Honda Accord Euro!!!

Thread Starter #1
First of all big thanks to codename47 for patiently answering my various queries. [clap]

I am currently residing in Sydney, Australia and my journey so far can be viewed on the below thread:

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/voyage-junction/13959-australian-diary.html

In brief, I moved to Australia August 2013, got the job, wife joined me in November, she got the job. Then I got my driving license and now story begins here. [;)]

Buying Process

As soon as I got my Australian Driving license, now a desire to own and drive car on Australian roads was killing me inside. So started looking out for the car in pre owned market.

Checked out few cars:

Nissan Pulsar: This car was 2012 model, it had all the bells and whistle and was just drove 21k KMs. Test drove the car, the CVT transmission on the car was nice and smooth, no gear shifts nothing. After test drive sat on table with SA and he quoted price $20K and my budget was just 10k-12k. SA was hell bent to sell this car, he gave me final quote of 18K plus few freebies, but it was way out of my budget. So told him I will call you later and then never called him. :-P

Toyota Aurion: This time I went with my wife and we liked this Toyota Aurion. Aurion is basically a V6 camry. Test drove, it was powerful, power available at tap of accelerator. After TD sat on table with SA and he quoted 14k. After much of bargaining he came down till 13K. Car was 2010 model and already done 110K KMs. Posted query on local forums and people suggested against it and also codename47 suggested that there will be minimum 3k cost extra for registration and transfer. Although we got the finance approved form the bank, me and wifey thought and decided not to buy this one.

So after this Aurion chapter was over, we decided to buy some cheaper car for 5k-6k and use it for year or two and then go for better car.

Suddenly I saw the ad on automotive website about 2010 Aurion that has clocked only 37K KMs. Got the contact of a good mechanic and me and wifey and mechanic reached there to check the car. Mechanic checked the car in and out and claimed that car has been into accident and repaired. When asked for service history and log books, they dint have any. SO mechanic suggested not to buy that one.

Sadly came back home and started searching for car under 5k-6k with high odometer reading. Search went on for few days and found one decent looking 2005 Nissan Pulsar.

2005 Nissan Pulsar: Went to the dealer next day, checked the car, it was in decent condition. All papers clear. Test drove the same and was nice to drive. ODO reading was 193,xxx KMs. dealer was giving me 3 years warranty on certain parts and labour. Called my mechanic, he was at the dealer's place in 30 odd minutes. He checked the car and found to be good for the price. We went for test drive and suddenly he spotted the engine check light on. Deal was off at that very moment and we left the dealer.

Mechanic informed me that he has seen a 2005 Accord Euro which looks in good condition, so was checking if I am interested. I thought lets check the car. So me , wifey and mechanic went where the car was parked. Called the seller, who was private owner. Mechanic checked the car and according to him it seems to be in good condition for the car that's 9 years old. Plus car has only clocked 91K KMs. We test drove the car and were happy with it. Negotiated the price to $8200. Checked the car history and registration details online. Called codename47 and talked to him about the car and he suggested, it is a good deal. Paid token to owner and paid rest amount next day "tuesday" and took the delivery of the car. I gave car to mechanic to service it and to clean it off once before I start using. Also got the wheel alignment done.

SO then came friday and took car in my hands from the mechanic, till that time I have already purchased the insurance and transferred registration on my name. And we came home with our car and with smile on the face. We bought a cleaning duster and Garmin GPS on Thursday only.

Slept on Friday night with great enthusiasm and excitement of the ride next day. Woke up next morning, got ready and straight away went for Pooja of car. After pooja, set up car's GPS, CDs and tried understanding the switches. Once all set, here we go to temple and then to beach.

Few pics for you all.

Driving impressions will be followed soon.

DSC05755.JPG

DSC05757.JPG

DSC05761.JPG

DSC05800.JPG

DSC05796.JPG

DSC05797.JPG

DSC05798.JPG

DSC05799.JPG

DSC05801.JPG

DSC05805.JPG

DSC05806.JPG

DSC05808.JPG

DSC05809.JPG

DSC05811.JPG

DSC05814.JPG

DSC05818.JPG

Congratulations Dharmesh bhai Once again on your Honda.. [:)]
Hope you will enjoy driving in very fine Aussy roads. [clap]
Keep update us new locations and awesome shots with your car.

