I remember the day Jan 21,2002 when my dad brought a new White Maruti 800 which he drove from showroom to our home and gave us the best surprise our family have ever had. From there our journey started and in the year 2010 we bought a Hyundai i10 Magna (Grey). At this moment I realized what a feeling it was to own a car.
So now it was the time for a new car.Right from the beginning me and my dad were petrol heads since we both loved to drive and nothing feels better to have a quiet,zippy petrol engine under the hood.
So the picture was clear its going to be petrol car and without even going here and there,I shortlisted HONDA BRIO. Although Hyundai Grand i10 was a suggestion but I simply ruled out for two reasons :1. I didn't wanted another i10 in my house. 2. The ASS
cost of Hyundai is very high almost that of a diesel car
After this the questions arises "From where to buy ?" and the answer was also very clear "The one who gives better deal". So I visited both the agencies, Prestige Honda and Harmony Honda but decided to go for the latter as it gave me a good package as well as the hospitality was out of the box
On Friday we went to the showroom and booked the vehicle which was SMT since I wanted to have a car which costs me under 5lakhs OTR. The break up for the cost is:- Costs
1. Ex-show room-4,56,000/-
2. Insurance(Honda Assure)-15000/-
3. Extended Warranty- - 5240/-
4. Handling Charges - 4000/-
Registration Charges in Chandigarh - 24720/- Discounts & Freebies
1.Handling charges -4000/-
2. Corporate Discount- 3000/-
3. Free Mats
4. Chrome Exhaust Finisher
5. Cargo Protector
6. Car Cover
7. Honda Pillows
8. One Time Teflon Coat
So the total OTR price comes to be 4,97,960/-(just what I thought)
Finally, as they say the D-day arrives Sunday 9th March,2014 and we got a call from the SE that the car is ready.So we went and there it was standing in the delivery area,looking dam sexy. There was a nice ceremony which includes some clicks,sweets distribution and lot of thanks to each other.
Its been a month now and I have driven around 1500kms. Not to mention that First free check up of the car is done where I spent extra 5k for 4 times 3M body coating and anti rust coating underneath which I thought was quite worth as the car would either be standing on road or in office open parking and it would prevent strains from bird dropping etc and since summers was around the corner, I think it was a must.
So if I quickly summarize my experience under two sections, it would be
1. The i-Vtec is a gem of an engine with a lot of power (88ps) under the hood and very silent.
2. I was quite impressed with the initial average of this car i.e. 18.5kmpl on my first trip of 500km to delhi
3. Height adjuster driver seat gives me a commanding feel over the car
4. Rear leg room is great.
5. Steering Controls is a very useful thing as it helps you to tune your music while keeping an eye on the road.
1. Small boot (although i don't like to carry huge luggage on trips) but still its quite ok to me.
2. The gears are a bit notchy as compared to my i10 but I"ll get used to it
3. Tilt steering would have been a blessing
I would upload the pics soon..stay tuned