Ownership update at 1400kms:
Each passing mile I fall more and more for the Car.
Sometimes I just gaze into her eyes and thank her for lighting up the night so wonderfully.
At times I feel some areas could have been better executed but looking at my landlord's 2007 Waggie (parked right beside mine) I let that thought go.
Here are some highlights from my side... The "could've been better" bits
1. Below 1500rpm there is absolutely no grunt and the engine is to be kept above 1500rpm at traffic to keep from stalling. BTW
love the engine response and linear power delivery of the Ritz's bigger engine.
2. Door handles could have been pull out type like the Swift/Ritz etc. instead of the current flap type.
3. A/C controls are very outdated. MSIL could have provided a bit modern ones.
4. Rear wiper spray is very dismal. no spray comes out, just a slow stream comes down. Can other Wagon R users please confirm how is the rear wiper spray of their cars?
5. Too much road noise from the otherwise nice Goodyear GT3 tyres.
6. Door pockets, cubby holes are not much usable due to their small sizes. I couldn't even find a proper place to keep a 500ml Fanta bottle.
7. A engine protector below the engine could have been a nice touch(like in the Fiat Linea).
8. Radio antenna too outdated.
9. 15" wheels would have accentuated the looks along with better drivability.
10. 3pot engine tends to get harsh on higher revs.
Maybe I am asking too much at the price point of the car but these things could have been implemented for a better value. The Good bits
1. Night drives on the highway are a breeze because of the dual headlamp setup.
2. Braking is decent so is the grip.
3. Nice music system from Nippon with good sound quality as compared to older Wagon Rs.
4. Spacious cabin.
5. Very Nice driving position.
6. Very efficient K10B engine.
7. Boot space is on the low side but the foldable rear seats makes up for it.
8. Tilt steering feature is a good touch.
9. Nice to drive around in the city.
10. Big glasshouse so outside view is good and the cabin is airy inspite of the all black interiors.
11. Alloy design is good.
Dear Wagon R owners please share your views and suggestions as to what you feel about your car and what have you added/done to accessorize.
My few accessories:
1. 12v socket voltmeter.
2. Analogue thermometer and hygrometer just for the looks.
3. Planned: LED bulbs to replace the fog, reverse, pilot and licence plate lights and windshield mobile mount.
4. Jopasu duster and microfiber cloth to keep her clean.
5. Waxpol dashboard polish and silicon car polish.
6. 12v mobile charger.
7. Amway car shampoo.