came there to make him ready for delivery . I asked them to put the car in different positions and clicked a few pics. I also did a silent PDI there. The car was not washed. I rang up to my sales executive and asked him why the car is still not ready for delivery. He apologized and made all arrangements as quick as possible. All ready by 10am. But the guy who went to by garland and lemon didn't turn up. so we decided to take delivery without those as the good time ends by 10:30am. The sales executive Nallathambi, who got really close with our family, handed over the Keys, RTO certificates and insurance papers to my grandpa , then my grandpa handed over those to my dad. we took the car out for a short ride to a temple. After the formal pooja at a Ganapathi temple near by I got the keys! we took the car to a near by location where singam tamil movie was shot, and I clicked a few pics of rapid along side accent. there ends my delivery story!
A MILLION THANKS TO TAI MEMBERS AND TEAM FOR HELPING ME CHOOSING THE RIGHT RIDE.
here is the link to the car hunt thread

let me quickly put those pros and cons along with the feature that comes along

The Ultima Kit
  • Garmin nuvi 2565 LM GPS with Wifi Camera (a separate review will be coming in the next post)
  • Skoda reverse parking sensor
  • Ultima leatherette Seat covers
  • Ultima Sill guards
  • Ultima floor mats
  • Ultima graphics (I asked the dealer to put only on the side and not on the roof,hood and dickey )

Pros
  • Projector headlights (its manual levelling Halogens)
  • center arm rest
  • almost nill in cabin NVH
  • rear spacing
  • no noticeable tyre noise ( apolla alnec 185/60/r15 is just prefect)
  • RD 320 stock radio. it supports iPod connectivity and Bluetooth audio quality is great
  • good steering response and suspensions ( i feel the suspensions are some 5% better than accent)
  • tilt and telescopic steering adjustment
  • LEDs in number plate lamps (its direct from Audi)
  • theatre dimming lights the works with the remote
  • window up and down with remote
  • Climatronic AC and rear vent
  • power window and HU works with out ACC turned ON , the Power window works for some 5 min after ACC turns off

Cons
  • missing the skoda type horns
  • lumbar support is not that great
  • No electonic foldable ORVM
  • Rear vents cant be closed

Accessories i got from dealer
  • Wurth Sunfilm
  • full interior PVC mat
  • Spoilers
  • Gel perfume
  • Sai Baba Hangings for IRVM

I guess this is the 1st Rapid in TAI with projectors [;)]
excuse me! i will post the interior pics and other pics some times later.

Attachments

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Congrats! Your excitement is quite evident from the writeup. The car's looking neat with subtle modifications. Keep us updated with more snaps and aftersales experiences.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Congrats Shibu for your new Rapid !![clap]

Wish to see more pics soon. Some how I feel that black line along the side panels spoiled the great look of the car, but need to see more side angle pics from you as I may be wrong here.

Congrats on your Rapid Sai.Welcome to 1.6 TDI monster club and VAG club.Rapid looks hot with those stripes.BTW,where is Nano in the trio pic?And,this is the most awaited ownership review from you.You are the first one for buying Rapid with projectors.

Last edited:
Congratulations on the new car, Shibu. My friend bought the same car two weeks back, in silver though.
Have loads of fun with your car. I am still absolutely loving my Vento to bits.
BTW, does the Rapid come with two remote keys or only one? I read somewhere that they give only one remote key and that the spare key is a normal key?

Thread Starter #10
Congrats on your Rapid Sai.Welcome to 1.6 TDI monster club and VAG club.Rapid looks hot with those stripes.BTW,where is Nano in the trio pic?And,this is the most awaited ownership review from you.You are the first one for buying Rapid with projectors.
Nano is in coimbatore and we took delivery in tirunelveli. i could bring nano in to the Trio next month only and accent already left the trio.

Congratulations on the new car, Shibu. My friend bought the same car two weeks back, in silver though.
Have loads of fun with your car. I am still absolutely loving my Vento to bits.
BTW, does the Rapid come with two remote keys or only one? I read somewhere that they give only one remote key and that the spare key is a normal key?
yes , one key is remote, other is normal.[anger] does vento come with 2 remote key?

sharing some pic i took with my iPhone5
1.the projectors!
IMG_4605.jpg

2.boot Lid spoiler (4000rs for spoilers 3500rs for painting)
its just clipped to the boot edges. no drilling required on the boot
IMG_4610.jpg

3.side view for the black ultima sticker
IMG_4611.jpg

4.List of cars in the dealer's yard. most of the cars here are Rapid. they are selling 15 rapids and 2-3 octavia in a month. some cars for service are also there. the Yeti in the middle is the TD car.
IMG_4612.jpg

5.the Keys to fire my Monster! silicone cover from Ebay.
IMG_4618.jpg

6. Climatronic AC. it switches off recirculation mode when staring and goes back to recirculation mode once the required temperature is reached. i dont know if this is common.
IMG_4628.jpg

7.LED lights on the number plate
IMG_4637.jpg

8.rear legroom with front seats fully pushed back.
IMG_4640.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
Pics contd..

9.Garmin GPS in Map mode
not that user friendly. Getting used to this. will post review once i'm completely ok with this.
IMG_4626.jpg

10. Garmin GPS in reverse camera mode.
i already told that the camera works in Wifi. the holder holding the stand is actully the wifi receiver

read more here in the official Garmin site

that is not the exact model i have in my ride

IMG_4627.jpg

11.Light throw. High beam + low beam + foglamps
IMG_4635.jpg

12.Light throw. Low beam + foglamps
IMG_4636.jpg

13. the green interiors!
IMG_4638.jpg

Congratulations and Happy Motoring. Lovely car.

Regarding the ACC issue, The re-circulation doesn't work with Auto Mode so, its best to keep it off and set temperature according to the required level. If you dont find AC cooling quick, re-circulation and Face mode buttons should be pressed. And i must say that in every car, cooling is slower in Fresh Air Mode then Re-Circulation Mode.

Congratulations for your new acquisition buddy.[clap]

Your Rapid is looking just awesome in that white shade with those black graphics.

Also once you get used to the GPS it will piece of cake for you to use it. GArmin is one of the best GPS devices available in the market today.

Wishing you miles of happiness and niggle free ownership.

Thread Starter #15
Congratulations and Happy Motoring. Lovely car.

Regarding the ACC issue, The re-circulation doesn't work with Auto Mode so, its best to keep it off and set temperature according to the required level. If you dont find AC cooling quick, re-circulation and Face mode buttons should be pressed. And i must say that in every car, cooling is slower in Fresh Air Mode then Re-Circulation Mode.
when i press face mode it goes to manual mode. and if i reduce the temp, air flows through the foot vents.

Congratulations for your new acquisition buddy.[clap]

Your Rapid is looking just awesome in that white shade with those black graphics.

Also once you get used to the GPS it will piece of cake for you to use it. GArmin is one of the best GPS devices available in the market today.

Wishing you miles of happiness and niggle free ownership.
GPS is asking for coordinates instead of place search. as of now, im using this GPS device just for reverse cam [:)]

Top Bottom