Nice writeup dharmesh and a excellent choice and as mentioned earlier on whatsapp an excellent combination of colour and sporty alloys. Great set of pictures and hoping for some trouble free ownership experience which you will share after covering some kilometers.

congratulations Dharmesh on your Accord[clap]. I liked the color and alloys.

And Newbie is right, this is basically Acura TSX, premium brand from Honda. Always liked TSX and TL.

Congrats Dharmesh !! Price seems to be good and car looks to be in well maintained.

Tell me more on your experience of driving a Automatic car there with the back ground of driving a manual gear Punto in India.

Congratulations Dharmesh, nice deal you got and car seems tobe well maintained.
Loved the shade, with nice alloys to go with.
Hows the driving experience, as what RK asked shifting from manuals to Automatic there.

Thread Starter #9
Car Details :

• Vehicle : 2005 Honda Accord Euro 7th Gen
  • Price : $8200
  • Kilometres on ODO when bought : 91,141 KMs
  • Colour : Arctic Blue
  • Transmission : 5 speed Automatic
  • Drive Type : Front Wheel Drive
  • Engine : 4 cylinder Petrol Aspirated 2.4 L (2354 cc)
  • Power : 140kW @ 6800rpm
  • Torque : 223Nm @ 4500rpm
  • Power to Weight Ratio : 98.2 (W/kg)
  • Fuel Economy Combined : 9.2L / 100km (Approx 11 KMPL)
  • Number of Airbags : 4
  • Airbags : Driver & Passenger (Dual)
  • Airbags : Head for 1st Row Seats (Front)
  • Brakes : ABS (Antilock Brakes)
  • Brakes : Brake Assist
  • Brakes : EBD (Electronic Brake Force Distribution)
  • Vehicle Control : Traction
  • Vehicle Control : Electronic Stability
  • ANCAP Rating : ****

Initial Driving Impressions :

As most of all are aware, in India I was driving Punto MJD. So this is big leap for me from Awesome Torque Engine to Awesome Revving Engine.
When I first drove this car during TD, I was not comfortable as the Accelerator pedal is mounted on floor as compared to normal cars where pedal is hanging from the top. But after few minutes of driving, I just forgot that and was enjoying the drive.

To be honest I have not yet revved engine above 3000 RPM to give you all the real driving experience of iVtec. So officially I am not yet eligible to say "iVtec kicked in yo!!!". :-). But I will try to pen down the things I experienced.

There is lot of power in car, a simple tap and car moves ahead. The torque is also great, as soon as you put car in D (drive) mode, you dont need to press gas pedal and car just moves on it self because of the torque same as diesel engines. Driving automatic for me is bit boring. Now and then my hand just goes and sit on gear knob by itself due to old habit.

Now coming back to topic:

• Car drives beautifully.
  • I have cornered car at speed of above 80+ and car was stable with no roll whatsoever. Car inspires the confidence to corner. :-D
  • Steering I thought earlier would be lighter, but is at par with Punto. It is heavy and I am loving it. It has tilt and reach functionality.
  • Suspensions are good enough, but on bit of un even roads, I can feel all the bumps. But this can be also due to the low profile tyres.
  • Ride quality is awesome.
  • Handling is awesome.
  • Ergonomics are awesome. I drove for about 250 KMs yesterday and there was no fatigue. Driver seat also have Lumbar support, which is bliss for my lower back support. Missed badly in Punto.
  • Brakes are good and does the work when needed.
  • As the gear box is old school 5 speed automatic, one can feel the gear shifts. But frankly speaking I like it when car changes the gear. Dont know why but feels good. While driving at higher speeds and if you want to overtake, just floor the gas pedal and it will downshift and here you go. I have tested this many times and it has done the same time and again. So no problems with overtakes. :-)
  • I used cruise control for about 40KMs and it is boon in long drives. Car just keeps the speed constant by down****ing if required. But it gives much needed break to leg many times.
  • Visibility is good, but there is blind spot behind A pillar. But as everyone here follows road rules most of the times, so that is not much of the issue.
  • Car drives at 90KMPH at around 2000 RPM. I may be wrong here will confirm it during next trip.
  • As it is petrol car there is no engine sound, but still road noise does not creeps into cabin.

