Hunt for a car
I was contemplating buying a new car in the budget of 8-9 lakhs. It had to have Airbags, ABS
,Bluetooth,Auto Climate Control,Big Boot.Had a few in mind : Polo
- Nice premium hatchback.I just loved the exteriors and the brand.But decided against it because of few after sales issues reported by my well-wishers. Amaze
- Almost confirmed this but the interiors put me off and also some of my required features didn't feature in this car. Honda City
- Loved this car but parking woes and the base model didn't carry the features I wanted Grand i10
- I had actually given my accent for servicing when I came across this car as it was newly launched then. I asked the sales person for a test drive. I just loved each and every aspect of the car. The ride, the features and all fitting in my budget too.At the same time, I also came to know that Hyundai will launch a grand i10 sedan very soon. I confirmed the same with the sales guy and the waiting period started. First Look
- Auto expo happened where I saw the car unveiled in pics. My first thoughts were that it may not have been the best looking car but not an ugly too. No doubt my accent was a looker.I was quite happy with the looks overall. Interiors - I had already seen in Grand i10 so quite happy that they kept the same. I was even more happy to know that they have included the ACC too which were in my requirements list. Pricing
- I just hoped they priced it well as I had already made up my mind for the purchase. And to my satisfaction, they did price it very well.I booked the same day the prices were out and the dealer was taking the booking.
It did take a while to land in the showrooms. Eventually when it did, I was quite happy to see it in real. Few things that made me happy were the leg room at the rear seats, the reclined seats for better comfort, rear view camera which I was supposed to put anyway , the visibility and the alloys. Test Drive -
The most important part in my decision. I loved the car outlook and all but for my final decision , I had to be comfortable in a test drive. And boy it was. I am not a car enthusiast but a sedate driver who loves to enjoy low rev rather than pushing it for speed.The car music has to be good along with good suspension for a smooth ride and it should be hassle free.All I found in this car. Ownership Experience
- Special appreciation goes to Hyundai Customer Relationship especially to Mr Satej Rivonkar(Goa Hyundai) for making a hassle free experience of owning a car. Right from my first chat with him in owning this car to the delivery , he has been exceptional. At every stage he has informed me and provided all necessary information required to carry out all formalities. He said I would be getting the car next week. however the truck arrived much earlier to my delight and he sped up the formalities especially RTO to avoid a 3 day holiday block.
Hyundai has probably earned a loyal customer simply because of its Pre Sales and After Sales Service. I owned an accent before where I never had any issues with regards to service. D- Day
Finally the day arrived. Lots of xtreme xcitement to own my new XCENT. As soon as I entered the car it gave me all comforts I wanted in the car. The ride was smooth.The engine is well refined. No niggles whatsoever. Terrific suspension. Hyundai has really worked on this aspect. Butter smooth Gear shift. My test drive car brakes had some bite and I was thinking I had to get used to the braking. However my own car , I had no issues whatsoever. They were as I wanted them to be. The best part was the insulation. Its so well insulated that I can barely hear the noise outside. It me and my world with my fav music playing. The only drawback that I found was the horn. You can hardly hear it. Its adequate but not much audible.The interiors finish is simply awesome. It looks really upmarket. Have seen a lot many people complain about the Grand i10 AC. However this one really cools well. I was actually finding it a bit high. The GC is good.You have a height adjuster that helps.Very good all round visibility.
Thanks to HYUNDAI and Goa Hyundai for this wonderful experience.
If you are looking for a VFM
and all round car, this should be the one for you.
Now for some pictures