The New Tata Indica V2 LS Whitey

Thread Starter #1
Hello dear Friends,

Hope you all are doing fine.

I am back in my beloved TAI after a long gap,but still I was anonymously following you all[:)].Previously I had posted a thread "Restoring 1988 Maruti 800" almost one and a half year back which due to unavoidable circumstances and excessive maintenance cost we had to dump it down for only Rs.32 k.Also Bhubaneswar has become very strict on vehicle rules and regulations,got caught by traffic Mamu's at least dozen of times due to faulty papers.
So decided to farewell the 80's beauty and after many discussions and arguments with family and friends and bought a new Indica V2 LS model.This decision may be little awkward for people out here but literally I am more of a "Dieselhead" rather than a petrol head because of some reasons.Its not that I dont love petrol cars but diesel gives more charm to me perhaps I love the smell of smoke [:D].

I dont know whats the issue with TATA motors that they are repeating the same specifications or else just interchanging the engine and body of same Indica again and again,but still the market of Indica ahead of anything since last two decades.

So I decided to opt for one,my first choice was Indigo but as my salary,DP and EMI mismatched to own a INDIGO ECS,I decided to go for its smaller sibling.
Nothing new in the new Indica.Same old wine in old bottle but one thing I liked in the wheels is the strongest braking system I had ever experienced.Believe me the vacuum brake is the best in its segment.Other one is the A/C which will chill your spine in only one and a half minutes.So finally after negotiations with dealer on July 18th 2013 I bought the whitey home.

Till date it has done 23 K kilometers and got all the free services done.

Down payment :-1,62,000

EMI :- 8694 + Linked Insurance Rs.1271

Total :- Rs. 9965

Term :- 4 years

Yes, Just a few modifications (DIY) done to my new whitey.

Roof rails :-Rs.750

Window Visors :-Rs.500

Door Guards :- Rs. 450

Arrow Head (Must in a Indica,Indigo) :-Rs.150

Half Wheel Caps (Tata Genuine ):- Rs.830

Definitely , I have felt it, a car like Indica is a headturner if you do some simple mods and I just want to get a set of alloys and spoilers for my next mod.Saving 10 % of my small salary for the same. Interior is just the same as ever,I dont understand why Tata is so lazy to upgrade the interiors of this legend.

I decided to purchase the model without the odd looking mudguard plastic bits because it never looked good,also it cracks within a few years giving the car a more nasty look.

The a/c controls are without a temperature adjuster which is regulated by engine auto tune according to temperature.So you will find the engine increase and decrease its RPM on its own depending upon the cabin temperature.
Here is the image.

Actually I was interested to go for the one with black interiors but due to unavailability I was forced to go for light brown instead. The analog cum digital console has literally every necessary gadgets for use and it looks good also.

Gear lever is positioned very nicely according to my long hands,also legroom is one of the finest in this segment.With a height of 6 feet also I can easily move on inside the cabin from front to rear seat and vice versa as if I am in a tent.
This model is carries low amount of torque,,BHP and hence city driving i little bit sleepy,but at highway you can easily overtake almost any 6 lakh car at 70-100 KMPH.

Mileage is an amazing 18 kmpl in city and 22 in higway,believe me saves bucks for a good Dominos treat. Engine is without a turbocharger and Heat sink,then also i love revving it.[evil]

IMG_20131101_075902.jpg

images (3).jpg

images (5).jpg

images (4).jpg

images.jpg

images (6).jpg

Re: The New Indica V2 LS Whitey

Congrats on your indica.[clap]Nice review,waiting for the pics.

Congratulations on your Indica .If maintained it can easily run till 2 Lakh Kilometers .

Ankit

Thread Starter #4
Thanks@ ankit.
Definitely that is a positive thing about this car.One of my friend has done 2.63 lacs till date and still the car wants more.

Thread Starter #5
I am going a long drive on sunday starting from Bhubaneswar to a place call Bolangir(370 KM) which is known to be the hottest place in eastern India where the temperature in summer rises upto 45°C.Hope my cars a/c will not harrass me.

One of the good looking indicas that i have seen recently. [clap]
We too have purshased a Bs3 Indica LX recently replacing the petrol one.
The ACs of all tata cars are known to be chillers (right from Nano to Aria) so i believe it will keep you comfortable through out the journey.
Wish you a happy and memorable trip and do share your travel experiences with photos post the trip.

Thread Starter #9
Now exteriors..

I have fitted aftermarket Minda foglamps which does its job quite well & a extra push switch there.Mirrors are also aftermarket after the factory fitted (only Driver side) broke in a small collision with a santro[anger]
Frankly speaking the standard tyres are not according to my need also it looks like any other Nylon tyre

Attachments

Thread Starter #10
Now interiors,

Bad plastics with no provision of glovebox lock.Headlight adjuster is a good option but more preciseness needed.
Steering is two spoke and provides clear view of console.
What you all think is the 4 spoke one better or this one ?

Attachments

Thread Starter #13
Thank you @linkin [:)]

Yes this is what I wanted to say there are not enough owners of Indica out here even if the car has more than 15 variants since the year 2k.
Todays trip was cancelled[cry] due to unavoidable reasons,planning to hit the NH & SH on this Thursday.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14
The only problem which I faced at 15000 Km's was the Rattling sound for Gear lever which after 4 visits to TASS was able to overcome.
The reason was one of my friends(A NOVICE DRIVER) had accidentally engaged reverse gear instead of 4th[frustration] ,well he says so but I think it was due to numerous wrong/harsh shifts in 100 km ride,because in manual it has been written that there is some kind of preventive mechanism for this i.e engaging from 4th to reverse.

Top Bottom