Few Things :

• HU is 6 CD changer CD player, No AUX or USB provided. Need to DIY for that. :-P
  • Instrument cluster shows which door is open. But there is no instant FE or AVG. FE display.
  • There are good amount of storage provided.
  • Arm rest feels so good. I dint realise the need of it in my Punto as it was manual and my hand would always rest on gear knob.
  • Dual exhausts looks awesome.
  • When I start the car in morning, the idle RPM is about 1500 but in few minutes it comes down below 1000.
  • OEM HU sound is good with 6 speakers. This meets my need so no need to change the HU. Just need to have that plug for AUX or USB.
  • I have not yet sat on rear seat, so cannot comment about it. But my wife said, it is bucket like seat, so egress is bit difficult and need effort. But that's what gives you the comfort while journey.
  • Boot is big enough at 467 Litres.
  • Rear seats are split-fold down type.

Big Question - Kitna Deti Hai ?? :

Official Figure says 9.2L/100KM (Approx 11 KMPL), But I have not yet measured the same. I will post the figures as and when I calculate them.

So that's it for now, I will pen down the experiences from time to time with lots of pics. :-)

If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask, as this is also new experience for me and your questions will help me to understand my car even better.

Few pics from the yesterday's 250KM drive to Grand Pacific Drive:

DSC05839.JPG

DSC05840.JPG

DSC05841.JPG

DSC05844.JPG

DSC05852.JPG

Thread Starter #10
Congratulations Dharmesh bhai Once again on your Honda..
Hope you will enjoy driving in very fine Aussy roads. [clap]
Keep update us new locations and awesome shots with your car.
Thanks Man. And yes just follow this thread to get update of all the locations I have been to.

Nice writeup dharmesh and a excellent choice and as mentioned earlier on whatsapp an excellent combination of colour and sporty alloys. Great set of pictures and hoping for some trouble free ownership experience which you will share after covering some kilometers.
Thanks Sandy. All experiences will be shared here.

Congrats. The exteriors are that of an Acura TSX- the premium brand from Honda.
2005 Honda Accords here in US too have the same interiors.
Thanks newbie. And yes in US it is Acura TSX, but in Australia and New Zealand it is sold as Accord Euro. From what I have read on internet, Accord Euro is termed as bit sportier version of Accord.

congratulations Dharmesh on your Accord. I liked the color and alloys.

And Newbie is right, this is basically Acura TSX, premium brand from Honda. Always liked TSX and TL.
Thanks Singh Bhai. Yes alloys are stand out feature of the car. [evil]

Congrats Dharmesh !! Price seems to be good and car looks to be in well maintained.

Tell me more on your experience of driving a Automatic car there with the back ground of driving a manual gear Punto in India.
Thanks Gurrala.

Congratulations Dharmesh, nice deal you got and car seems tobe well maintained.
Loved the shade, with nice alloys to go with.
Hows the driving experience, as what RK asked shifting from manuals to Automatic there.
Thanks Vijay.

@Gurrala and @Vijay. This was something new for me coming from Manual High torque engine to Automatic High revving engine. The main difference is that you just need to push the pedal and let the car do what it thinks is best for you.

There is M (Manual) mode in the car, where i could shift gears like manual car, but I have not used it yet. Actually I have started loving the relaxed way of driving, It is bit boring but no more hassle of changing gears. After some time when I am much familiar with car, I will try using the M mode and pen down my experience.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
Update : Car has already crossed 1000 KMs in last 10 days.[evil]

In last 3 days I have driven car for about 850-900 KMs. [clap] Car has never missed a bit.

Friday 18th April 2014,

We and 2 friends went to Sea cliff bridge on Grand Pacific Drive and then Minnamura Rainforest (Pics are attached on the post above). The whole tour was about 260KMs. Rainforest was so calm and air was so fresh there, felt like in middle of heaven.

Sea Cliff Bridge :

The Sea Cliff Bridge is a balanced cantilever bridge located in the northern Illawarra region of New South Wales, Australia. The $52 million[2] bridge links the coastal villages of Coalcliff and Clifton. Featuring two lanes of traffic, a cycleway and a walkway, the Sea Cliff Bridge boasts spectacular views and is a feature of the scenic Lawrence Hargrave Drive.
More Info : Sea Cliff Bridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Minnamura Rainforest :

Budderoo is a national park in New South Wales, Australia, 99 km southwest of Sydney, best known for the timber boardwalk through the Minnamurra rainforest. The park features waterfalls, picnic and barbecue areas, a visitors center.
More Info : Budderoo National Park - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia & Minnamurra, New South Wales - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sunday 20th April 2014

Canberra

Canberra (/'kænb(?)r?/ or /'kænb?r?/)[4] is the capital city of Australia. With a population of 381,488, it is Australia's largest inland city and the eighth-largest city overall. The city is located at the northern end of the Australian Capital Territory (ACT), 280 km (170 mi) south-west of Sydney, and 660 km (410 mi) north-east of Melbourne. A resident of Canberra is known as a "Canberran".
More Info : Canberra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia & Visit Canberra. Australia's capital. Home of the Australian story.

The entire tour was of 610 KMs. Out of total KMs I drove about 450-500KMs on Cruise Control at constant speed of about 85-90KMPH. The drive was beautiful, scenic country routes, greenary and typical country side farms and fields. On the way, I found many dead Kangaroos lying at side of the road. This may be due to them crossing the road and some vehicle hitting them. [cry]

The car never missed the beat, the feedback from road is awesome. Steering is very precise and car does what you command it to do.

Car was constantly driven at the speed of 90KMPH (speed from GPS) at 1950-2000 RPM. I have not calculated FE figures of the trip, but it would be more than 10 KMPL, that's for sure.

Some Pics to please your eyes:

DSC05858.JPG

DSC05859.JPG

DSC05860.JPG

DSC05861.JPG

DSC05864.JPG

DSC05865.JPG

DSC05866.JPG

DSC05874.JPG

DSC05881.JPG

DSC05882.JPG

DSC05883.JPG

DSC05891.JPG

DSC05909.JPG

DSC05910.JPG

DSC05922.JPG

DSC05956.JPG

Congrats Dharmesh, fantastic choice, you cant go wrong with a honda petrol!
Once you get spoilt by the cruise control, then there is no going back.
How is the low end power?

I would suggest some sporty seat covers(assuming they dont mess with air bags) - that will add spark to the interior!

Hi Dharmesh,
Car looks fantastic in that Color. Its a very well maintained one based on the exterior and interior you posted.
Hope you enjoying the drive..

Thread Starter #15
Refreshed 2014 Honda Accord available in Kuwait as in the attached photo. Accord is a good vehicle. Congrats for your new ride.
Thanks Mathew. The car pics you shared looks like coupe.

Congrats Dharmesh, fantastic choice, you cant go wrong with a honda petrol!
Once you get spoilt by the cruise control, then there is no going back.
How is the low end power?

I would suggest some sporty seat covers(assuming they dont mess with air bags) - that will add spark to the interior!
Thanks IR. Basically there was not a choice we bought what we thought was good. But yes what we bought turned out to be great buy. [clap]

Yes Cruise Control is very addictive and also you get freedom to move your right leg.

I am not that technical able to answer the question about low end torque, but car push you back on your seats as you floor the gas pedal from stand still. Also when I shift the mode to "D" car starts moving ahead without pressing the gas pedal. I hope this answers your question, if not then let me know. Ill try to describe in more technical manner.

Seat covers are in TODO list.

Hi Dharmesh,
Car looks fantastic in that Color. Its a very well maintained one based on the exterior and interior you posted.
Hope you enjoying the drive..
Thanks Ambylovers. Yes I am enjoying the car for every KM it munches.

Top Bottom